• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 1943

I could live with Health regeneration(don't really care, in BF:BC it worked), I could even live with the ammo thing, because I don't think it will make much difference in gameplay terms, though I still don't like that. But completely wrong weapons? That really ruins the ww2 experience, and I at least am playing ww2 games because I like the scenario. But yeah we'll see.

Upvote 0
It will probably be a 30 dollar download. Why do people always say it's the same as 1942. Of course the maps are the same why wouldn't they be?

When RO 2 comes out you will probably see some of the same as well, it's the theater, you can't change history. Stalingrad is still Stalingrad, Berlin is Berlin.

WWII games if remade can't really change much about the maps, sure they can create other situations but you can't change the Japanese islands.:D

Heck you have everyone on the BF side wanting people to create 1942 but on the BF2 engine, nothing would change there either except better graphics, that's just how it is in the gaming industry.

It will cater to the BF folks and that's all that really matters to EA. They don't need to change anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game is out on 360 today. There are quite a few video's on Youtube already.
I'm waiting to purchase until I can try it online but right now servers are overloaded and/or down so I can't join, neither can anyone else apparently. Tutorial was fun though, who cares if it's realistic or not...it's fun (seems so at least) which is what it's supposed to be. Hopefully they fix the servers soon so I can try it online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I first started playing the original all those years back it was fun but never realistic either. I think you get a lot for the low price in this game plus the consoles don't have anything like this right now.

Even if you don't like the game the sound effects sound great if you have some nice speakers!

Upvote 0