• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Map White List

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason has been understood.

Example

KillingFloor.ini

Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.rom
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Paths=../StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../Saves/*.uvx

Paths=d:/custom_maps/Maps/*.rom <- Add path

The white list doesn't check the add path.
Path of the white list is programmed by literal.
This is very bad.:eek:

Upvote 0
With the latest patch, playing solo will not allow the perks to level up. Multiplay seems to be working OK. However, the kill will not count instantaneously and the game slows down for microsecond everytime I kill the speciman. It is annoying. It seems that program is trying to "count" or calculate something in the background.

Upvote 0
The reason has been understood.

Example

KillingFloor.ini

Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.rom
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Paths=../StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../Saves/*.uvx

Paths=d:/custom_maps/Maps/*.rom <- Add path

The white list doesn't check the add path.
Path of the white list is programmed by literal.
This is very bad.:eek:

There are alot of opinions on what's good and bad. Please let me say that I was one of the LARGEST opposing people to this whitelist ordeal, including the whitelist for mutators before the map-white list was created. for the same exact reasons you've stated, and a few of my own as well.

I will just say that TW is working VERY hard for the community to make sure this game is clean, fair and fun for everyone. that's the entire purpose. THEY CREATED THE PERK LEVELING. there was NO WAY to level your perks in the MOD....I have to say let TW mandate this feature the way they want to as it's what they created in the retail version.

If this were a part of the mod, and they "took it away from us" then I'd be opposed. but that's not the case.

if you want to make custom maps and NOT use the whitelist and exploit and allow your server(s) to be a padding server for perks, which is the same as cheating, then please, use the mutator called "perksreplacement" that you can find in many places on the net, and have all the custom non-whitelisted maps you desire. I'm not implying that you said this, or that it's your intention, but face the facts, without the whitelist ALL our servers are subject to exactly that.. padding servers...

Here's a good point.. I used to argue that exploiting and cheats on a multiplayer game that you're only shooting bots (yes the zeds are computer controlled bots) is not cheating. the only ones suffering from the exploits are the computer controlled bots. those aren't people. so it's not unfair...then I realized.. there are people that WORK VERY HARD to level their perks the FAIR and non-exploiting way by just playing the game, and working VERY hard together as a TEAM (what this game is for, face it it's survival IE Teamwork is a must, it was that way in the MOD too, part of it's original creator's vision) so here's the bottom line.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT FAIR TO THOSE OF US WHOM WORK HARD AND FAIR TO EARN OUR PERKS FOR YOU PADDERS TO EXPLOIT THE SYSTEM AND USE NO SKILL AND NO WORK TO GAIN YOURS. THIS IS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE TO US, THEREFORE MAKE "NO" MISTAKE PERK LEVELING IS CHEATING!!!

The whitelist helps keep cheaters and nOObs that don't wanna work for their perks at bay. I'm glad to be part of it now that I understand TW's reasoning behind it, I actually agree and fully support the POSITIVES this whitelist is bringing the gaming and mapping and modding community, as An Admin of the MOD servers and now the retail myself....I agree with TW's vision, and am also trying my best by next week to have a helpful solution to the TURN AROUND TIME for whitelisting. more details when my solution is finished.

For now may I please request all of us focus on the GREAT things TW is doing for this game..face it the MOD was absolutely DEAD we were one of the last 2...count them "2" servers left in the mod when they announced the retail coming out...now there's hundreds upon hundreds of servers.. we're blessed to be #16/18 steadilly because we like to use challenging maps that require teamwork tactics and thought...not standing around shooting ai all day with no skill required. The entire reason for the whitelist is to filter out those servers and maps that are just exploit and padding fests. if you wanna cheat, go play Nintendo:)

Thanks for reading. and [TW] thanks a SH@*(#@(#*@load for your awesome version of Alex and Marco's vision by adding your own!

...Derek...

Formerly known as Seal{SP} of Seal's Place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The meaning of the white list can be understood.
But it's lacking in preparations.

Before it's released, please debug.
It's quality control that I want to say.

'Paths Command' and 'Solo play', Is it cheat ?
Please learn not the cheat but the quality control from Nintendo.

I'm sorry in poor English.:)

Upvote 0
your English is fine.:) I just appreciate you sharing your opinion with me without being belligerent (mean) about it. that I respect and I will say this...

