• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

being respectful to younger players

grayfox1840

May 29, 2012
well i guess i should start by saying that i'm 16. i love this game (even more after the patch :D) and that i'm tired of being disrespected in game just because i'm young. my most recent experience was letting a tank commander know exactly where the enemy tank was over voice chat when suddenly a couple of older guys starting yelling at me "go back to cod kid we don't want you here." i know younger kids tend to act up a bit but all i'm saying is if i'm not disrespecting you why should you disrespect me just because of my age?

I would tend to agree, but I haven't seen many younger kids. When I do they tend to be great players with good reflexes, but not so great at tactics and they tend to talk a little much. I'm talking young kids, way younger than should be playing the game (considering the violence of it). I'm won't lecture them and do what their parents should, but I will tell them to be quiet if they talk too much over the microphone. I don't blame them for being excited and talking, but it can be quite distracting.

Upvote 0
(considering the violence of it)

Hah I was playing Unreal/UT99 when I was 10ish and look how I turned out(Proceeds to beat hookers and steal their money)!:p. In all seriousness don't pay people any heed if they insult you for your age if you are just doing teamwork. They make themselves sound elitist clowns when they do, let them dig their own hole.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
Its a shame you was treated this way just because of your age.My sons 16 and I also know its not always about age its about maturity.I have seen 40 year old guys act 10 and 10 year olds act 40.

When I play I could care less about someones age as long as their playing the game and making an attempt to help the team.Its all we can really ask for do not let a few jerks keep you from playing the game.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
sorry you were treated ****ty bud, I'd stick up for you if I was there. I made a post a couple of days ago about player conduct and since then I noticed that what many responded to me with was true, the old vets that play RO2/ro1 are generally friendly and looking to expand the community. there are a couple of these "l33t" guys though that simply think this is a game about grinding for unlocks and getting the most kills ect. they are usually the ones that holler

regardless of such I will not stand for such rudeness, if you ever need a gaming buddy for RO2 I'd be happy to join you

Steam: foxtwof14

Upvote 0
my most recent experience was letting a tank commander know exactly where the enemy tank was over voice chat when suddenly a couple of older guys starting yelling at me "go back to cod kid we don't want you here."

I've got no issue with younger players online.

Provided everyone keeps the comms channel use for combat-critical communications, then everything should move along nicely.

It sounds to me like you were using the comms channel for it's intended purpose, and these other idiots were not. It is they who should not be playing the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
grayfox1840 said:
if i'm not disrespecting you why should you disrespect me just because of my age?
Because of your age.
Can you explain what you mean by that? How is age a solid reason for disrespecting a man? I'd like to see clear replay to that question as it still stands unanswered.

I've seen a lot of old people (or at least claiming that they are) who behaved like kids. I've seen kids behaving like a matured human beings. Age is nothing, because what's the most important is what you do, how you do and what intent you have in mind. If someone harras another player, because of his age then it's these people who should be kicked from the server for acting like a bunch of bullies.

Upvote 0
I've seen an almost simulare case last Saturday. Some younger person (by the sound of his voice) did use voip to point out the location of an enemy sniper. But by mistake he used public voip instead of team voip. The first reply that he got was something like "If you're to stupid to use the right key, then either shut-up or go play cod. Damn kids".

Now who was the kid and who the grown-up? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
i've always found that we have less of a problem with so-called "cod kiddies" and more of a problem with a small number of ueber arrogant, so called "mature" players who tend to see realism shooters as their natural home. Self-styled vets who think it is ok to have a go at people over voip because they assume they are better.

Upvote 0
i've always found that we have less of a problem with so-called "cod kiddies" and more of a problem with a small number of ueber arrogant, so called "mature" players who tend to see realism shooters as their natural home. Self-styled vets who think it is ok to have a go at people over voip because they assume they are better.

Hit nail on the head, they are the worst.

Upvote 0

This ^

It was even worse in Ost and not only young people anyone who was new didn't always get a warm welcome.In many ways it hurt the player base of that game which already had a steep learning curve.I just hope this doesn't become the norm in HoS for me its really immature to act this way.

As for the young players only a few are annoying by talking way too much with the mic about non game stuff(adults do this too). Some people think that all kids are like this and that's just not the case some are very mature and serious about the game.Age has nothing to do with it like I said before its about maturity.Being an adult doesn't mean you get the maturity badge its in your actions and the way you treat others.

My advice to the younger players is keep the voice chat to a minimum and only about in game things.Let your actions speak for you instead of words.In time people will see that your serious about the game and can be just as effective as any adult.

Upvote 0
I've seen some younger players on the server or who the newbie is.
Got teamkilled a couple of times and they not say sorry, instead they go braging and yelling god knows what over chat.

There is the problem is not the age is more the intellegence that comes with it.
Young people dont know how to show respect, this it not cod or bf where you can swear and do what ever you like.
It is better to act in a mature way say sorry if you teamkilled some one.
And for the love of candy don't do it on purpose.

They don't see the long drag that comes with it.
Now when I see young/new players on a server I have tendency to get angery and shout them of the server even

Upvote 0