• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game Type] IJC Zed Defend Closed Beta

We also plan to make power pickups which ZEDs will drop. I already tried to make something like the Juggernaut (150hp) but KF does not support health over 100hp, I need to find a workaround here.
KFO modified pickups so that they can change user walk speed. Maybe use that in conjunction with just adding health to give the player a walk speed that counters the speed boost from having health over 100? If you keep syringes in the game, you might want to assign a replicated boolean like bIsJuggernaut to the pawn and add a handler in the syringe so it can see the var when it looks for a healee.

Upvote 0
There are several places in KFMod's code where max health is hardcoded to 100 (e.g. Syringe) instead of using pawn's HealthMax. So you need to change those first. After that there will be another problem: HealthMax is replicated only once, during init (bNetInitial). That's why you need to add an extra variable to your human pawn class, for example:
Code:
var() int HealthBonus; 

replication
{
    reliable if( bNetDirty && Role == ROLE_Authority )
        HealthBonus; 
}

simulated function Tick(float DeltaTime)
{
    HealthMax = default.HealthMax + HealthBonus;
    if ( Health > HealthMax )
        Health = HealthMax;

super.Tick(DeltaTime);
}

Upvote 0
30 seconds should only apply to Easy.
If you played Zombies, you would know to keep the last zombie alive.
I only tested on normal, but I would like to see hard+ have less time and the zed count removed from the HUD.

That last zombie would typically be a slow moving crawler, though :cool:

Come to think of it though 10 seconds may be just right. Any longer will probably be too long. I think varying difficulties isn't necessary, as long as it gets gradually harder as you complete each wave.

I'm gonna give it some more testing on latest update and come back tomorrow with whatever ideas I can come up with.

Upvote 0