• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Clanwar mutator : possible solution for Baksanvalley

I think we should forget the score criteria completely. It should be based on the number of objectives held, and then reinforcements. That way if the number of objectives held is tied, then it becomes about who killed more of the enemy, rather than some arbitrary point system. It's the same thing this propsed score mutie is trying to do, only it would be simpler and more direct.

If you're really bent on having draws, then make the only criteria the number of objectives held. If that is tied, then the map ends in a draw.

Upvote 0
Part of the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a concensus amongst ladders/leagues on what they want for competitive play. Draws were actually taken out at the REQUEST of a league (TWL), as was a lot of other additional work to support clanplay. I wouldn't mind making some tweaks for a clan match mode, but there needs to be a consistency as we don't want to make a different clan mode for every ladder, league, clan, etc.

Upvote 0
Part of the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a concensus amongst ladders/leagues on what they want for competitive play. Draws were actually taken out at the REQUEST of a league (TWL), as was a lot of other additional work to support clanplay. I wouldn't mind making some tweaks for a clan match mode, but there needs to be a consistency as we don't want to make a different clan mode for every ladder, league, clan, etc.

Well at least from a ClanBase pov we have already modified the rules to make it go objs-> reinforcements-> points and i think this is the general concensus amongst clans.

However i dont understand why TWL wanted draws taken out but it makes little difference as long as the win conditions are reasonable.

Upvote 0

All ladders/leagues still alive you basically thesame. TWL did ask for things but alot of rules and things they put in didn't make any sense. Thats why they never got any european following. Its as if they didnt ever play ro themselves.

Upvote 0
Great stuff Ramm I seriously hope you can put together a package that can easily be added to the webadmin and why not take a concensus of the opinion here on your forums as most clans visit them.

I would generally like see to the options made available to cater for most leagues by simply turning on or off various options on a seperate match settings page in the webadmin but thats just my opinion :)

Upvote 0

I am not sure that TWL league had some experience with competetive RO before and as I can see they do not even support RO now... have you asked ROLadder or Clanbase staff? I think that these guys can give much better info after many years of experience...

Upvote 0