• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Clanwar mutator : possible solution for Baksanvalley

EscAz

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2006
Ok, after a talk yesterday on IRC, we agreed that a mutator could solve the problem of points wh0ring on Baksanvalley to win.

The Winner on this map is :

- the team who cap all objectives
- the team that keep more objectives than the other
- the teams with more points at the end of the round

So our solution would be a mutator that can remove 3 things that are used to make points in public games but totally useless in clanwars :

- No points for a Cap (instead of 10 now)
- No points for MG ressuply (instead of 5 now)
- 1 point for a commander kill (instead of 3 now)

One more thing could be good to add is to keep the total amount of points even if someone drop. That way it would be really fair but I'm not sure it's possible to do as a mutator.

I'm not a modder and don't know if it'd be hard to do but that can be very usefull, and as TeamReady mutator it could become necessary in official clanwar for some maps like Baksanvalley or Arad.

Last edited:
Ok, after a talk yesterday on IRC, we agreed that a mutator could solve the problem of points wh0ring on Baksanvalley to win.

The Winner on this map is :

- the team who cap all objectives
- the team that keep more objectives than the other
- the teams with more points at the end of the round

So our solution would be a mutator that can remove 3 things that are used to make points in public games but totally useless in clanwars :

- No points for a Cap (instead of 10 now)
- No points for MG ressuply (instead of 5 now)
- 1 point for a commander kill (instead of 3 now)

I'm not a modder and don't know if it'd be hard to do but that can be very usefull, and as TeamReady mutator it could become necessary in official clanwar for some maps like Baksanvalley or Arad.

Please, add one other feature to it...

- Turn off Capture points completely (for Team Deathmatches & Online Practice)

Please make certain that each control has an on/off switch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i just dont see why one would want to continue to use score for deciding the winning factor =\. And manipulate it to basically represent reinforcements left. (heck on some maps you know beforehand that one team will get more kills due to the setting thats why one team or the other got more reinforcements)
I agree with Zetsumei.
This mutator would make the situation on maps like Baksan and Arad better, but what we really need is round draws back!
Why do you guys think ROladder still has scored of 2 points per round? We need the 5-3 and 7-1 scores back!
That way we would battle the cause of the problems, instead of the side-effects! (think about this one!)

Upvote 0
It seems that we have been asking for somekind of match mode for ages...Surely the Devs could look into supplying an addon to the web admin section with optiions for admins to switch their server to a match mode.

It seems this is always forgotten by Developers in almost every online FPS game even though they encourage Clans and gaming groups to take up the game.

I would love to see TW set a standard here and release something that would encourage the game to be played competitively...;)

Upvote 0