• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Map White List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek, how long will we have to wait before a map becomes white after submission to yourselves by the author? And what happens if real life takes you over. Will everything grind to a halt?

I wanted to directly answer this question..because I think it is a very relevant one to our cause...

GUSONE, While I cannot guarantee I will see every map directly after it's submitted, and I also cannot guarantee every map will make the whitelist, what I CAN guarantee is that I will treat every submission with the same reverence concerning getting it on the list, and available for public download
"IF" it meets TW's requirements for whitelisting.

TW has not made clear those requirements, but working closely with them I've determined that two things are very important. the rest is submissive.

1. Z.E.D.s HAVE TO BE ABLE to reach you, ALWAYS.
2. Maps CANNOT HAVE Exploits, Secrets, Game-altering triggers, perk padding additions etc.

these 2 things are what I personally will be looking for.. and if I do NOT see them, your map is a candidate for the WhiteList. If I DO see them, depending on how MAJOR the changes must be, or if it's obvious or not that it's just a leveling map, or meant to "slip" through the whitelist, I will do my best to contact the Author, and respectfully request that said changes be made to make the map acceptable for the KF community.

this only means that if it's an obvious leveling map, I will just delete it and not bother wasting mine TW's or the community's time.

BUT if it's a problem or even a list of problems that were obvious mistakes, oversights, or even friendly suggestions.. I will take my time to attempt to communicate with all author's submissions to find an amicable solution because I'm a gamer too! and it's in everyone's best interest to have as wide of a selection of Custom Maps available for KF possible!

I hope this helps to answer your question, sir. if not, you can ALWAYS contact me Via-my site and a pm, or even my personal email at [email protected] and I'll be happy to open a dialogue with you!:)

...Derek...

Upvote 0
GOOD NEWS!!!

I just finished configuring our site to accept uploads and submissions for MAP WHITELISTING!!!!

you can find this in our regular FORUMS section of our site under the [LT][TW] Collaboration section!! just follow instructions there!!!

you DO need to be a registered member, as this helps us keep track of who's who and what maps are with what author etc.

IF YOU ARE NOT THE AUTHOR OF THE MAP please let us know that you are not...and in the same vein if you ARE the original author, let us know!!

also the download sections are available, just without any files...but the structure is set...by Monday I should have the majority of Maps ready for download.. INCLUDING their support files if needed, in separate .RAR files!:)

thanks to the people whom have helped by posting links of their map collections etc. as well as the peeps that have given Ideas

GO CHECK OUT www.ludustempus.com and you can start submitting maps NOW!!!

By Monday (july 20th) there will be some available downloads. hopefully a VAST majority of the whitelisted ones as well as I'll be adding downloads daily.

I will say this.. SOON we will have an ADMINISTRATOR SECTION of our site, for KF server admins, and owners to hob-knob in, discuss Ideas, problems with KF or even little Tricks of the trade etc. I'll be putting this section up soon. This is an [LT] Exclusive Idea which has nothing to do with Tripwire, but just an Idea of my own to help us community admins stick together! this could be fun. CHEERS!

...Derek...

Upvote 0
IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT FAIR TO THOSE OF US WHOM WORK HARD AND FAIR TO EARN OUR PERKS FOR YOU PADDERS TO EXPLOIT THE SYSTEM AND USE NO SKILL AND NO WORK TO GAIN YOURS. THIS IS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE TO US, THEREFORE MAKE "NO" MISTAKE PERK LEVELING IS CHEATING!!!

This argument contains two fallacies:

1. Levelling up perks is not "work". If you flip burgers to earn the $20 to buy the game, and someone else downloads it without paying, then you can rightly be outraged that you put in hard work to obtain something for which someone else did not have to "work".

If you spend 10 hours welding and unwelding a door with a clot trapped on the other side, healing your AFK buddy while he's slowly being hit by a crawler, or knifing your way through the first wave then restarting, this might also be considered "work". But if you play as the game intended, you are having fun killing stuff while your perks are levelling naturally, and do not even look at them except every once in a while and when you are close to the next level. This is not "work".

In fact, I would say that playing to level 5 on a levelling map is more "work" than doing so on a real map, for the reason that it's incredibly tedious, and isn't all that much quicker. Would you rather spend 5-10 hours shooting sitting ducks, or 15-30 hours playing a real game? (By my estimate, this is about how long it takes to get one class to level 5.)

2. Other players cheating does not disadvantage you. The multiplayer portion of the game is entirely cooperative. There is no persistent loot to show off. There is no ranking system. How exactly does it affect your gameplay if someone else cheats?

Perhaps it annoys you when a level 5 with no skill in his chosen class joins your game. Even ignoring the very pertinent question of "why would it be better if this player were level 0 instead?", how does the whitelist even enforce this? Perk levels were never a measure of skill; they only measure playing time. Anyone who wants to get to level 5 without needing skill can just farm easy mode. It takes a lot of time, but so does using a levelling map. If you want instant level 5, all you have to do is pull out a memory editor.

The people who maintain a piece of software are obviously the ones who decide what to do with it. They're well-justified in trying to reduce cheating, but when the anti-cheating measures inconvenience the honest players much more than the cheating ever did, then "what's the point?" is a very reasonable question for players to be asking.

And while we're at it, levelling maps actually have a legitimate use - testing game mechanics. For example, I used KF-Leveling to test how the damage XP system worked (overkilling something doesn't give extra XP, headshot kills give the same XP as non-headshot kills, decapitations that don't kill give less XP, but the now-headless zombie can still have more damage XP obtained from it until it dies). A more dedicated player might use one to test whether the stated perk effects are correct (for example, Diablo II is notorious for its Lying Character Screen, due to people who did such tests using modded versions of the game).

