• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Article]GameStar - Release date rumors

Yeah.

Seriously, I could have sworn they stated that they had started the first phase like a month and a half or more ago.

Clearly, there is some play with the official time line of events.

only thing i remember was Yoshi saying he had his list of testers ready and was just waiting for coding and the official go ahead to start.....was during a crosshairs broadcast. but he didn't actually say it started

Upvote 0
Ignorant? No, just pessimistic, but I find that's often the best way.

I think ignorant is a bit harsh. :)

And by open beta I probably meant 'massive closed beta' - I think they said something like 20,000 keys. Either way if we're still in alpha and it's nearly May then I can't see the game going gold until Q3/4.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
Is the Beta set for the anniversary of VE?

Maybe released May...............2045?

At the end of the day a lot of people only want to participate in the Beta to play an early release, not nessesarily to contribute to bug-fixing. Personally I say skip the Beta and spend the time freed up to release monthly videos and essential tweaks to the final build.

Sturm

Upvote 0
that would be counter productive as they won't have enough man power to find all the bugs in order to fix them. whatever your beliefs about people's motivations, open beta testing has been proven to work.

as a closed and open beta tester for a number of games, i can tell you many are enthusiastic about helping the developer polish the game. even if they're a minority, they contribute greatly to the quality of the finished product. just a dozen real testers would be enough. that's why you invite a large number of people to increase the chances of there being serious testers among them.

i have personally witnessed crucial bugs being squashed in many closed beta forums.

Upvote 0
Is the Beta set for the anniversary of VE?

Maybe released May...............2045?

At the end of the day a lot of people only want to participate in the Beta to play an early release, not nessesarily to contribute to bug-fixing. Personally I say skip the Beta and spend the time freed up to release monthly videos and essential tweaks to the final build.

Sturm

Agreeded.

Upvote 0