• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 1943

Ok I have been playing this game on and off for the last 2 days.

Here are my thoughts.

Basically a stripped/dumbed down 1942 for the console masses.

I have lots of issues with 1943 but my biggest gripe is with the weapons damage.....it is truly horrendous. I can't remember in 1942 it has been so long ago but I don't remember literally having to empty a half clip of a thompson in someones chest to kill them. The sniper rifle is rediculus too...might as well be shooting a BB gun.... mounted 50 cal, or strafing runs from the corsair you ask? Multiple hits to infantry to take them down....rediculous.

And best yet the tank shells, bombs, and grenades do no splash damage!!! You can literally fire off a round from a tank and have it land inches from an enemies feet and it does not hurt them..... it is truly a site to behold.

Only thing positive I can say is the dogfighting is fun.. unreaistic but still fun. The sound is also excellent.

That is all :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing I do most now in BF1943 is, taking a jeep or tank. Placing it on a strategic position, ussually a little hill with some trees. And start mowing down infantry from a few hundred meters away. Fun as hell. And if you go the SMG class, you can repair vehicles aswell, so you can keep going pretty long if the other team has crappy pilots or just bad air superiority.

Upvote 0
Also just read this:

With Battlefield 1943 we are advancing squad gameplay on the console!

Squad commands

Next, we have improved squad communication and command through a simple graphical interface system. As Battlefield 2142 fans will recognize, squad commands are very easy to use. When leading a squad, simply point your cross-hairs on a flag and press "Back" on Xbox 360 or "Select" on PS3 and the game will automatically mark that flag as “Attack” (red circle) or “Defend” (blue circle) depending on which team currently owns the flag. This informs your squad of the desired focal point and action (attack or defend).
This is a useful compliment to voice messaging when confirming your strategies with squad mates. After all, the team that communicates the best, kills the best.

Example of issued Squad commands in-game:

Attack marker (Squad Only)

Defend marker (Squad Only)

Neutral flag (Squad Only)

Hotzone marker (Team)
Now THAT is useful stuff. I wonder what other features they didn't tell us about!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wtf. it's like they took battlefield heroes and made it with better graphics. wtf is this. the animation is cartoony and gay. what the hell happened to the realism and immersion of bf1942 and bf2. even 2142 was pretty damn good and much better then this cartooney garbage. this frostbite **** is gay.

Who gives a ****, your getting Battlefield 3.

Just let them have their game.

If BF3 turns out to be console infected dog **** then i'll come back and whine with you.

Upvote 0
Why do they insist on making such small woefully inaccurate World War 2 games like this?

Because kiddies don't care about accuracy and just need the fun factor.

Regardless of all the negative or positive remarks I can honestly say that BF1942 and BFV were 2 of the best games ever created because it brought vehicles and some great gameplay to the masses. Not everyone wants everything to be a sim.

I love RO and all the mods because of the accuracy and I don't mean about the representation of maps, scenarios, etc. or any other sim related items or that any of it is true to the real war.

For me it is the hit detection and with the first two versions of the BF series games had this. I love the feel of a rifle as it is in real life and the iron sites etc. and the ability to pick people off at long ranges, running or not. I'm a pixel shooter at heart.

The other factors that made the first 2 BF series games great was of course the dog fights, the helicopter fights and the addition of jungle warfare. Sure the game was what we consider arcade like because anyone could simply jump into a vehicle and fly, drive and so on. ArmA and ArmA2 are incredible games when it comes to accuracy but just to do some of the simple things that you could do in BF takes too many button pushes and the like, more or less too much sim like, let alone the lag factor of the ArmA series. The first 2 BF series did not have lag until BF2 came out and that was why I quit playing it because I was far better than what the game was representing due to the accuracy discrepancy and lag.

I want a game with the accuracy of RO but I also want to have the freedom to be able to fly, drive, tank or whatever just by hitting an enter button and I'm off. So until a game has the scope or epic scale of WWII Online, with RO accuracy but with the BF simplicity of operation and the graphics of say ArmA2 then we'll just have to make do with what they give us. I'm still dreaming of that one all beat all game but no one is producing it as of yet.

Oh and for 15 bucks how could you go wrong, the fun factor I'm sure is there and it will last for some time. The PC version should be a bit better, remember this is a console game we are talking about at the moment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0