• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CD is Dead !?

CD is Dead !?

• Yes, I want to keep the old CD !

Votes: 36 34.3%
  • No, I prefer the New one !

Votes: 69 65.7%

• Total voters

1conu59

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Lille
gfa.xooit.fr
Why did you change CD-Mode ???

We work harder since more than 1 years to handle this mode and now you totaly change every subtletys of this damn good mode ! :mad::mad:

Why ??? To bring more people ? This is stupid any players who did not play this mode yesterday will play this mode tomorow !

You just penalize good players like us !

Sorry I'm gratefull for your hard work with a new map and a lot corrections of bugs but i cant accept this...

You kill a lot of thing, you kill our hopes to show what we can do and our training in CD mode to the TWILadder.

I decide to organize a petition to recover entirely the old CD.

Thanks for your comprehension

One of you Best Fan,

{G.F.A} Gordon Freeman http://gfa.xooit.fr/index.php

French Community http://www.redorchestra2.fr/

Last edited:
Seriously ?
We've just made a match between {G.F.A}, and russians lost the game at the first point without reasons when they were attacking. I was the commander of the germans and when my team was all dead, i didn't respown with the rest of my group.
We can't play like this. I'm for the changement but the community didn't want TWI to change the game mod. I' don't understand why did they change it and why do you like these changes...
And the name of this mod is "CountDown", so if the time is useless, it's not countdown anymore ! It kills the strategy of this gametype.

Upvote 0
If you didn't want changes to the mode you should have posted and participated in the beta section with your friends. There were threads asking for feedback about what would make it a better gamemode, this is the outcome.

Personally I haven't tried it yet, but I will definitely try it now and see if I agree with you. I was a big fan of CD back before it died off and there were no proper-pinged and/or populated servers to play on so yeah :|

I'll try it now though, and try explaining what you don't like about it in detail. You seem to just be rambling.

Upvote 0
If they really did remove time from consideration for victory, then I think that's a great change. Scoring on time encouraged a frantic rush that was severely at odds with its limited/no-spawn style. It's like it wanted you to play cautiously, but then penalized you for doing so.

Indeed. I actually think I would give the game mode a chance now with time limit removed. I would probably still end up being bored, because I imagine the spectating time would be even longer now, but I will give it a go.

Upvote 0
If they really did remove time from consideration for victory, then I think that's a great change. Scoring on time encouraged a frantic rush that was severely at odds with its limited/no-spawn style. It's like it wanted you to play cautiously, but then penalized you for doing so.

I don't agree, that's what the mode seemed to be predicated on. It's the strategy involved with balancing between aggression and passiveness under the pressure of time that makes the mode such a winner for competition and which lends credibility to its legitimacy.

For most serious or competitive players, the time clock gives you a good amount of time to achieve your objective and necessitates that you make effective quick decisions and thereby does the most out of the gametypes to eliminate camping. It is wonderfully dynamic, immersive and fast-paced.

If the cap clock is removed, it is conceivable that one player could stalemate a number of other players by many different ways. From the top of my head, the most annoying may be a TE no reinforcements apartments/danzig scenario where the allies are reduced to one man hiding deep behind his lines trying to take pot shots, or simply not engaging. Then the axis force would have almost no opportunity to end the match for whatever amount of time is left on the game clock. That is not a good scenario for a video game.

Furthermore, if this is not corrected, whatever plans there are for countdown in TWI Ladder, I fear they will fail quite tremendously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I have some good news for this, and for all those that agree that the urgency is a critical element to CD...

As I understand it now, the cap zone clock changed to an overall gameclock. So there is still the urgency, only it is in totality, rather than per cap.

That I can live with -- but the thought of no time pressure renders the gametype useless. PHEW!!!

Upvote 0