For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2007
Campinas - SP, Brazil
$8 is what I paid, and they are giving me a 3 week beta. Would I have the right to complain if it was a 1 day beta? No.

I agree to the terms "Before the 30th" when I clicked buy, apparently not many others didn't. They saw beta and thought "I get the game next week!"

I agree 100% to you!

Some people, after clicking "purchase for myself", started wondering: "ok, now... where's the "install beta" button?".

godtom

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2009
I agree 100% to you!

Some people, after clicking "purchase for myself", started wondering: "ok, now... where's the "install beta" button?".

I would gladly trade my beta in for a release on the 30th.

I bought the pre order on the premise of the release date. I would think if TWI would go on steam and ask for preoders and say the release is a little more then a month away that they would have a more concrete date, I banked on TWI that the date set would be more concrete. I still remember when games went gold.

Last edited:

alb4g

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2011
United Kingdom
$8 is what I paid, and they are giving me a 3 week beta. Would I have the right to complain if it was a 1 day beta? No.

I agree to the terms "Before the 30th" when I clicked buy, apparently not many others didn't. They saw beta and thought "I get the game next week!"

You would actually have a right to complain. Many people bought the DDE after being told beta would be 'a lot sooner'. Collateral contract.

squ33k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 17, 2011
lag for Australia/New zealand

lag for Australia/New zealand

will there be much lag or will there be dedi's in Australia/New Zealand?

thats my only question.

personaly i was slightly sad when it was delayed but i guess its needed it did blow ym gaming scheduale away but i can deal with it because i already pre orded bf3, and i have others things to do.

PsychoPigeon

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
In Unreal

they aren't giving you a 3 week beta, nowhere does it state that. You'll get a 2 day early access if you're lucky.

Maizel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 21, 2011
they aren't giving you a 3 week beta, nowhere does it state that. You'll get a 2 day early access if you're lucky.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get a bit more than that.

But even if we don't, Ossius is right, People that put a little thought into their purchase would have noticed that it lacked a firm beta date, but decided to take the chance, or throw TWI an extra bone, anyway.

MeFirst

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2006
Germany
My personal speculation is that the beta will start in the upcoming week after the gamescom is over. Kinda bad for me because right on the start of the next week im not at home for another week.

Demogorgon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 4, 2005
Oklahoma City
i have new pc pieces parts i'm waiting for.. they should be here any day now, so i'm fine with the wait.. it would've been interesting to see how it ran on this thing, though!

Filo90

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 4, 2011
I don't want to complain, but the sentence " there won't be days without media and advertisements releases in August" was just wrong, it's 17 of August and still nothing really concrete......:D

but I repeat, it dioesn't bother me......;)

Faneca

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
Portugal
Sure hope this part of the Beta does NOT have a NDA, because TWI would be missing out on a absourdly high amount of free and good publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.