I'll let Tripwire speak for themselves, but I can say that this whitelist is a new implementation of a good Idea.. face it.. NEW things take time to work out the bugs. I'd ask as an admin and clan owner myself to be patient with all of us concerning this whitelist thing. TW is all about the people and the gamers playing their products. frankly I am too!!:) I'm not part of TW officially, but I've offered to help them out as much as I can and where I can dealing with this whitelist. They have been courteous enough to give it a chance to see if it works, and if this does work, there I'm sure will be many more places to get the whitelisted maps, that make for a much more fair, and balanced team play game. If everything goes well, there will be a place to upload new maps that are not whitelisted, for TW to check and us directly, and to then turn around in the same vein, and download the ones that are whitelisted mostly for admins that want all the maps for their own servers. but available to the general public as well through minor site registration.. this is my idea...and I've shared it with TW...they might not be signing off on it yet as this will take me a few days to get started...but in turn when I'm done it will hopefully START to BOOST the MOD and KF community in major part....and hopefully other clans and/or individuals will follow suit and support the whitelist, rather than complain about it and do nothing to help it:) at least that's how I feel:) if you have issues, great..voice them as your human right:) but if you're not going to help...what's the point?:)

Nothing is perfect when you first do it.. and nothing is ever perfect in the end the most we can do as a group and community is strive for the best...this whitelist is a MAJOR part of that effort, and we should thank Tripwire for coming up with it, BASICALLY if no other reason just to keep the cheating, lazy gamers out of our community.. it's just like cleaning up certain neighborhoods and such. because that's what we all are.. a HUGE neighborhood of gamers...trying to have a good game with honor, courage, and commitment!

yes I got a litttle PR there.. but I'm Ex Navy:) I couldn't' help it. but it fits:)

I gotta get outta here before I write yet another book. thanks all for reading. I hope TW picks this up...reads it.. and realizes that one of the major little guys is in their corner, standing up for what I think is a good idea and I'm thankful for it...and I'm here for the duration:) I just hope more peeps will jump on the support wagon for TW and do the same thing:) I see alot of negative...but not enough positive here.

Relax, Reflect, RELOAD!!!

I wonder if TW needs to add another PR guy!?@ lol j/k

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And what the hell is that Derek bloke banging on about.
I think he is mis-understanding Z-MAN's complaint.

If I understand him correctly, Z-Man is complaining that the game only checks the default paths for white listed maps. Z-MAN likes to keep his custom maps in a ..custom_maps/maps/ directory. It probably makes it easier for him to keep track of his custom vs default maps.

Z-Man does have a point.....but I'm not a coder so I don't know how much trouble it would be to check all the paths for white-listed files. There are probably only a handful of people that know how to use the Path commands correctly, so it may be more trouble than its worth.

Upvote 0
I think he is mis-understanding Z-MAN's complaint.

Thank you for understanding. :)

I am executing a lot of servers(6 or 7 server).
The management work increases if PATH cannot be shared.

Now, It is necessary to update all servers at the custom map update.

The version check, the copy, and confirming....

The problem of storage occurs, too, if the custom map increases.

Upvote 0
Please remove KF-Biohazard from the white list as the versions on the list and that available for dl dont match and leveling is NOT enable on it, This i beleive was due to a version an older version of the map (same name my bad) being automatically adding to the white list on start.

I would re-submit it but I am aiming to release an updated version of this map within a few days.

So would advise anyone to just hang a dang.

Cheers filthy.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the update Filth.

mamoo, you can not obtain Achievements on Leveling maps anymore, either.

I understand Z-MAN's complaint and I will be looking into improving our support for the pathing systems.

As for what Derek was referring to, Derek and the LT clan are the official Map White List group for Tripwire. They will be taking much of the responsibility off of us because they want to help the community in this obviously complex Map White Listing process. On top of helping select maps for the White List, they will be hosting all of the officially White Listed maps. In time, he will also be setting up a submission system on his website so that the rest of the community can help the process along as well. Let me reiterate that Derek is doing this for the community, because he loves Killing Floor and the community surrounding it, and wants to do everything he can to support them both. He is taking on this responsibility willingly and free of charge.

I believe this deserves a lot of respect, as this is not going to be a quick and easy task, but actually take a whole slew of their time, which frees up a chunk of my time. And with that extra time, I will now be able to fix more things and add new content, which will also benefit Killing Floor and the community.

Thank you very much, Derek!

