• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Everyone loves a good debate... PC Gamer Article

What I learned in this discussion is that Tripwire is following a new community, not anymore the glorious and huge Ostfront community. So, why you're lose your time to complain?

"Your Tripwire" is dead, so play other game from other companies. Why you're post in this forum?Seriously, I'm really curious.

A new product from tripwire will be launch, I hope, shortly, but in this situation team can't post in this forum because they lost enthusiasm to speak with community. Did you read what Gibson said?Within the team they discourage to deliver new content for Red Orchestra2, everything they do is not good.

So, go away, follow other games, spend better your time.

So, why you here?It's just like trolling.

Upvote 0
What I learned in this discussion is that Tripwire is following a new community, not anymore the glorious and huge Ostfront community. So, why you're lose your time to complain?

Glorious yes. Huge? Not so much :D:IS2:

I agree with your statements though. I know I might even be coming off as a hypocrite for this but the whole "muh RO1" stuff is getting silly. Stop comparing, please.

Any other complaints are fine with me though.

Upvote 0
I can't believe how inbred this community is. I'm really feeling bad for TWI folks when reading this thread.

It seems to me that the "loyal" ROOST players who got pissed off by HOS are much like CoD players. They've wanted TWI to release the same game over again like Activision is doing. Then they realized it was completely new game and didn't master it from day one.

Please, stop talking like if you knew what what I or others really wanted.

I was looking for Red Orchestra, not a new game. This is a game that features more or less the same style, elements, and features as RO1 did. It is a game that would have been improved from RO1s position, not watered down.

Just look at arma. It have existed for over a decade and BIS arma games always improve without comprimising the previous game.

Upvote 0
The point of the article was that COD ruins the way majority of players think a military shooter game should be played. In other words, if it doesn't play like the vastly popular COD series, it is somehow second rate because they are somehow COD lemmings. John is commenting and complaining about it.

The (somewhat) irony, is that there are features in ROHOS that are meant to cater to the COD crowd and draw them in (not so successfully).

At some point in the article, John commented several times about that and a few other things.

----------------------------

The last few pages of the discussion the topic again wandered off and got bogged down into the usual post release discussion that has been going on.

Copy and paste this into a new topic in a few months...

Upvote 0
36254759.jpg

This had to be done and I'm finished with this thread. Retreating to my hate filled basement, waiting for the next inevitable John Gibson classic and the ensuing damage control.

Somebody wrote he could have more in common with John Romero, I agree.

Upvote 0
The point of the article was that COD ruins the way majority of players think a military shooter game should be played. In other words, if it doesn't play like the vastly popular COD series, it is somehow second rate because they are somehow COD lemmings. John is commenting and complaining about it.

The (somewhat) irony, is that there are features in ROHOS that are meant to cater to the COD crowd and draw them in (not so successfully).

At some point in the article, John commented several times about that and a few other things.

----------------------------

The last few pages of the discussion the topic again wandered off and got bogged down into the usual post release discussion that has been going on.

Copy and paste this into a new topic in a few months...

Finally a post which reflects the true point of the article.
And to be honest what sane company would not try to muscle in on a franchise that sells a billion copies?
The knashing of teeth and bemoaning of development decisions made by TWI over the direction of RO2 are at this juncture in the games life totally irrelevant.
Yes mistakes were made, yes the game did not please a few in the community.
Unfortunately that is life and life has a habit of upsetting your plans and your dreams.

On the flip side TWI have improved the game and unlike many other developers with a game of similar type and age, have not simply walked away.
Although some would argue differently.
The truth is they are still patching, still trying to iron out bugs and still trying to add and encourage new content and still listening to the community.
And just because your ideas are not implemented does not mean they did not look at it.
Because ideas are like arsholes, everyone's got one and everyone thinks theirs does not stink.
Although that does conjure up some horrible images of the TWI devs wading through an awful lot of crap..lol
RO2 is for good or bad their game and the choices people have are either to step onboard and continue to help them improve the game or step away and find something that is a great deal more rewarding than wasting your time moaning about a game you no longer wish to play.
Although it appears for some that is in itself reward..lol

Upvote 0
Glorious yes. Huge? Not so much :D:IS2:

I agree with your statements though. I know I might even be coming off as a hypocrite for this but the whole "muh RO1" stuff is getting silly. Stop comparing, please.

Any other complaints are fine with me though.

Well RO2 is, you know, the sequel to RO1 it's a logical thing to compare 2 entries of the same series. I cannot speak for others but I wait for an iteration in a sequel not for a turn.

"Your Tripwire" is dead, so play other game from other companies. Why you're post in this forum?Seriously, I'm really curious.

