• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamespy Interrogation Room on RO2:HoS

Depends on what part of the torso..Your a smart guy Gro..think logically and real world.. you can work it out..;)

Logic and real world? Then i'd say a high-velocity rifle round tearing through any part of your torso, be that lung, kidney, liver, spleen, stomache sack, bladder or small intestine, yawing and tumbling as it goes along, whilst not allways instantly fatal, would definately leave anyone combat ineffective, lying impotent on the ground either writhing in pain, or paralyzed with shock, quite unable to get back up, and run around shooting a gun like a champ.

That was the answer you where looking for, No?
SebbenSmirk.jpg

Upvote 0
God have mercy on the souls that still have to use them, My prayers are with you all. :(

Long time CRT user, and I have a great friend that let me barrow one of his 22'' LCD monitors, and I'll never go back, never I say!

I use a CRT monitor and I would never touch a flat screen for the purpose I use the CRT for, the current flat screens on market are just horrible.

Upvote 0
Logic and real world? Then i'd say a high-velocity rifle round tearing through any part of your torso, be that lung, kidney, liver, spleen, stomache sack, bladder or small intestine, yawing and tumbling as it goes along, whilst not allways instantly fatal, would definately leave anyone combat ineffective, lying impotent on the ground either writhing in pain, or paralyzed with shock, quite unable to get back up, and run around shooting a gun like a champ.

SebbenSmirk.jpg

Torso shot hasn't always been 1 hit KO, I've been hit in the sides (beside the stomach) or shoulder areas and lived with a giant red mark on my chest in the damage box.

Upvote 0

SebbenSmirk.jpg

What if the bullet simply ricocheted off a rib and missed vital organs? or didn't cause a mortal wound?
Lets not assume that everytime you get shot you're instantly hospitalised ;)

Upvote 0
From the way I understand bandaging, it is for wounds that wouldn't be lethal (if it weren't for the massive amounts of bloodloss). I believe bandages to be for those wounds that you would typically survive in RO, but might be bleeding from.

From the gameplay that has been shown there look to be plenty of one-shot-kills. The biggest thing that has been changed (again this is just my impression) is the addition of slow deaths from shots to the stomach.

I've also heard stories of soldiers continuing to fight even after getting a round through the lung. But I don't think it is necessary for every vital organ to have it's own hitbox. A simple rifle shot center-mass should suffice.

Upvote 0
From the way I understand bandaging, it is for wounds that wouldn't be lethal (if it weren't for the massive amounts of bloodloss). I believe bandages to be for those wounds that you would typically survive in RO, but might be bleeding from.

I've also heard stories of soldiers continuing to fight even after getting a round through the lung. But I don't think it is necessary for every vital organ to have it's own hitbox. A simple rifle shot center-mass should suffice.
Bandaging is indeed what you say. Get a shot in the leg and you survive (just like in RO1), however they added the requirement that you bandage it so you will not die of blood loss later.

Also one lung is not that bad (collapsed lung is also not lethal or something), although pretty uncomfortable and you might not want to walk any further, I am not surprised hearing someone full of adrenaline keep walking (one lung gives enough oxygen for a while - not sprinting of course)

Upvote 0
Logic and real world? Then i'd say a high-velocity rifle round tearing through any part of your torso, be that lung, kidney, liver, spleen, stomache sack, bladder or small intestine, yawing and tumbling as it goes along, whilst not allways instantly fatal, would definately leave anyone combat ineffective, lying impotent on the ground either writhing in pain, or paralyzed with shock, quite unable to get back up, and run around shooting a gun like a champ.[/IMG]

Not necessarily. It's very tricky subject but there's plenty of stories that can be backed up how someone got shot few times and still went running like crazy until passing out or eventually coming to a screeching halt because he finally "registered" his hits :)p). Probably the most common example is one story from Korean war where a meatchopper (aka Quad .50cal AA mount on a halftrack) kept pounding koreans advancing on US position and the crew was shocked that some guys that got visibily hit at close range barely flinched at all after getting hit by a burst or two or just by some random bullets. Not all of them, but some.

My grandfather once told me also his own life experience from the war that artillery shell hit pretty much "next" to him, only thing inbetween was his horse. The horse got ripped to pieces, my grandfather's right arm's muscle tissue got ripped very badly open, got several major shrapenls inside and only thing he felt was how dazed everything was instead of crippling pain. He passed out pretty much shortly after that and the next thing he remembers was that he woke up in a hospital a week later. Now his memory was pretty good even to the day he died and the very few moments he brought it up he always said he didn't feel anything in his arm, no pain or anything even when his overcoat and coveralls were full of blood around the sleeve, chunk of his arm was missing (so to speak) and he got few shrapnels deep inside his arm.

Now of course this is very subjective and relatively speaking rare thing to happen if you consider the big picture, but by no means it's not impossible to "ignore" a hit even when there's major fatal potential in the wound.

Upvote 0