• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] Euro 2012

The cheating won't start properly until Spain plays although Neuer just gave it a go :)

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_biscuitsshakey.gif

Upvote 0
Hahaa, great pic :p

Regarding the penalty with the Danish goalie.. the first thing the Dutchies foot hits is the ball, the ball goes off his foot right into the goalies face, then his follow through clearly hits the goalies arm. I don't see how this is a foul, but whatever, that isn't why they lost. Orange was having real problems passing the ball in the red zone and this is why they lost imo. The Danes played really well. Good game, good game :cool:

Upvote 0
Football is a sport for men who like to dance around a pitch in knee high socks, collapsing in agony when someone taps them on their shoulder and play for ninety minuites. Then they get matches that end in 0 - 0!

Mmmm, mmm, mmmm. Love me some knee highs :)

I am actually very pleasantly surprised that Russia is doing as well as they are, gotta cheer for the home team right? I wish the fans would show a little more respect though, but i can't exactly say we are known as the most....pertinent...people, unfortunately.

Doubt they can go as far as the finals though, has never happened, I'm putting my money on Spain or Germany. Croatia is making me worry though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man, the Ukrainians have a serious case of the flops. They should really get themselves checked out. The poor guys are so flimsy, it seems they all suffer from anemia :rolleyes:.
Didn't see anything too bad, no blatant diving, there was at least some contact every time. Once or twice they maybe spent a little bit too much time on the ground, but if you're ahead and there are only a few minutes to play, any team would do that.

Tho of course, in the eyes of any Swedish fan, it probably looked a lot worse.

Anyway, as a Shevchenko fan, I couldn't be more happy. Great to see the old man still has what it takes.

That said, I hope both Sweden and Ukraine advance from group D.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm not a Swedish fan, I'm a sports fan.. and when a guy is brushed up against and then rolls around on the floor with the most excruciating look on his face like his leg was just amputated - that's outside of the sport. Ukraine was doing that throughout the game.

Sorry for bringing American style football, Rugby, Hockey etc. into this but my god.. just look at some of the hits those guys take and they just get right up and keep playing. Your leg touches another guys leg in soccer and you might as well bring out the stretcher. There should be rules against that sort of faking. Seriously, it damages the integrity and watchability of the sport. For once I'd like to watch a footie game from beginning to end where someone doesnt try to squeeze a card out of the ref by acting like an idiot :rolleyes:.

Anyway, GG Ukraine.

Yeah, what was with the guy in the black mask?

Upvote 0