• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Why not join the Mare Nostrum mod so you can than have Mare Nostrum: Afrikfeldzug 40-43, Mare Nostrum: Campagna Italiana 43-44 and perhaps a new campaign called Mare Nostrum: Fortress Europe 44-45. This way you cover the entire western front with one huge mod. This will than not only include Normandy but the end of the war as well, which would be the final march to Germany.

Upvote 0
Also because it would mean the project leads of one or the other mod sacrificing all the work they have done in building a team and a project by simply handing over the keys to the other mod's leads.

It might also mean integrating completely different work ethos - causing one group of contributors, or even both, to become less productive.

Upvote 0
Working on both MN and DH i often find that i can concentrate one mod work for 1 in 1 week and another in the next, while it mite seem more productive to have one "super" team working on one mod in reality what often happens is one department will do a lot of work while another gets stuck on a issue and back log builds up, when this occurs its always nice to have other projects on which you can keep your skills sharp. I would also like to point out for at least initial releases DH's scope is much smaller than MN's.

Upvote 0
Agree with Nestor, Also we are not in direct competion with esch other and are actually helping each others mods were we can,

The community is not big enough for us not to be. so being seperate does not mean we do not share anything or cannot get along together like in other gaming communities.

If you are already working together, it than makes even more sense to combine to make one mod that covers the entire western front. All in all it becomes better for the mod teams and better for the community as we than won't have to deal with getting two mods but one unified mod. It was a great idea when CI and BS combined, so it would also be a great idea if this campaign was integrated as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you are already working together, it than makes even more sense to combine to make one mod that covers the entire western front. All in all it becomes better for the mod teams and better for the community as we than won't have to deal with getting two mods but one unified mod. It was a great idea when CI and BS combined, so it would also be a great idea if this campaign was integrated as well.

Working together in 2 seperate mods, is not the same as working together in one mod covering 3 fronts.

things would get to complicated and you will find that one mod/area somehow gets things done faster than other areas. This is then when people start falling out and things can get broken up and not finished.

I personaly think having 2 seperate teams, will work out better for each Mod. As they can concentrate all their efforts into the one direction.

Upvote 0
Another weapon added to the arsenal :D I introduce you the Bad boy M1911 colt 45 pistol . . .

mediapageform1919a4coltqy4.jpg

Upvote 0