A new product from tripwire will be launch, I hope, shortly, but in this situation team can't post in this forum because they lost enthusiasm to speak with community. Did you read what Gibson said?Within the team they discourage to deliver new content for Red Orchestra2, everything they do is not good.

So, go away, follow other games, spend better your time.

So, why you here?It's just like trolling.

So now you're trying to shove people off "your" forum?
Thought it was supposed to be a community and embrace all kinds of mindset... I know for sure it once was.

Upvote 0
Please, stop talking like if you knew what what I or others really wanted.

I was looking for Red Orchestra, not a new game. This is a game that features more or less the same style, elements, and features as RO1 did. It is a game that would have been improved from RO1s position, not watered down.

Just look at arma. It have existed for over a decade and BIS arma games always improve without comprimising the previous game.

Amen brother. Better worded than my attempt.

Upvote 0
Red orchestra 2 would mop up the floor, with all the generic shooters, if it hadn't any leveling system. And also, if it would've had destructible environment. To be a realistic ww2 shooter, you must have a high level of destructability, just imagine, RO 2 with frostbite, would be like a dream coming true. But fair square, unless more content is added and the game doesn't fix all the bugs and glitches, it would loose support of the community.

All in all, lets look at BF 3, it has a humengous crew. Many people working together to make the game better. It is almost glitchless and bugfree, people love it because of that. Also it has a very rapid response for averting unbalancies in-game. By this i'm refering to weapons like the USAS 12, or the PANCOUR Jackhammer. They rapidly nerfed them after seeing that to many people tend to make this weapon, something sort of like a noob tube.

If I were a bilionaire, TRIPWIRE, trust me with the hand on my heart, I would've made a donation, to make Red Orchestra the game it diserves to be, like having huge amount of vehicles, with realistic interiors, or having, weapons for each map and timeline in a realistic timeset. Or making it optimised in such a way that even a poor fellow with a pentium processor could play it. It's a dream but it worths trying.

As for Call of duty. I couldn't have said it much better, I played all of them, from the beginning (there weren't too many ww2 shooters out there in that time). And I came to the conclusion, this game repeats itself, like a mod, it's the same action, but with different weapons and skins. It's purely a mod, nothing more, especially if we look at Cod 4 the first Modern Warfare, we can see similarities with it and the other titles, clearly showing out that Call of duty is a purely over-modded game. Just why didn't they release any modding tools. Did they fear that, some modding junkies would've made Call of duty 12 and stole all of their glory. Sure, money is the thing here, but also stupidity plays an important role.

If Tripwire could've made itself, available for all the players, I'm talking about the ads for the game. You can see now that World of tanks, for example has ads on all tv channels, even on National Geographic, or Discovery. That give it popularity. But more important, to make people like the game, we must take them slowly, like maybe adding a custom training map, ONLY for multiplayer, like the clans in Ostfront had, to train themselves for battles against other clans. Such a feature, would make the game more user friendly for new players.

Also, I want to bring into discussion, that many companies, nowadays want to release free versions of theyr old games, of course refurbished and all, but they do it in order to atract more players, to give you a hinch Age of Empires II HD, same game with a different layout. So why not do the same with Ostront, I bought the game, but it has a very small community, there aren't almost any players in-game. People either don't know of it, either don't like, but I tend to belive the first assumption.

So why not make it more available, why can't it be released as a free version, so that people would play it? Same happened to CS 1.6, it is one of the oldest fps ever made but it is still played today. Why? because of its popularity and easy features to grasp on, they hadn't any leveling system, or overpowered weapons, almost anything was equal. Just think, what impact it would have on the majority of gamers existing out there, it would instantly sprang Red orchestra 2 on top, making the majority of players see it as something worth of legend.

Upvote 0
like maybe adding a custom training map, ONLY for multiplayer

thats on the "if we can be arsed to" list :

Offline Challenges: Offline challenges such as the shooting range and assault courses let the player learn and hone their skills to perfection with all of the weapons and features in the game. Training with different challenges to achieve awards, win competitions and improve their skills the player can pit their best times/scores against the rest of the online gaming community.

Upvote 0
To be a realistic ww2 shooter, you must have a high level of destructability
Disagree. I dont think there will ever be a really good FPS that has a high level of destruction of the enviroment. You will probably drop the name of BF3 but to be honest it does not have much destruction at all. A game where you could pretty much destroy everything is maybe the wet dream of some people but to me it is more like a bad dream. Especially multiplayer FPS like Red Orchestra need to have really good maps that offer a good overall gameplay. I rather have good desgined maps where you can not destroy everything and not maps that would like the surface of the moon after 10 minutes.

You rarely see people "working together" in BF3. I am not talking about playing with friends or organized clanplay. I played BF3 for quite some time and you rarely see people playing "together" andpretty much no teamplay (which is something different).

