• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fun times with FauxSix Players

nutterbutter

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Logged into a HoE server running biotics. A single medic with full health and 60% armor was last player alive on wave 4. He was running for his "life" from 11 clots and crawlers while trying keep a shotgun loaded. I type "Why is a medic with 60% armor running away from clots on wave 4?" He ran around for 4 or 5 minutes in close to a panic and somehow survived.

On wave 8, a couple players started dropped. That left FauxSix medic, another guy, and myself a support 6. We stayed as a group but were pushed right of spawn into the room. First guy ran past me, then the medic. I stayed in the hallways so I could keep shooting multiple specimens. I typed "medic, pull the sc" twice,no go. FauxSix Medic with full armor wanted nothing to do with the scrake. I dropped the scrake, and another with the aa12. We worked our way back to spawn and I think another coupe scrakes attacked. Medic takes off down the left hall, the other player dies as I shoot the sc in the back. 4 mobs left, 1 sc. I've got a few shells left in the aa12 and I'm running after the medic. "pull the sc" "Pull the sc" Nope. Medic is against the door. I'm about 6 feet in front. I get off 4 shells. Sc walks up. I get out "I'm dead" then sc kills me. With a level 6 medic with full armor 4 feet behind me. Medic quickly kills the damaged sc and low level mobs then runs off to trader. I respawn, sell my equipment, give away my cash, call the medic an idiot, and leave.

Hoe on biotics. I'm soloing the map and it's 20 seconds to the start of wave 9. A FauxSix Commando joins. I stand in front of him until wave 8 starts. I throw down a mk23 for him. He picks it up. Immediately he runs, no armor and only the AK, up the hall and into the room on the left. I stay at spawn and kill a few things and a scrake. Next thing I know, he runs out of the room, turns around, unloads the ak into the room, then runs to me. Fully raged FP runs out. Lovely. I fire the remaining shells in the drum, but it isn't enough. FP kills me then the FauxSix commando.

After the wipe I type "Really?" He replies with "What?"

Another game on Hoe Biotics. Full team of 6's, 2 sharp, I'm support, and 3 other players. Everything is going ok, but there is a weird wrinkle to this game. One of the sharpies is in the left corridor handling the rare spawns on the left. End of wave 5 or 6 and there is one sc left. Keep that in mind, 1 sc on left corridor. Last mob. I watch him lock the scrake and shoot the sc 4 times with a LAR. Everyone is leaving, so I toss 4 grenades at the sc and follow up with the aa12. When the trader wave starts the sharpie says "Don't do that." I told him "I just did that because it was the last specimen."

The next few waves go by and he is complaining about how we are the worst teamever. Keep in mind, he is one of the two sharps and he has basically segregated himself in the left corridor looking at a door that is empty 90% of the time. After a few complaints I just told him "Well, why don't you effing leave?" "If we're the worst team, then go." During wave 8 or 9, we wiped. Of course he dropped last because he was the farthest away from the team. He said something and I replied with "If you're so great, why did you separate yourself from the team and stare down an empty hall?"

Now this game was weird. Another HoE game on biotics. I stayed back as support and maintained visual spawn lock. The other 5 guys played way up the corridor. Had to be one of the fastest complete games on biotics I've played. They wailed on everything and no one died.

My comment on the matter:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Played HoE Bioticslabs earlier with a Faux Support, Faux Firebad, a lvl 3 loudmouth tryhard who wouldn't shut up about how "Kills = Skills", and 2 lvl 6 Sharpies. I'm Support watching the left hall. All is fine until wave 6 when scrakes start spawning and the three stooges rage every scrake they see, with the firebad doing most of the raging. A scrake spawns, heads towards me, and the Faux support goes full AA-12 and I die. The rest of the team barely lives out the rest of the wave. Wave 7 starts, I swap to Sharpie so I can at least stun a sc before anything bad happens. I manage to take down a few sc and 1 fp without interference, but when another fp spawned a bit later the firebad goes full flamethrower on him and I die again... Rinse and repeat until wave 9 we all wipe, with everyone raging. Amazing

Upvote 0
I met a FauxSix Comando on West London the other day. Wave just started and me and another player was at the time in the tunnel fursthest away from spawn on wave 8. First thing this commando did was raging a FP with his AK. We took him down though but had reduced health and armor. Next thing, a Scrake appears, he rages that too and killed both me and him. I told him that he must be new to this difficulty and said he shouldn't rage FPs and SCs as commando. his answer was: Shut up, I'm level 6.

Facepalm+ kick/ ban as I told the admin about it.

Upvote 0
Can you please give me teh IPs of servers where I can find decent players to play Suicidal and HoE? Preferebly in Europe. I am sick of playing a whole game just to get wiped out at 9th or 10th wave because of stupid people who think that the best player is the player with the most kills and end up dead because of their own greed.

my nick in Steam is Badonkin Donuts ...

Upvote 0
Thought this was going to be about a new bot-heavy game mode.... :D

From the fewer games Im playing Ive seen this alot. Really strange play from certain types. Its why Im slowly expanding the people on my steam "friends" and playing mostly with them only.

Too many "fauxplayers" out there. Though Ive gotten better at recognizing early on and just dropping out early. If they really annoy me I wont bother dropping weapons or cash and just go. My usual is to give everything up though so the next player will have something when they join other than the birthday suit.

Its just the reality of the moment... more players are using the cheat servers to level up and arent putting in the hours to learn the game. So they are just basically noobs disguised as gold perks.

One thing you can do is during the game, bring up the Steam overlay and check the players playing with you. Go to the profile and if you are lucky it will show the "hours" theyve put into playing the game. Good indication of their competence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thought this was going to be about a new bot-heavy game mode.... :D

From the fewer games Im playing Ive seen this alot. Really strange play from certain types. Its why Im slowly expanding the people on my steam "friends" and playing mostly with them only.

Too many "fauxplayers" out there. Though Ive gotten better at recognizing early on and just dropping out early one. If they really annoy me I wont bother dropping weapons or cash and just go. My usual is to give everything up though so the next player will have something when they join other than the birthday suit.

Its just the reality of the moment... more players are using the cheat servers to level up and arent putting in the hours to learn the game. So they are just basically noobs disguised as gold perks.

One thing you can do is during the game, bring up the Steam overlay and check the players playing with you. Go to the profile and if you are lucky it will show the "hours" theyve put into playing the game. Good indication of their competence.

This is exactly what I do. It works, just plain works.

Upvote 0
Mountain Pass, Suicidal. A FauxSix Sharp joins us. We were a variegated team (FB, Commando, Demo, Zerker and Support) and so we happily welcomed him. We were holding down in the roads, near the trader, in the parking with a car and the caravan. Sharpie went up the caravan and started sniping some zeds. A Scrake came to eat my guts and, even if I could have dealt easily with him, i preferred to leave him for the sharpie. I called him, and he aimed at the scrake. I turned around, confident of our sharpie's skills. Suddenly the demo went mad and discharged 6 nades near me. I then discovered that he saved my ***, because our sharpie didn't kill the scrake. From out the smoke emerged another rageing scrake who wiped my ***.

This thing basically happened for two waves in a row. In the first time the team luckily survived. We weren't so lucky with FPs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0