Upvote 0
The people who maintain a piece of software are obviously the ones who decide what to do with it. They're well-justified in trying to reduce cheating, but when the anti-cheating measures inconvenience the honest players much more than the cheating ever did, then "what's the point?" is a very reasonable question for players to be asking.

Not to start a flame war, but your argument also contains a fallacy: "the anti-cheating measures inconvenience the honest players much more than the cheating ever did". The only minor inconvenience is that map developers may have to request their map to get White Listed, but often times they don't even have to do that, because we are actively seeking out new maps for the list. Other than that, just about every map available for play is White Listed, except the leveling maps.

Upvote 0
I've decided the best way to answer to your post is to say this.

Cheating is cheating. any unfair advantage over another human being as a player, regardless if it's a coop game or not, is cheating. your comment of how Leveling maps are good for testing.. yes. EMPHASIS on the word TESTING. they're not good for a live multi-player environment, so that's what the white list is for. Wanna use those perk leveling maps? good. do it on your private server, or from my standpoint, for Admin purposes etc. But not for public exhibition. In my opinion, you're only using semantics to support the cheating/perk padding side of an argument, and I cannot agree with anything you're saying except one thing.
The people who maintain a piece of software are obviously the ones who decide what to do with it.
This is true. "we" US the KF community and admins whom pay for the servers to host, pay for the game just like you, and do all the work of uploading maps, and getting servers running for you to be able to play on, etc. are the ones maintaining just as much as the creators of the game in all fairness. So the FACT is, Cheating DIRECTLY affects us because we have to babysit our own servers to kick and ban cheaters which takes time away from us making our servers fun and friendly to play on. At the same time I respect your opinion, only because you have a right to voice and have it, but in the same vein CHEATING IS CHEATING, Regardless of the game type. I would never intend to offend anyone, or start any flame wars on this Site because I'm very respectful of TW and the communities they serve as a whole. So don't take this as a personal attack, but more a factual statement of truth regarding your post, which is nothing more than an argument for the cheating and exploiting side of things in my opinion.

Have a nice day:)

...Derek...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I liked the Grid map as it's gonna get ugly later on in the later levels.. nice Killing Fest:) now the second one Pyramid. I wasn't able to successfully download it to check it out.. when I click "download" it just gives me info and does not DL the map as there is no download "mirror" added. but just the example text. sorry:(

...Derek..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh By the way sticking on topic.. we have a SLEW of white listed maps available for download now on our site at www.ludustempus.com please just complete the free registration, and go to the download section and you will see the individual downloads of each whitelisted map. we only have around 70 right now but soon will have ALL the whitelisted CURRENT maps available.

when we get close to having them all individually ready to download, we'll start making map-packs etc.

this is very important ;

IF YOU HAVE A MAP THAT'S ON THE WHITELIST BUT DO NOT SEE IT IN OUR DOWNLOAD SECTION, PLEASE HELP US OUT BY SENDING A PM TO ME OR POSTING IN OUR KILLING FLOOR SECTION OF THE FORUMS A LINK TO THE MAP FOR WHERE TO FIND IT FOR DOWNLOAD. PLEASE BE SURE IT'S THE WHITE LISTED VERSION THANKS!

If anyone else wants to help us out in finding all the maps.. please inquire at our site, or here: ) At Ludus Tempus we appreciate our communities support in helping the KF MOD/MAP community flourish!!:)

...Derek...

Upvote 0
I liked the Grid map as it's gonna get ugly later on in the later levels.. nice Killing Fest:) now the second one Pyramid. I wasn't able to successfully download it to check it out.. when I click "download" it just gives me info and does not DL the map as there is no download "mirror" added. but just the example text. sorry:(

...Derek..

Okay thanks, both links should work now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not to start a flame war, but your argument also contains a fallacy: "the anti-cheating measures inconvenience the honest players much more than the cheating ever did". The only minor inconvenience is that map developers may have to request their map to get White Listed, but often times they don't even have to do that, because we are actively seeking out new maps for the list. Other than that, just about every map available for play is White Listed, except the leveling maps.

They seem to go into hysterics by talk on a leveling map.

I think a white list is TW policy.
TW says that use on a leveling map is cheat.
TW say is also right and isn't also right.

but...

「Does the online user increase by a white list?」
I think this is everything.
When the online user decreases, it's failure.
I think so.

Postscript:
Many people aren't reading a forum.
They can't understand why a perk point isn't given.
When it can't be understood, they stop to play by a custom map.
A Japanese community is unpopular.

The answer is unnecessary.:cool:

Upvote 0
A new Map White List is now available. These are the changes to the list:

Removed:
KF-Biohazard.rom
KF-DogsCantLookUpbeta1.rom
KF-ShaunOfTheDead-beta1.rom

Added:
KF-AquaStudy-V2.rom
KF-AquaStudy-V2Fin.rom
KF-Biohazard-Ex.rom
KF-Castle_B1.rom
KF-Facility.rom
KF-Farm-Day.rom
KF-filthscross-v2.rom
KF-Hotel-beta1.rom
KF-MetroRoute.rom
KF-PubV1.rom
KF-Pyramidv1_1.rom
KF-ShaunOfTheDead-beta3.rom
KF-TheGridv1_1.rom

We will update KF-Darkroads-F and add KF-Marshes next time, as this update was already being prepped for deployment before those posts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.