Comparsions dont really help at all anyway. Especially if you compare RO2 with something like counterstrike. Counterstrike pretty much created and defined a genre.

Upvote 0
All in all, lets look at BF 3, it has a humengous crew. Many people working together to make the game better. It is almost glitchless and bugfree, people love it because of that. Also it has a very rapid response for averting unbalancies in-game. By this i'm refering to weapons like the USAS 12, or the PANCOUR Jackhammer. They rapidly nerfed them after seeing that to many people tend to make this weapon, something sort of like a noob tube.
Oh Really?!?
you should read this;):
[url]http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?3880-The-True-Story-of-Battlefield-3-the-Battlefield-Franchise-Its-Community-amp-EA-DICE[/URL]

its a similar battle to this one on RO2,on the BF community.about watering and dumbing down the game franchise.

Upvote 0
What I've learned by reading TWI forums

not making a sequel be exactly the same as the original in mechanics = dumbing down

I just that just comes with the territory for any group claiming to be the "true fans" It certainly was true for CS:S, SC2, BF series, basically any game that had a sequel. Even the recent Tomb Raider reboot, they tried to make things grittier and more realistic, and got bashed into the ground by the fans of the previous games.

After reading the last few pages of posts it becomes obvious the OSTfront fan base never wanted progress of any kind but merely a prettier rehash of Ostfront and that's fine and all. But expect the same stagnant community that Ostfront suffered through for most of its life time, and be aware that its the kind of underhanded money grubbing tactics that the COD series is renowned for.

So now you're trying to shove people off "your" forum?
Thought it was supposed to be a community and embrace all kinds of mindset... I know for sure it once was.

Just like you guys have been trying shove off any one who doesn't tow the "OSTFRONT MASTERACE" line since release? Not even off the forums, but off the game it self. And yes it is a forum that embraces all opinions and ideas, but be aware that when you explicitly claim over and over that you hate the game, think TWI are evil, and give up on the game saying its not worth it to continue and encourage others to do the same - that people might not take you seriously when you come back keep posting the same drivel you post before hand.

and also notice how this thread is literally more than half consisted of one line posts bashing TWI, and no has been reprimanded at all. Gibson even came here and personally responded. Don't see where your going with the whole "no free speech" sctick

Last edited:
Upvote 0
....After reading the last few pages of posts it becomes obvious the OSTfront fan base never wanted progress of any kind but merely a prettier rehash of Ostfront and that's fine and all. But expect the same stagnant community that Ostfront suffered through for most of its life time, and be aware that its the kind of underhanded money grubbing tactics that the COD series is renowned for.

Not true. Some I'm sure but I would guess most wanted some sort of progress.

Upvote 0
Not true. Some I'm sure but I would guess most wanted some sort of progress.

I'm sorry to lump you in with the rest Moe, but honestly the most vocal of the Ostfront fan base (especially in this thread) have said otherwise. However, the honesty is a nice change of pace from the massive denial of " lol noooo we dont want a reskinned ostfront, you dont understand us omg"

Upvote 0
I don't think anyone wants a reskinned RO1. No idea where you are getting it from.

The core community not being happy with aspects of RO2 does not equal them wanting a reskinned RO1.

It's a pitty this misconception exists, and more so that it seems to exist, to some degree at least, in the minds of TWI devs as well (see Classic).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lets not look at BF3 at all !

It makes no difference if BF3 can fart wonders or S*** Miracles as we not playing BF3 so discussing what it can or cant do is irrelevant

Whats does matter is how and what happens with RO2 - I like many am an RO1 player and RO2 doesn't have the same hold RO1 did, thats not to say it's a bad game just different and I'm warming to it bit by bit, true it has bugs what game doesn't have bugs & gliches certainly not BF3 as a lot of my clan play that and theres always post on someone exploiting some glich or bug

And as many have already said beating the horse about launch has been done, Ok so TWI haven't managed to deliver all that was promised - ie campain & extra tanks more vehicles would have been nice, but the community project on this is still going strong and i hope we'll see some results soon & I'm optomistic that we will

The custom maps that are appearing are of high quality and playabilty so this will help stop the game stagnating & we may get some more info on RS as GDC starts soon.

So there's lots to be possitive about, I'm looking to the future of RO2 with an open mind hoping that RS will close some of the gaps between some of the factions on these forums and get us all back in the same boat, Yosh said there will be some bug fixes with the RS release so thats another possitive step & in my mind an even bigger step is the fact that we are seeing devs posting on the forums again

I cant help feeling that the lowering of RO learning structure and the more arcady feel of the game is what put many RO vets off

those that are negative about RO2 are entitled to their opions you may not agree but they still have the right to hold them - and telling them to go elsewhere is nether possitive or helpfull

Upvote 0