Upvote 0
Hi Derek, is there any link to download the [LT] maps that are included in the white list? I can't find it and I would like to have them in my servers. And also, when you release a new white list, please release one listing only the differences.
The possibility of pathing is also great and will help a lot to keep my servers with all new white listed maps. Thanks to everybody that are looking into these subjects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ahh. yes I totally misunderstood Z-man's complaint for sure. My Apologies:) This just goes to show that even after almost 2 decades of on-line interpretation, (which included the dialup BBS days) even the most text-savvy of us can make mistakes:) and Z-man does raise a good question in "said point" in my opinion, however the file structure embedded in the Unreal engine has been proprietary and never changed since 1998.(ONLY UT3 IS Different) This is still the same engine, just an updated and "added-to" version that TW uses for KillingFloor as the MOD itself was originally a UT2004 Total Conversion MOD the same as the original Red Orchestra total Conversion MOD which in it's retail and polished version is known as OSTFRONT 4145. Creating the ability to use multiple Directories for Multiple maps whether custom etc. would take a complete addition, or coding mutator, or some type of time-consuming addition to the Actual GAME code itself IE the unreal engine's .EXE file and all it's content; At least that's what 3 years of Server admin experience in over 50 servers, and 5 UNREAL game engine titles, as well as other games that USE the unreal engine as well. I do know however that Xienen is a VERY ADEPT coder, and if anyone is up to the task of finding out how to do it....it's him. Right now the engine is only set up to change pathing in the .ini as you're most likely aware of. this however, is not the same as using multiple directories, as the UE is setup to only look for GAMETYPE and Associated MAPLIST FOR that specific gametype, etc.

I will have more details soon on the specifics of exactly what it is that myself and my clan are going to be doing for The current KF community and Tripwire etc. Right now I'm 600+ miles away from home on Vacation, being I have an extended family, as well as one of my own, and it is our summer here in the states:) most of my time is devoted to this at late, however [LT]'s goal is to have a "version" of our download section and a large portion of the maps available by the start of this next week; being a week from yesterday, MONDAY the 20th of July.

I hope what I've cooked up with Xienen works well because being a coder myself I plan on making some great mutators for KF..as I did in the MOD version of this game...but we'll see how this goes.

Xienen, thank you for the kind words, and your vote of confidence. as far as appreciation...our server being #16 in the world on GameTracker says it all. people like what we're doing, as a direct result of what you're doing..and that alone is cool enough for us!::) we're just um.. glad to be here you could say:)

see you in a server soon!

...Derek...
Live from Estes Park, Colorado USA:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Derek, is there any link to download the [LT] maps that are included in the white list? I can't find it and I would like to have them in my servers. And also, when you release a new white list, please release one listing only the differences.
The possibility of pathing is also great and will help a lot to keep my servers with all new white listed maps. Thanks to everybody that are looking into these subjects.

Hey Jubal.. good to hear from you. I can tell you there will not be a link, but I kinda explained that in the last post in response to my epic fail on Z-Man's post:) If you missed it, I refer specificaly to a registered users download section etc. Also, I really don't have any plans to release a whitelist with only the differences, however from what Xienen has released and emailed me, we will most likely have the "current list" and then looks like" these are the maps added since last list" type thing, or at least something similar which will make it easy for both new and experienced admins and players to the white list system determine which maps were on the last list and recently added etc. As far as what you said "...will help alot to keep my servers with all new white listed maps" that's exactly the point of me throwing out the idea of hosting the WL-maps for KF being we keep in the current list of #16-21 on the gametracker server list we like to keep our stuff up-to-date as much as possible. My efforts on behalf of TW and mostly the KF community or specifically to benefit the Community as a whole, but focus on the Admins as well from an ADMIN standpoint..in helping out as much as I "WE" can. I will be more active on these forums in days to come I'm sure as our exposure (www.ludustempus.com) becomes more apparent. I must say this in closing...

At Ludus Tempus Multi-Game Clan we do not at this time have this system implimented ...please check back MONDAY the 20th of July, and we will have SOMETHING in place for sure.. at least a beta etc. As anyone can imagine there will be alot of downloading, uploading and such and new people around our site...we need to keep track of admins and server owners as well as Gamers alike because of follow-up. In the event that any issues may arise, or questions need answered regarding what we're doing at [LT] I'm gonna want to be there to help 0ut etc. Registration on our site WILL be required, but it's free etc. just like most other "gaming" sites. Again, there will be plenty more details on this as the end of THIS week comes.

I do apologize for it taking a week or two to get this going, but as with any project that requires downloading files and uploading the same, and updating specific lists over an internet connection etc., it will take some time. however the time gained for TW and also the convenience for the KF community will hopefully turn out to be a very large positive #:)
A side note.. Forgive my horrid punctuation and sometimes terrible sentence structure:)

I'll be in touch!

...Derek...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.