• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

As in;

• High weapon damage
  • Suppression
  • Squad system
  • Classes
  • Gameplay(capture, destroy)
  • Gun handling
  • Map size and layout
  • Fast pace(run'n gun gameplay)
Slap in a cover system and you've got a modern RO, minus the rare guns and bugs.
The games play very differently, you know it as well as I do, not gonna argue that list point by point.

I think you're just bitter, cause RO2 turned out more run and gunny than you would have liked, but it's nowhere near as fast paced as BF3. (btw I too would prefer it to more slow paced and bolt rifle focused)

Whatever you do don't go onto those servers:
http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-beta-hacked-to-support-128-players/
You could be banned, I manged to get onto one but I am sure as hell hoping I don't get banned for it...
There will be a huge **** storm if EA starts banning Origin accounts for this. I'm sure many people unknowingly go to those servers or just don't think it's a bannable offense.

Reactions: mamoo
Upvote 0
As in, both games have guns? Other than that, I really don't see it.

They both play rather similar. Well, accept that BF3 seems to be more realistic (slower) movement speed. :p

But here are some similarities:

- People are constantly mantling over everything.
- Getting injured, popping into cover, healing and popping out again as good as new.
- A lot of running around, though players occasionally go prone.
- Overall pace of the gameplay feels very similar.
- Small inaccuracies in the weapons (PPSH, fictional "M16A3")
- Rare or out of place weapons (though BF3 is far worse in this respect).
- Reload time is the same for most weapon (magazines/clips spawn in the players hand, no time taken to pull them out of pouches).
- Quick grenade throwing button.

RO2's weapon damage is more realistic though. And the weapon mounting is far better in RO2 than BF3. It seems like it was slapped in at the last moment in BF3, but it works. BF3 also really needs lean and an RO style cover system (with no blind fire).

But when I played BF3, the first game I was reminded of was RO2. IMO, Metro Rush plays more like RO2 than BFBC2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mfoQW.png

Upvote 0
Bit OTT banning peoples accounts just because they had the curiosity to play on a 128 player server.

EA - Are we surprised?

...another issue with BF3. EA. I almost clicked on one of those servers the other day (128 players). How was I supposed to know? Another reason I will never own an Origin game aside from BF3 and ME3 (I hope this is available without it).

I think BF3 is probably allowed a little more artistic license on this given that the game is set in 2014.

Perhaps, but Russian prototype weapons being used by American soldiers? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it's much better than BC2's hit detection and allows for faster pacing, but getting shot around corners and behind cover is really irritating.

Ping advantage really comes into play with this, because the one who tells the server "I'm hitting this guy" gets the upper hand.

So a protip for you, when you feel like you're dying quickly and getting frustrated being shot around corners, it's time to switch servers because local players are just owning you.

Upvote 0
The game really needs to throw away the unlock system, IMO. Nothing like having the old players completely dominate the new players with weapons that are far more superior. :p The overall polish of the game is very poor, IMO. Like RO2, I am sure the final product will be released the same way. I doubt they will redo all of the menus and the lame excuse of a "server browser" in the next few weeks.

But for a bargain bin game, it has potential.

Upvote 0
If you read the thread that I linked that video from, someone did a test with BC2 vs BF3:
BC2 "Hit Detection" - YouTube
Notice how the damage icon pops up AFTER the guys has been hit.

BF3 "Hit Detection" - YouTube
The damage icon comes up before the guy dies. Like I dont know about yours guys but but when I play a FPS I expect my shots to kill. You need to squint that the below gif, notice before he dies he "damages" the enemy but does zero damage according to the killcam:
capture-2.gif

Unless DICE fixes this, I am not getting the game...

Upvote 0