• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I don't know what are you talking about, that was my first post on these forums.
2. Did I say anything about date change of beta release? (wait, so theres any beta release date? :p) No. I was just curious why TWI confuses BETA stage with ALPHA stage.
3. You clearly confuse me with someone other.

They have made it very clear that the BETA is a completely different build. So while we are testing the Beta, they can make changes to the final game. That is the true meaning of Beta, and I applaud Tripwire for having the class to use it as such.

Upvote 0
(...) But to test it they need 100's of ranked servers sending data back to TWI HQ. And for that they ideally would like 1000's players playing. (...)

They have made it very clear that the BETA is a completely different build. So while we are testing the Beta, they can make changes to the final game. That is the true meaning of Beta, and I applaud Tripwire for having the class to use it as such.

So from what I understood what you said, is that even though TWI needs us (the beta testers (that even paid additional money to be able to help them)) to finish the game earlier, they refuse to accept our help thus expanding time before game release and not granting beta access to players which have paid for it.
All I can see in granting beta access to players, are advantages and why TWI is not doing so, is beyond me. Maybe I'm not smart enough to follow TWI logic.

Reactions: heady89
Upvote 0
So from what I understood what you said, is that even though TWI needs us (the beta testers (that even paid additional money to be able to help them)) to finish the game earlier, they refuse to accept our help thus expanding time before game release and not granting beta access to players which have paid for it.
All I can see in granting beta access to players, are advantages and why TWI is not doing so, is beyond me. Maybe I'm not smart enough to follow TWI logic.

They cannot just say, hey guys join the beta, and POOF your in. It takes actual work, people being pulled off the development, and put into beta integration. You have to get servers up and running to accomadate the amount of incoming testers. You have to patch the exsisting beta so current testers are compatable to join as well. ALL of this and more, while maintaining the development of the actual game and not pushing your deadline back even further.
THAT is why we don't have dde beta acces as of yet, NOT because they don't want us too.

Upvote 0
They cannot just say, hey guys join the beta, and POOF your in. It takes actual work, people being pulled off the development, and put into beta integration. You have to get servers up and running to accomadate the amount of incoming testers. You have to patch the exsisting beta so current testers are compatable to join as well. ALL of this and more, while maintaining the development of the actual game and not pushing your deadline back even further.
THAT is why we don't have dde beta acces as of yet, NOT because they don't want us too.

^^^

I like this one myself :D

Upvote 0

They should have thought about that before putting the DDE on sale and suggesting that the final stage was imminent.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm thinking that getting the data-gathering servers and software ready for a greatly scaled-up beta test is itself a big project that will take time to set up and test. If they are doing things like the heatmaps that the Halo team used to watch activity on various maps, that's a lot of data on thousands of simultaneous players on hundreds of simultaneous servers, and it takes time to be prepared to receive all that data.

Upvote 0
I followed it's development pretty closely, and as the previews started coming in I decided it best to wait for the release reviews, and more importantly the forum user reviews.

One thing though, Maddox Games developed a whole new proprietary simulation engine for Storm Of War/Cliffs Of Dover, which is a huge undertaking. Having been involved in the development of Rise Of Flight, I know how much development time can be consumed in creating a high-fidelity simulation engine (it ate through the complete Gennadich Team budget for Knights Of The Sky, before the dev. team was lucky to find another owner and $$$ with NEOQB, for what would become ROF).

Yep, followed its development for years, and just wanted to see SOMETHING. So i was willing to preorder. After firing it up the first day or release, I have'nt touched it since.

Rise of Flight is a fantastic game with a great developer who knows how to support the community. They're the TWI of flight sims.

Reactions: PsychoPigeon
Upvote 0
7EZCD.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i heard from one of the beta testers that the game is very playable right now , and he doesnt really know why they dont release the beta now.

personally i think its rediculous to delay a beta because you are "fixing bugs"

the more people you have in a beta before release the better the product will be when it ships. A beta is to squash bugs , not delay it until you fix them.

Upvote 0
i heard from one of the beta testers that the game is very playable right now , and he doesnt really know why they dont release the beta now.

personally i think its rediculous to delay a beta because you are "fixing bugs"

the more people you have in a beta before release the better the product will be when it ships. A beta is to squash bugs , not delay it until you fix them.

They didnt delay the Beta they delayed the release the beta will take place as it would have before they just wont announce it so no one cries afterwardsif something goes wrong it will still be before 30th August

Upvote 0
This:

They didnt delay the Beta they delayed the release the beta will take place as it would have before they just wont announce it so no one cries afterwards if something goes wrong it will still be before 30th August

Also remeber for a beta release like that you dont only need the client ready. You need to have things like the servers for it etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.