• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Article]GameStar - Release date rumors

Let's not read to much into that, 1C also came out with a prediction, think it was q1 2011, and this may be no more accurate than that one.
Publishers just like release dates, even if they don't actually know what it'll be, they will just give it their best guess. Stores that do pre-orders often do the same thing.

I woulden't put it past TWI to release it on the eve of the real battle's start, the symbolism would be neat and all, but on the other hand, if they can release it sooner than that, then i don't see why they would want to wait.
The longer the game stays in-house, the more it will have cost to develop it in cost of wages alone, and it's not making them any money untill it gets out there.

I agree that TWI will not pospone just because of the date of actual stalingrad.

It would be a good marketing day for the game though:D
"Let us remember the turning point of the second world war - ROHOS now 10% off!"

Upvote 0
Cheers a month date. Bday in August, hopefully I can get some extra cash so I can buy both a new video card and RO2 :D

$130 so far, going to sell off my Sunrise Sw-Xcape earphones for $60-70 to beef up that budget :D
Currently have a 9800 GTX+ 512 MB, which isn't going to cut it anymore. Since I record with Fraps.

Upvote 0
;P I have an 8800gt 512mb which runs every game from Crysis, Crysis 2 to MoW Assault Squad and Armed Assault 2. Save your money, best bet is to save enough to buy an entire setup, that one graphics card you get will be out of date and largely inferior within a year.

Sturm
Those games aren't really that intensive nor do I play any of those. Try running Metro 2033 on your card :D I barely get decent FPS on low setting @ 1920x1200. Not to mention I record with Fraps when playing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very possible that it could be coming out in mid-late august. They're just starting the first phase of the beta, so all we can do is just sit on our hands and wait.
They are close to starting. ;)

Like others have said, I'm not believing anything unless it's from TWI. I'm not making any hopes so that none can be crushed later on. :D

Upvote 0
Those games aren't really that intensive nor do I play any of those. Try running Metro 2033 on your card :D I barely get decent FPS on low setting @ 1920x1200. Not to mention I record with Fraps when playing.
Metro 2033 is a horribly optimized game. Crysis 1 is actually still a very taxing game, even with modern hardware, by the way.

Upvote 0
Twi says once we should not belive any release dates except one of them gives us information, but if I look at the pure amount of article name a release July/August it really could be true
And what if all of these companies are copying the August idea from one article? Just because multiple places are pushing this date out does not mean they have some secret insider that's feeding them legitimate information.

Upvote 0