• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Exported Specimen Rigs/models/animations/textures

no script or letting people know how to get the rig that you mentioned in the video?

you can animate the rig provided in the SDK or rigs taken from packages ingame when importing .psa/.psk files into max without any particular script other than unactorx

i just wondered about this special method/script you mentioned?

your rig doesnt look any different from a standard psk and psa import using unactorx.

wheres the COOL SCRIPT? :(
You are Blind ...

I didn't mentioned that you will get the same rig as at video.

Look at my reply again
Xm Xm xm mmmm, i've found a way of adding Biped Rig system Along the Simple Skeleton Created from UnActorX
i can use almost the same Rig system as here YouTube - Half-Life 2 Character rig in 3D Studio Max
This is simply example YouTube - 3D Studio MAX - Two Handed Weapon - Basic IK
of using biped bone's system, there are a lot of these examples on youtube,etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Getting it in 3ds max is the easy part. Exporting it with actorX without any errors is a challenge. I found out the hard way, making my rig in 3ds max first and not look into the unreal export stuff.(actorX)

All the IK handlers dont export correctly, and I get so many vertex export errors its depressing. In the end I used one of the existing rigs and envelopped it around my character. Once I figure out how to export my rig decent within the guidelines of the unreal engine ill re-export the entire thing.

Upvote 0
You are Blind ...

I didn't mentioned that you will get the same rig as at video.

Look at my reply again This is simply example
of using biped bone's system, there are a lot of these examples on youtube,etc.

ok never mind, i think everyone got lost in translation somewhere - your english kind of misleads

thanks tho for posting videos of what a rig looks like for those who dont know what we are talking about

Upvote 0
Huh :D
officeworkeronbiped.png
All you did was skin the foster mesh to the prebuilt Biped rig with pre-existing IK...
and you said you had help from a script that you probably didnt write
you didnt do crap, none of this can be used in killing floor.

Upvote 0
All you did was skin the foster mesh to the prebuilt Biped rig with pre-existing IK...
and you said you had help from a script that you probably didnt write
you didnt do crap, none of this can be used in killing floor.
lol its not your problem if its mine or not.
P.S.
Huh, you dont know what are you talking about, your conclusion is - Bull****,not truth!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol its not your problem if its mine or not.
P.S.
Huh, you dont know what are you talking about, your conclusion is - Bull****,not truth!
I have done animations and got them working in game, I know exactly what im talking about. what have you done? have you got ANY work in game? have you contributed ANY useful information to the community?

If not, what are you doing here...
you talk like you know everything yet you help no one

Maybe you can use your method to pose meshes for people, or make animations for videos

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have done animations and got them working in game, I know exactly what im talking about. what have you done? have you got ANY work in game? have you contributed ANY useful information to the community?

If not, what are you doing here...
you talk like you know everything yet you help no one

Maybe you can use your method to pose meshes for people, or make animations for videos
First of all i've used a script to make the Biped System, Along The Existing Bones(from UnActorX) in 2 minutes, second i've didn't skined biped to mesh, i've used other script to do this automatically.

Third, The only work, that i've want to do is this - http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46756&page=2
And i didn't get any concrete useful information from The community to help me with that mod.
Either way, participating in Such project, itself will benefit for those who will be involved.

I'm working like so - you help me, i help you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if theres a script which weighs mesh automatically to bones perfectly and one for adding a bi-ped in 2 mins then i would love to get hold of them, imagine the modders you would be helping in the community also,

however i very much doubt theres such a brilliant script... especially one that does it well

if you dont want to help, but still post, is all that your doing just bragging? its not good to anyone, lets all help one another, or the modding community is simply slowed down by such attitude

Reactions: braindead
Upvote 0
First of all i've used a script to make the Biped System, Along The Existing Bones(from UnActorX) in 2 minutes, second i've didn't skined biped to mesh, i've used other script to do this automatically.

A script to make the Biped system... You do know Biped is integrated within 3ds max right? (under systems tab) Hardly would call it a script, since everything is click and drag. Max scripting goes way beyond that.

Sure you can copy a skin from another model and cross your fingers. With custom meshes this impossible and you must re-envelope every bone. Enveloping a mesh can never be done "automatic". The only thing you could possibly do is copy the skin from a mesh that almost looks identical to the one you are adjusting.

