• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis Discussion Thread

Well they do have a very thick skin you know..

That would be fine, if they made something out of it! it would actually be fun if you could wound them, so they start out strong and fit, but the more you shoot them, the weaker they get, start limping, gets slow and woozy from bloodloss, can't hit you with much force anymore because their arms are shot up, stuff like that, if they did something like that, i could live with it, but they dont, enemies are either perfectly fit, or dead, no middle ground.

Nothing frustrates me as much as weak weapons in shooters, it removes any fun i might have from the game, since circle strafing around baddies and pumping magazine after magazine into them just bores me to tears, i get no enjoyment from it.

In Far Cry I was much more annoyed that the troopers with the plastic shields needed whole magazines to bring down and even your launched grenades didnt get them upon direct hits. Those policemen's shields must be really awesome.

Ohh yes, thouse guys where nothing short of horrid fail, absolutely pointless bullet sponges.. and add in that you where babysitting Val whilst fighting them, and it was just painfull!

Upvote 0
That would be fine, if they made something out of it! it would actually be fun if you could wound them, so they start out strong and fit, but the more you shoot them, the weaker they get, start limping, gets slow and woozy from bloodloss, can't hit you with much force anymore because their arms are shot up, stuff like that, if they did something like that, i could live with it, but they dont, enemies are either perfectly fit, or dead, no middle ground.

agreed 100%, its not that bad with the aliens, but with humans is just crap

Upvote 0
i played the demo, it was meh, not too impressed, but some moments were fun, and had to keep all settings on low or medium for good FPS
thinking about buying it

how well would the game run on a 8600GT, if the retail has gotten optimized?
i have avista, and i also have a 22 inch monitor, so would i have to lower the resolution? bc in demo i had it a 1680x1050 (the max)

Upvote 0
The key to Crysis is having both a fast CPU and GPU. I recently got an 8800gt and at low settings it doesn't play any better than it did with my 7600gt. The only difference is that the framerate now doesn't change much from low to high settings.

My E4500 coming in on Wednesday should make mincemeat of Crysis when OC'd to 3.0 Ghz.

Upvote 0
8800 GTX, overclocked to 630/1012.

EDIT -- Well, maybe "runs like ****" is a bit too harsh. I get 50 fps if I keep my res at 1024x768 with everything on High (this is on XP), but when I scale up to my native res of 1650x1080, I get 30fps just chlling out and about 15 in a firefight.

This is a computer that gets 800 FPS on Albatross in UT2004, Crytek engine makes me cry. :(

Upvote 0