• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour 3.0 out Tonight!

well, you diddnt disagree with me, you basically directly attacked me, wich isnt really nice

but anyways i was thinking of this: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/pc-game/play-with-the-teletubbies/[url]http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/pc-game/play-with-the-teletubbies/[/URL]

:D

You know, I was thinking about that because my sisters played it when they were (a lot) younger. We still have the disc. :eek:

Anyway, enough of that...

While I can see some of the merits in what Lemon has to say, I think what bugs me most from the gameplay design perspective are the Panzerschrecks. I enjoy playing tank hunter (since I load before everyone else, heh) but it is excruciatingly painful trying to get people to give me ammo. Perhaps it would not be so bad were there resupply dumps behind the lines that I could fall back to -- it might be more efficient than waiting for one of four people next to me to realize that I am asking for ammo and there is white text underneath my name. In the time that I waste asking for ammo, I am usually killed. I might be better off just killing myself and coming back with one rocket. Yes, I know it is supposed to encourage teamplay, but when the team doesn't consist of teamplayers it becomes a problem. It's also neat how anti-tank soldiers are able to consistently violate Conservation of Mass: I knew the Germans were advanced in technology but wow!

Upvote 0
me aswell, never had problems getting resupplied. eiter with rockets, mg's or even bren, i usually don't even need to ask.
i do think the quality in gameplay goes down substantially when playing on american servers with mostly american pubbers.
maybe thats just an impression,but that community was much smaller before, and is now made of mostly beginners who don't seem as open to changes as the average euro player

Upvote 0
I think the bazooka/shreck gameplay mechanic is great. Only there are too many bugs with it. Sometimes after being given ammo and loaded my ammo counter will go to 0, but I found out when you drop your weapon and pick it up you will have a round you can load.

MG's also have a bug similiar to the stock RO setup bug where mgs will fire blanks, but it seems to happen much more often.

Upvote 0
I have this problem with MG's, one thing that seems to make it happen is if you get setup in a window and then move left or right (a/d) it moves your mg and then you suddenly can not hit anything with it, you can shoot point blank at someone and nothing. You have to take it off and reset it, just can't move (Not aim, but as in physically move left/right or strafe while it's setup).

Upvote 0
I have this problem with MG's, one thing that seems to make it happen is if you get setup in a window and then move left or right (a/d) it moves your mg and then you suddenly can not hit anything with it, you can shoot point blank at someone and nothing. You have to take it off and reset it, just can't move (Not aim, but as in physically move left/right or strafe while it's setup).
I've had the same thing.

Upvote 0

I've had the same thing.

That is an RO bug that have been around since the release, but incredibly never fixed. Not DH's fault.

Upvote 0
Map fix released.

***MAP FIXES***

- BOIS JACQUES: Reinforcements decreased

- BRECOURT: Increased Axis riflemen to unlimited; put collision on trees in axis field; added 50 Allied reinforcements

- CARENTAN: Closed off many windows overlooking the river, put trees in front of others; Set 1st allied minevolume to be deactivated only when both of the first objectives are taken; Moved minevolume to prevent spawncamping over the river; fixed terrain texture under the wheat; reinforcements cut to c.100 per side

- FOY: 30% off reinforcements for both sides

- GINKEL HEATH: Fixed the bug that makes only the furthest C47 from the objectives spawn allied paratroopers; Added objects under flightpath for allies to rest on; Increased area of first 2 cap zones;moved minefields to decrease camping opportunities for Germans and remove insta-kill for allies; reinf levels for both sides drastically cut; added craters for cover North of the trenches so allies can approach woods

- HILL 108: Removed floating meshes over west of map

- JUNO BEACH: Optimisation work - BSP and anti-portal put under main hill; A3 teleport bug fixed; right side of map (as allied see it) opened up; Moved Minefields back behind fences to prevent spontaneous combustion of defenders; Train station walls can now be blown with Panzerschreck as well as tank shells; Fixed BSP hole in first shop door behind Beach House

- RAIDS: A bit of terrain ironing; Cut reinforcements by 60%

- STOUMONT: Cut reinforcements to 400 on both sides

- VIEUX: Net optimisation work across primary axis of play; Panzerfaust and satchel pickups changed to DH ones so players can switch weapons; Vehicle spawns put safely behind BSP

- WACHT AM RHEIN: Put BSP under hills to increase net optimisation; Set AT guns so that only 1 gun spawns in each of the 4 groups; Increased BSP in forests and walls to further optimise the map; fixed allied AT 2nd spawn being seperated from rest of group when B2 falls; removed half of transport vehicles

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra needs a Tiger II GH rules:D
jpg.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is that why hardl any servers are showing up for me now?

It updated DH/RO and now i onl see like 4 servers.

Also if I try to join one it wants to download the maps (IE the maps I know I had, like Hill, juno beach, etc).

has your steam updated your game when you wanted to start? if not, restart steam and see again.
a nother problem could be that those servers aran't updated yet.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0