• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 1943

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
Imperial Japanese Navy on match-made servers for optimal challenge, as you gain ranks and awards. Battlfield 1943 is your own version of one of the most famous campaigns in the history of the world!

By Land, Sea, & Air!

Unleash wide destruction with Bombing Raids, Tanks, or Fighter Planes launched from Aircraft Carriers and enjoy one of the best vehicle experiences in any multiplayer game to-date!

Varied Locations & Up to 24 Players

Play with 24 players online in three beutiful and destructible locations from the Pacific theatre. Wheather you choose Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima or the classic Wake Island, you'll experience the best balance of infantry combat complemented by land, sea and air vehicles.

Frostbite-Enabled Destruction

Watch as the beautiful Pacific islands quickly turn into scarred battlefields as destruction rains upon you and your fellow soldiers as you fight to win the battle!

Through The Gun Experience

Use classic and iconic WWII infantry weapons with excellent use to defeat your foes. Hit'em hard from afar through your sniper scope or use explosives or melee weapons like bayonets to make it really up close and personal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTu5AgY03c0

24 players? 3 maps? I was really hoping for a full fleged sequel not a crap console minigame :(

Oh my god, what a joke.

Judging from that trailer it looks like a 1:1 remake of the BF42 pacific maps but with frostbite engine. I mean seriously technology is advancing but this still looks exactly like BF42, the forests/jungle seen in that trailer is a joke, hell even BF:Vietnams jungles looked more realistic. And 3 maps?

You know if it's like 10-20€ from steam/psn/xbox live then I say okay, but if this is supposed to be BF3 then I have lost any faith in the BF-series(for PC).

*edit* Yeah I just read that it will be download-exclusive. Still i don't like the way the whole thing is heading.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They already did this when they ported the Pacific maps from 1942 to Vietnam as part of an "official WW2 mod", basically just to show off the new jungles they always wanted to have. It was kind of strange because the Japanese soldiers looked south-Asian since they still had the faces modeled for the Vietnamese lol

Now they're just porting it again to the next fancy engine.

Upvote 0
They already did this when they ported the Pacific maps from 1942 to Vietnam as part of an "official WW2 mod", basically just to show off the new jungles they always wanted to have. It was kind of strange because the Japanese soldiers looked south-Asian since they still had the faces modeled for the Vietnamese lol

Now they're just porting it again to the next fancy engine.
And the funny thing about that is how their 'jungles' are still nothing but 5 trees standing around next to each other. One would think that after 7years more would be possible.

Well my hopes for a "Mass-FPS" now pretty much lie on Delta Force: Angel Falls which will feature 200 player battles, and well with Joint Operations NovaLogic already showed what they're capable of.

Upvote 0
Ok some new informations:

• It's not 'Battlefield 3'
  • It's a 'more accessible' remake of BF1942
  • Only three classes instead of five(Scout, Rifleman, Infantryman)
  • Full destruction, not semi-destruction like in Bad Company
  • 'Air-Raid' - a special bunker where you can call in a bomb strike(3 bombers), causes heavy damage to the area; alarm signal goes off in the marked area
  • Wake Island now is symmetric, japanese have an aircraft carrier as well = fight for the island, not attack/defend anymore
  • Auto-healing like in Call of Duty
  • Ranking system, but no unlockable weapons
  • Squads of max. 4 players, no Commander
  • No SP or LAN
  • new content only 'possible'
  • about 400MB
  • Possibly on Steam
  • 15-20€
  • Three Maps, 2 Teams, 24 Players
  • Game is rather developed for consoles
  • Various weapons chooseable per class
  • Melee weapons like Bayonets or japanese swords
I changed my mind a bit. For 15-20€ I think it's ok, but I really only see it as game to fill the gap until BF:BC2.
However EA also stated that this may not be seen as 'Battlefield 3', so that's some good news and hope that we'll see a real sequel to BF2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0