• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis Discussion Thread

Crysis looks so realistic that it feels like a sin not to play it on the highest settings, AAx16 and AFx16. This game must be experienced in its full glory.

Since I still havent heard about a rig that can carry it smoothly, and even if there is one I couldnt efford it now, Im really glad Im not very hot for it. Im sure its a good game and lotsa fun but nothing I didnt played before and yet another silly plot and characters. Ill be happy to play it 3-4 years later than everybody: it will run smoothly and it will cost dirt cheap... hell, it probalbly will be free with mac'something adds- thats exactly what I did with FAr cry. :D

Upvote 0
I can assure you all this is no silly plot.

I haven't completed the game yet, but I can assure you the singleplayer is well over 20+ hours provided you play on a higher difficulty setting.

The story is very enthralling, it takes it a lot farther with twists, and various other things that make the plot unique. This isn't some beat up the koreans with super powers game. Believe me, I thought the same damn thing at first, and I was going into this thinking it was just going to be a mediocre shooter. I'm glad I was wrong.

I'm going to throw myself a bone here, and say beyond a doubt, that this game is above the level of BioShock. Arguable yes, but until you've actually played it, you won't understand.

This is a contender for game of the year, and so far on my record, it IS the game of the year.

Btw, here's some more screens:
http://phixongfx.com/img/data/media/5/epic1.jpg
http://phixongfx.com/img/data/media/5/epic_2.jpg
http://phixongfx.com/img/data/media/5/epic3.jpg
http://phixongfx.com/img/data/media/5/epic_7.jpg
http://phixongfx.com/img/data/media/5/epic_11.jpg

Upvote 0
The first 2 thirds of this game are great. Once you reach the alien section it goes downhill very fast all the way through to the end. It just turns into another crappy shooter.

Crytek need to learn not to screw their game up 1/2 way through with monsters and aliens.
I've heard the opposite. That the first half sucks compared to the second half. I'm only at the 2nd chapter though, so I've yet to really see just what all is in store.

Upvote 0
The first 2 thirds of this game are great. Once you reach the alien section it goes downhill very fast all the way through to the end. It just turns into another crappy shooter.

Crytek need to learn not to screw their game up 1/2 way through with monsters and aliens.

Dont know why ppl are so anti aliens\monsters- they are the bread and butter of video games, always were.

Is it a part of the realism obsession?.. beware, there will come a day when youll agree to play only as Charles Whitman. :(

Upvote 0
Dont know why ppl are so anti aliens\monsters- they are the bread and butter of video games, always were.

I have nothing against aliens and monsters, love the little critters infact, what i do mind, however, is how most games choose to impliment them, usually, when you see something thats not human, prepare to spend the next 2 minutes holding down the left mouse button spraying it all over with gunfire.. yawn.

Upvote 0
I already completed it in the highest dificulty setting, without crosshair, and it took me like 8 hours or so

I can say some things about this game

graphics are awesome, the storyline is great, specially the second part, all the alien stuf is the best part

the problems of this game are the stupid AI (without moving, you can cloak and they cant see you anymore and they start shooting in every direction except the one when they last saw you), the unrealistic damage system with the bullets, and that its damn short, it ends just when it gets more interesting

and I played it in the 32" HDTV that I'm provisionally using til I find a good monitor... no need to say it was awesome ^^

Upvote 0
I have nothing against aliens and monsters, love the little critters infact, what i do mind, however, is how most games choose to impliment them, usually, when you see something thats not human, prepare to spend the next 2 minutes holding down the left mouse button spraying it all over with gunfire.. yawn.

Well they do have a very thick skin you know..

In Far Cry I was much more annoyed that the troopers with the plastic shields needed whole magazines to bring down and even your launched grenades didnt get them upon direct hits. Those policemen's shields must be really awesome.

Upvote 0
the fun thing is that if you dont hit them in the face (unless they have a helmet, in that case you have to take their helmet out first), seems that the enemy can take more bullets than you and your "maximum armor", once I unloaded a whole AK magazine into someones head, the guy had a helmet and I only saw sparks, the guy didnt die until I unloaded another magazine this time to the rest of his body

and no mention the corean boss thing, the guy has a nanosuit, but he does not have anything to cover his face, well, I unloaded all the sniper rifle ammo into his face and he did not die, I had to finish him off with that excuse of an assault rifle that you have

really, would it be that dificult to make a realistic damage system? I do not think so

and yeah, about the AI, get into one of those undestructible metal cases and wait for the enemy to show up, use cloak/uncloak all the time, and pile up 30 enemies in the entrance

Upvote 0
the fun thing is that if you dont hit them in the face (unless they have a helmet, in that case you have to take their helmet out first), seems that the enemy can take more bullets than you and your "maximum armor", once I unloaded a whole AK magazine into someones head, the guy had a helmet and I only saw sparks, the guy didnt die until I unloaded another magazine this time to the rest of his body

and no mention the corean boss thing, the guy has a nanosuit, but he does not have anything to cover his face, well, I unloaded all the sniper rifle ammo into his face and he did not die, I had to finish him off with that excuse of an assault rifle that you have

really, would it be that dificult to make a realistic damage system? I do not think so

and yeah, about the AI, get into one of those undestructible metal cases and wait for the enemy to show up, use cloak/uncloak all the time, and pile up 30 enemies in the entrance

I feared it might be like this.. well, good thing its modable, i managed to get FarCry to play tres awesome with a bit of modding, so enemies went down and out with a well placed burst or a face hit, but could also really hurt you if you hweren't carefull, no doubt the same could work for Crysis.

Upvote 0
Hmm I may seem like a rabid Crysis fanboy but I think the AI is just spectacular on Delta hardness. Just unreal. Especially the sequence in the graveyard. That sh*t was nuts. I got my *** flanked so bad it hurt on a whole number of occasions.

I don't get you guys complaining about how hard it is to take down enemy soldiers. Headshots are guaranteed kills unless you hit a helmet. The toughest guys go down from a good maximum strength-steadied burst. Have you noticed some of the guys do down easier then others? Have you used the different types of ammo? Do you always use a silencer even after the alarm has been sounded? Have you snuck into a base without firing a shot and silently strangled enemy soldiers who come across you?

This is definitely one of the only games I will be replaying many many times. I loved Stalker to death, but even then I wasn't able to play through a second time due to boredom.

Upvote 0
i have to admit im loving this game but it does seem the "decide the way you play mechanic" is somewhat moot because as some one said above you literally have to empty 10-30 rounds into each guy before he dies, unless its a perfect headshot. I mean body armour or not if i shoot you in the chest from 5ft away with a 5 round burst i expect you to fall over. Thats the only little annoyance to me but like soviet said the AI is great although they are often sucky with nades (i.e. so the best way to play is cloaked with headshots being ur best bet).

favourite moment so far: There is a stationary truck in one part and i can either by pass it or kill the 5 or so guys in it and the 5 or so guys around it. I'm tired of all the stealth game play so i find some high ground and lob a nade. I time it perfectly, more by mistake than precision) and the thing explodes just before landing in the back of the truck. Killing the guys in the thing and flooring the guys around it. I throw a 2nd nade that blows up the truck now i have 4 very angry KPA on my ***. They know where i am so i dash off, losing sight of me they track to my last known position. The first guy i take out with a precision rifle, which is noisy so they again track to the sound because i keep cloaking so they don't see me.3 guys to go, again i have the high ground i pick two off with silenced shots the last guy panics and makes a run for it. I jump down put a shot into his leg with a pistol just to slow him a little, grab him with strength activated and throw him down a cliff into a river. Lol i had fun with that.

Upvote 0