• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Forest sequel

The number of trees on the screen at once should break the game.
If you look close, however, you'll see that any tree (or bigger bush) that's farther than a couple of meters away is just a 2d cardboard construction that only fills out to a full tree/bush when players get close. Not very noticeable in screenshots, but ingame they fade in.
The same is going to be true for any building or landmark I'm going to add at some point. E.g. the bridge in one of the screenshots. Only the bare minimum that is necessary to make the scene look like a rich and full landscape is going to be visible form afar. Details will only fade (or pop) in at close distances. :)
Here DMN to help understand it a bit ;)

Upvote 0
Ok i do love mountain pass very much,but this map is as epic as it gets folks.The way it sits in my mind is blowing me away and i can't wrap my head around all the detail in it.One question i have is that because its so huge,will you have pathnotes and spawns to where ever a player is at that time?because it would take a real long time for them to get to you.Thank you for a great look to this killer map Murphy

Upvote 0
River:
aWW74zn.jpg

Castle:
o2zNyJ2.jpg

The gate's open. :)

Upvote 0
I like it but it sounds like a concept name. Like it demands some kind of memory theme. For example, you walk through a forest and suddenly a car fades in with two people making out in it because your character remembers a night from 15 years ago.. Alan Wake, for example, is chock-full of things like this.

I think I need something simpler.

Here's a look at a cold, dead march:
5y4QQVk.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0