• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Map White List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a simple trick for getting those maps that have been deleted from their original file hoster.

1. Fire up KF, go to Multiplayer.
  2. Search for games of any difficulty, including empty, full, VAC-unprotected and perks-disabled servers. (You might want to try this with "Perks Enabled" first lest you get an old version, but there are other reasons why perks might be disabled.)
  3. When the query's done, sort the game list by map name.
  4. Look for the map you want.
  5. Join that server as a spectator (or just join) and the map will be downloaded.

That doesn't make the map available for solo play.

Upvote 0
Just think about for Icebreaker for example. That maps is AMAZING, no-one can deny that, and yet its not even nearly as popular as Concert Hall, Doom2 or Defense. I wonder why?

It maybe looks amazing if anything.
On my server I've never seen people voluntarily "endure" that map. They maybe play a round and then whine that they want something else.
(And apparently it's also amazingly exploitable)

Upvote 0
Regardless of which group finds what exploit, if "someone" is responsible for management of the white list, then that person(s) is responsible for reporting findings to mappers. Period. Now either TWI, your group, or both are at fault. Either way, a process needs to be in place to communicate any and all findings in a timely manner to mappers or the premise for the white list is pointless.

I posted an update in this thread to let you know that the map was removed from the Whitelist and the reasoning.

Unfortunately, I did not have time to hunt down the developers of those maps to send each of them a PM to explain why their map was removed, but there was some sort of notification. I understand the desire to have a PM sent to the developers of any map that's being removed, but I am not just the Whitelist master at Tripwire, I am also the Senior Programmer and I have a full schedule of programming tasks.

My job description does not include all the extra stuff that I do with the Whitelist, including posting updates about changes to the Whitelist. Tripwire has only requested that I keep the Whitelist up-to-date, but I take the extra effort to notify everyone of what's going on because I love this game and the community surrounding it.

So, I'm sorry that a PM is not sent to every map developer to notify them of their map being removed, but there is not always time for me to do that and manage to get my programming tasks done on time without working more than the 50 hours that we already work.

Sadly, that's just the way things are. I hope After-Hourz will not take this to mean that Tripwire wronged you in anyway, we are trying the best that we can, but we only have a limited amount of resources.

Upvote 0
I posted an update in this thread to let you know that the map was removed from the Whitelist and the reasoning.

Unfortunately, I did not have time to hunt down the developers of those maps to send each of them a PM to explain why their map was removed, but there was some sort of notification. I understand the desire to have a PM sent to the developers of any map that's being removed, but I am not just the Whitelist master at Tripwire, I am also the Senior Programmer and I have a full schedule of programming tasks.

My job description does not include all the extra stuff that I do with the Whitelist, including posting updates about changes to the Whitelist. Tripwire has only requested that I keep the Whitelist up-to-date, but I take the extra effort to notify everyone of what's going on because I love this game and the community surrounding it.

So, I'm sorry that a PM is not sent to every map developer to notify them of their map being removed, but there is not always time for me to do that and manage to get my programming tasks done on time without working more than the 50 hours that we already work.

Sadly, that's just the way things are. I hope After-Hourz will not take this to mean that Tripwire wronged you in anyway, we are trying the best that we can, but we only have a limited amount of resources.
I don't think anyone is calling into question your dedication to helping the players and modding community. If I may offer a suggestion, however, perhaps when new maps are added to the whitelist, a link to the forum profile of the author who posted the whitelist request could be added also, for example:

KF-Colosseum-v0-9b by Colonel Panic

This way, people would have an easy way to contact those responsible for the development of each of the whitelisted maps. I don't mean just tripwire when they remove it either, but the various independent groups or individuals who discover the exploits could also PM the map author when reporting it, so if the map author is prudent they may have a chance to fix the problems with the map and resubmit it for whitelisting before the next update when it is removed. I think in the long run, it's not a lot more work for the guys maintaining the list, and everyone wins in the end. (I'm not suggesting you need to hunt down the authors of the maps currently in the list and add links to all of them, but if links are added as maps are added or updated in the future, it will eventually pay off). Help the community help itself.

Upvote 0
I don't think anyone is calling into question your dedication to helping the players and modding community. If I may offer a suggestion, however, perhaps when new maps are added to the whitelist, a link to the forum profile of the author who posted the whitelist request could be added also, for example:

KF-Colosseum-v0-9b by Colonel Panic

This way, people would have an easy way to contact those responsible for the development of each of the whitelisted maps. I don't mean just tripwire when they remove it either, but the various independent groups or individuals who discover the exploits could also PM the map author when reporting it, so if the map author is prudent they may have a chance to fix the problems with the map and resubmit it for whitelisting before the next update when it is removed. I think in the long run, it's not a lot more work for the guys maintaining the list, and everyone wins in the end. (I'm not suggesting you need to hunt down the authors of the maps currently in the list and add links to all of them, but if links are added as maps are added or updated in the future, it will eventually pay off). Help the community help itself.
I am working on that buddy. Should be done tongiht gmt-4

Upvote 0
I have now updated the links to point to BartBear's Killing Floor downloads where available. If waccracker didn't run his mouth so much, we wouldn't have had to go through all this =P

I still have the most complete list, that is until someone uses my post to make their own repository, if you actually checked some of those links, you'll find that most of them are down, too.

The ones that are on file sharing sites like rapidshare and megaupload don't last long if they aren't in premium accounts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have two questions that my friend and I are currently experience issues with:

1) Are all of the maps listed in this White List thread still White Listed? We've downloaded numerous maps from this list and are finding about 80% unwilling to grant perk experience through play.

2) Is there an up-to-date repository of these White Listed maps that contain a few large zip files, a torrent of all maps, or even single downloads?

Upvote 0

1) Are all of the maps listed in this White List thread still White Listed? We've downloaded numerous maps from this list and are finding about 80% unwilling to grant perk experience through play.

2) Is there an up-to-date repository of these White Listed maps that contain a few large zip files, a torrent of all maps, or even single downloads?

What are the maps you played on? And there's one on modbb or something like that but it doesnt mean that all the maps are whitelisted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

This thread is old, the up-to-date thread can be found here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.