• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fun times with FauxSix Players

ooh, thank you.

it's a shame there's no similar treatment for good players who reset back to level0

I don't understand what you mean by this. Good player know what they are doing, and know how to play the perk (you'd be surprised at how easy it is to play as a low level once you know how to play the game), whereas fauxsix players powerleved to level 6 within a few hours, know nothing about the game, and as a result are more often a wipe causing burden then help.

Upvote 0
I don't understand what you mean by this. Good player know what they are doing, and know how to play the perk (you'd be surprised at how easy it is to play as a low level once you know how to play the game), whereas fauxsix players powerleved to level 6 within a few hours, know nothing about the game, and as a result are more often a wipe causing burden then help.

Fauxsixes= super noobs. My simple translation. Good players who do a perk reset are often obvious.

Upvote 0

bad wording on my part

I meant it's too bad people can recognize bad lvl6 players while just-reset lvl0 players are ignored and assumed to be horrible and new

Upvote 0
Playing Hillbilly Horror as a medic with m23, m32, and Kriss and a zerker joins before wave 5 or 6. I give him 1,100+ and the wave starts. He takes off and rambos. Kill 7 specimens and dies. Lovely.

How do I know for a fact that he was a FauxSix? When the next trader wave started, he ran to the trader and started begging for money. 2 other players that just joined were saying "Go get your axe dude."

Upvote 0
Playing Hillbilly Horror as a medic with m23, m32, and Kriss and a zerker joins before wave 5 or 6. I give him 1,100+ and the wave starts. He takes off and rambos. Kill 7 specimens and dies. Lovely.

How do I know for a fact that he was a FauxSix? When the next trader wave started, he ran to the trader and started begging for money. 2 other players that just joined were saying "Go get your axe dude."

Must have really been a fauxsix player to not spawn with an axe.

Upvote 0
Really hate how these stupid power levelling noobs join Suicidal or HOE and don't even know what they are doing, I encountered one not too long ago when some noob level 6 demo was using the wrong weapon and didn't even stick with the team, killed at least 5 zeds, died and left the game. Someone checked his profile and had less than 30 hours.

Though its entertaining to see them get instant wiped though, serves them right for power levelling and joining a harder difficulty thinking they could play but they don't know due to lack of experience.

Upvote 0
Playing HoE on Hillbilly Horror. FauxSix Support joins before wave 6. I give him 1,200+ at the trader. Wave starts are we at the top of the middle house. Get a few kills and jump down. I spin around to heal him and he's below 50% health and still on the roof. I try to heal and he jumps down and is dead. Lovely.

Guess how many kills this FauxSix got. 3. Yup. 3.

I finish the wave and a third player joins. The Fauxsix rejoins as a zerker. The wave starts and no more than 6 seconds into the wave "<this player> has left a small crater." Even better. So he's still at three kills.

Wave 7 ends and against my better judgement, I fill up my weapons and give him another 800+. Wave 8 starts and he gets another 8 kills and he's dead.

2,000+ dosh. 3 spawns. 11 kills.

Fantastic.

Upvote 0
Playing HoE on Hillbilly Horror. FauxSix Support joins before wave 6. I give him 1,200+ at the trader. Wave starts are we at the top of the middle house. Get a few kills and jump down. I spin around to heal him and he's below 50% health and still on the roof. I try to heal and he jumps down and is dead. Lovely.

Guess how many kills this FauxSix got. 3. Yup. 3.

I finish the wave and a third player joins. The Fauxsix rejoins as a zerker. The wave starts and no more than 6 seconds into the wave "<this player> has left a small crater." Even better. So he's still at three kills.

Wave 7 ends and against my better judgement, I fill up my weapons and give him another 800+. Wave 8 starts and he gets another 8 kills and he's dead.

2,000+ dosh. 3 spawns. 11 kills.

Fantastic.

Why give this guy money if you know he/she is a power levelling noob? Personally, I wouldn't even bother giving them money especially if they don't know how to play the game properly and if they keep dying every wave, it would be a waste of your money anyway, which is more suited to yourself.

Upvote 0
Why give this guy money if you know he/she is a power levelling noob? Personally, I wouldn't even bother giving them money especially if they don't know how to play the game properly and if they keep dying every wave, it would be a waste of your money anyway, which is more suited to yourself.

Well, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He logged in a support and even though he saw that I was kiting as a medic, he could have gotten jumped by a gorefast and that's a quick death. So when he changed to zerker, I gave him the rest of my cash after refilling. Then he died quickly again. :)

Upvote 0