You could also just explain how you did the script to us and prove us wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: braindead
Upvote 0
if theres a script which weighs mesh automatically to bones perfectly and one for adding a bi-ped in 2 mins then i would love to get hold of them, imagine the modders you would be helping in the community also,

however i very much doubt theres such a brilliant script... especially one that does it well

if you dont want to help, but still post, is all that your doing just bragging? its not good to anyone, lets all help one another, or the modding community is simply slowed down by such attitude

Couldn't agree more.

A script to make the Biped system... You do know Biped is integrated within 3ds max right? (under systems tab) Hardly would call it a script, since everything is click and drag. Max scripting goes way beyond that.

Sure you can copy a skin from another model and cross your fingers. With custom meshes this impossible and you must re-envelope every bone. Enveloping a mesh can never be done "automatic". The only thing you could possibly do is copy the skin from a mesh that almost looks identical to the one you are adjusting.

Man, that really would be so awesome to have an auto script that skins a mesh to bones but in reality it just isn't possible.
The skin weights rely on the vertex number system of the mesh and being as every single mesh has a different numbering system, you could never automate it.
If you had 2 meshes that had the exact same number of vertices, in the exact same places, then you would have the exact same mesh twice.

But as Hemi said, I would really love to be proved wrong as you would not just be a hero in this modding community but every single moddable game in the world!
I have searched and cannot find any reference to an auto-skin script, so I believe that you are speaking out of you A**E :)

Upvote 0

I hate assured fools, Who think that they know everything.

If you don't know for sure, if your information is correct, It is better to keep quiet.

P.S.
IF you are so stupid and just saying - its impossible, but its not!!!! I will explain you - This script stores information of bones - weights,etc, that where skinned to the mesh, so this information can be added to any new bone(Like Biped)!! Get it ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P.S.
IF you are so stupid and just saying - its impossible, but its not!!!! - This script stores information of simple bones weights,etc, that where skinned to the mesh, so this information can be added to any new bone!! Get it ?

sounds cool

but there is so many variables

what if i wanted a monster with 3 arms instead of just 2?

what if there are clothes around the bone and mesh area and i didnt want clipping to occur

i am assuming thta if it does work, it only works on a basic level, you would then have to tweak the model where the automatic script went wrong?

can you share it to us? would be awesome to understand what your talking about by getting our hands on it

at least make a video if your going to be so secretive about releasing it to the modding communities for game design?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sounds cool

but there is so many variables

what if i wanted a monster with 3 arms instead of just 2?

what if there are clothes around the bone and i didnt want clipping to occur

i am assuming thta if it does work, it only works on a basic level, you would then have to tweak the model where automatic script went wrong?

can you share it to us? would be awesome to understand what your talking about by getting our hands on it
Damn.... Look how works Biped system, its not Script problem!
The biped system won't work with "Third-Party" Bones, I Don't know for sure if this is fixible, but maybe if you create some helpers instead of bones that are not part of a biped system, but a part of simple bones(for Ex Wrist_Effector) its possibly will work.

Upvote 0
Damn.... Look how works Biped system, its not Script problem!
The biped system won't work with "Third-Party" Bones, I Don't know for sure if this is fixible, but maybe if you create some helpers instead of bones that are not part of a biped system, but a part of simple bones(for Ex Wrist_Effector) its possibly will work.

i dont think your understanding my questions, and possilbly getting lost in translation what your telling us, no offence

Upvote 0
Offcourse the skin takes the envelopes with them if you copy it to another mesh. It doesnt make the envelopes accurate though. Look at your characters feet and then look at the biped feet.

Reason why im assured is because Ive been creating/modelling for 7 years now. And looking at your biped figure, you clearly have not. But im not here to brag about my skills, something you did quite often. I tried to help you, and you called me a fool....how nice.

The difference between my posts and yours is that I try to explain what im making/doing so I can try and help others, you are still referring to a script we still havent seen. Post a link to it, I want to see it now.

Upvote 0
The reason why this Biped looks Wrong, is in original Bones and in pose that i've didn't changed to FBX Bones, Plus the Pose.
But Anyway deformation went Quite well.

you are still referring to a script we still havent seen. Post a link to it, I want to see it now.

You are blind like all of you here, You are looking at UnActorX like at thing that is just importing mesh and animation ?? But its not all of it features, if you've only looked further, You'd discovered many new in work of this script.

Last edited:
Upvote 0