• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 1943

Ok some new informations:

• It's not 'Battlefield 3'
  • It's a 'more accessible' remake of BF1942
  • Only three classes instead of five(Scout, Rifleman, Infantryman)
  • Full destruction, not semi-destruction like in Bad Company
  • 'Air-Raid' - a special bunker where you can call in a bomb strike(3 bombers), causes heavy damage to the area; alarm signal goes off in the marked area
  • Wake Island now is symmetric, japanese have an aircraft carrier as well = fight for the island, not attack/defend anymore
  • Auto-healing like in Call of Duty
  • Ranking system, but no unlockable weapons
  • Squads of max. 4 players, no Commander
  • No SP or LAN
  • new content only 'possible'
  • about 400MB
  • Possibly on Steam
  • 15-20

Upvote 0
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57127

Smooth...

Priced somewhere between $15 and $20, the game will pack three classes: Infantry, Riflemen, and Scout. DICE wanted to make sure that players could fight in any situation regardless of the chosen class, so each has weapons that can take down a tank.

The 24-player game will also grant players unlimited ammunition, as well as automatically regenerating health. While these steps are being taken to ensure that the game has wide appeal, they also remove the team-centric strategy of past titles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well my hopes for a "Mass-FPS" now pretty much lie on Delta Force: Angel Falls which will feature 200 player battles, and well with Joint Operations NovaLogic already showed what they're capable of.

Capable of what? Releasing a game riddled with bugs and lag? One of my favourite moments was when I was manning the M60 on a Zodiac filled with teammates. Then I opened fire on some enemies only to realise the M60 is bugged and actually just kills all your teammates on the boat instead.

Upvote 0
Capable of what? Releasing a game riddled with bugs and lag? One of my favourite moments was when I was manning the M60 on a Zodiac filled with teammates. Then I opened fire on some enemies only to realise the M60 is bugged and actually just kills all your teammates on the boat instead.

So there was a bug in a released game. That's unheard of. I played Joint Ops from the start until it became totally lame thanks to its community and it was never unplayable because of bugs or lag. Actually, it is without a doubt one of the least laggy massive multiplayer shooter games I ever played and that is taking into account it has complete bullet physics and 100+ player support.

Upvote 0
So there was a bug in a released game. That's unheard of. I played Joint Ops from the start until it became totally lame thanks to its community and it was never unplayable because of bugs or lag. Actually, it is without a doubt one of the least laggy massive multiplayer shooter games I ever played and that is taking into account it has complete bullet physics and 100+ player support.
Have to agree, 150 players and no real lag(for me at least), really not bad.
And tbh. for me JO was more about the atmosphere(if you fl

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You'd think since they're ONLY having the Japanese, they'd at least give them Japanese weapons. In 1942 we always assumed that they were just lazy and modeled basic weapons for the Allies and Axis and sometimes gave them to the wrong nations.. but this is just goofy.

At least he has a Type 100 instead of an MP40 though ;) I shouldn't gynx it, it might end up being an MP28 or something lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL just noticed that the two planes seen in the menu below are a Spitfire and a Focke-Wulf. How can they be this ****ing lazy? On their website there are even artworks of japanese soldiers with arisaka rifles and even in the trailer theres a corsair flying around. Maybe this means there will be other scenarios later on as well? Or probably they were just too damn lazy.

8736_0.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0