• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis Discussion Thread

well its the first game ive been able to knock down buildings with bare fists in before :D.

TBH crysis is what i expected the nextgen of games to be like. The lighting, physics, texture and model quality is just superb. UE3 engine games however have nice models and lighting but that seems to be all that has been upgraded. No destructable enviroments no ground breaking gameplay features. Perhaps this is just developers not utlising it to its full or that it started development before cryengine i dunno.

Upvote 0
Really? ive played it on the hardest difficulty available and i could clearly see them, so they should be able to clearly see me, but instead i can get really close without them noticing me, even when i'm not walking in the bushes :confused:

well here I was on the hill lying flat under bushes, and the freaking boats started to shoot at me - oh noes :mad:

Upvote 0
The boats have super x-ray laser vision for some reason. You can definitely see enemies and vehicles on foot long before they can see you, but if you start firing on them they suddenly spot you. It's a little weird but maybe this changes in the full game. On the other hand the game would be wicked hard on delta if they had vision as good as yours.

Upvote 0
Shooting up a vehicle from afar with an MG and then watching it blowing up, flame and generate a thick plume of smoke,
the visual there on the beach, made me giddy thinking of a WW2 mod for it!

Whether that ever happens who knows.... other than that, the game doesn't seem to be all that fun once the novelty has worn off.

For some reason I can't run it in low/medium shader level, only high - dang I could do with some more fps. I get this half screen of white crap

Oh yeah - You get seen way to easily from afar!!!!

I get bad graphical glitches when i turn down shader detail. I am not using the Beta driver though, this may fix the problem. Assuming you have an Nvidia card.

Upvote 0