• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

All of my teammates in Killing Floor - A thread of fails

This one goes out in loving memory of Jammer - the LAR wielding commando, wherever you are now we thank you.

Was doing some aperture on hard with 2 friends, 2 zerks and a medic guarding a one way room on the map. One friend and myself are the zerks and were keeping everything out. About wave 3, some random person joins, jammer. Jammer was that special kind of player who felt the need to off perk things and use them with 0 efficiency. We let him in on our little hidey hole on the wave he joined. But the next wave, he didn't make it back from the trader in time. My friend and I became immovable walls in front of that door, there was no way anybody was getting in, not even Jammer. Jammer about near had a seizure trying to jump in the door as gorefasts and scrakes tore at his backside. His death came about from 5 nades he spammed to try and stay alive, but all efforts were for naught.

We laughed for about 10 minutes straight at his expense. To date, it was one of the funniest things in KF ever.

So you cause someone's death and that's a fail on their part? On my servers that've just gotten you a kick and a lifetime on my no-second-chances ****list any time you rejoined. Whether he was being an idiot as a Larmando or not, you don't TK in a teamwork based game.

Upvote 0
So you cause someone's death and that's a fail on their part?
--
Whether he was being an idiot as a Larmando or not, you don't TK in a teamwork based game.
Well I didn't just say it was fail on their part. Though it was a complete failure of co-operation and teamwork on our side, the end result was hilarious. It was more or less assisted suicide :p Kind of like how demos and firebugs can prematurely detonate somebody's grenades.

I have so many more stories of that as well (explosion assisted suicides) most all of which are completely unintentional.

Upvote 0
So you cause someone's death and that's a fail on their part? On my servers that've just gotten you a kick and a lifetime on my no-second-chances ****list any time you rejoined. Whether he was being an idiot as a Larmando or not, you don't TK in a teamwork based game.
Remind me to stay away from your servers
Spoiler!

Upvote 0

Well said. People that are deliberately blocking like douches, whether it be a doorway or the trader, should be kicked on sight. Especially if it was a deliberate attempt to get someone killed.

Upvote 0

Yes indeed...apparently. KF is srs bsns

Guys don't get me wrong, we felt bad, but it was absolutely hilarious. Idk, enough about that :p

This thread needs more fail.

About all I got is last night on a sperks server, some friends were wanting me to bizon them up to a normally inaccessible area of the map (bizon has a pushback effect) and I went a little too far on accident. Needless to say - knees exploded on landing.

Upvote 0
I just entered a game on icecave and happened to join in wave 11.
the guys were staying in one of those little "boxes" with the one big door and apparently that worked out fine for the 10 waves before.

I was last to return from the trader and saw them again being in that little room without escape again. Ok, I dont wanna be alone with the pat so I go inside.
There the one guy starts to weld the door. ok, a little more time before the inevitable. Then I see he is a demo with that f***** big nade launcher. I just start to chat (got no mic): "isnt it too close"
for the nade launcher, I wanted to say, too late!
the pat is opening the door with his rockets and we inside die. one by one without even having seen him!

that was funny somewhat! in fact it was real lol

Upvote 0
Manor, Hard.

A level 3 Support joins us during the Trader Time between the ninth and tenth wave, we give him some money, he buys some powerful weapon and the wave starts. After a while our Demo spots 2 FP and unloads 6 'nades on them.
Result: 2 FP enraged.
Our poor support was pratically in front of the 2 and gets insta-raped.
"Lol I didn't even touch them!" He said.
"Welcome to Hard" I replied.
"Wait, this is hard?"

The mighty difficult reset bug strikes again.

Upvote 0
West London: we lose the tunnel and just start to kite out the wave (its 1 commando and me as m14/pistols sharp). A scrake spawns in front of us which we can easily run around, but I decide I'm going to be a pro **** and take it out quickly. Right as I start the m14 flinch, a stalker I didn't realize was next to the scrake starts hitting me. I completely lose the flinch and get ripped a new one.

The commando clutches the wave and I, having learned a lesson, switch to m14/lar for the next wave. First FP of the wave arrives and I start m14 combo. In the middle of the FPs rage animation, I suddenly explode into a shower of giblets. It wasn't the attacking rage animation and I don't think I was within swinging range anyways. My ping was low so I have no idea what happened, but there you go. Pro sharp.

Upvote 0
Abusement Park - HoE - Wave 10

Early on in the wave a combination of missed shots, bad spawns and a whole lot of 'wtf is going on' caused 5/6 players to die leaving me as commando to kill 200+ zeds. I spend the next 10-15 mins kiting the zeds around while everyone on the team waited since it seemed I would make it through. It gets to the last few zeds which happen to be scrakes. I get lucky and find armour which allows me to kill one scrake. Some ammo spawns too, giving me enough ammo for one more.

I'm finally down to the very last scrake. SCAR only has a partial clip, same for AK but someone pointed out that there was still a pipe bomb on the map. I stand on the pipe and decide to use the AK to start off. Clip empties as the scrake starts to mince me. I switch to SCAR, pipe blows up, vision gets screwed and half of my clip ends up hitting air. SCAR runs dry. I switch to AK only to realise it isn't loaded and that I only have 20hp left. I die desperately firing my 9mm to remove the sliver of health the scrake had left.

Team proceeds to laugh and I facepalm at dying to the last zed with 1% health left on the 10th wave after kiting for 10 mins solo.

Since that moment, whenever I'm a commando I run away from scrakes like a little girl screaming "SCRAKE!" at the sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
Solo Foundry HoE

Kited all 10 waves as berserker like clockwork, the trader before wave 11 is straight ahead from spawn and down the back hallway to the right. I had quite the surplus of dosh so I go support, buy my aa-12 and unpack 6 pipebombs in front of the door right next to the trader headed towards the back of the map. Make sure to shut the door (and I've never shut the door during solo Patriarch round since) and the Pat spawns just around the corner.

I'm grinning because easy peasy, lemon squeezy. As soon as he tries to open that door he has enough pipes for an instakill waiting. 10 seconds go by. Then 20. Now 30. I think to myself what the hell, maybe he's glitched. So I open the door and peek around the corner but don't see him anywhere. Then I hear his footsteps rapidly approaching so I try to turn around and back up but that sneaky bastard had gone all the way around to come in behind me! 6 pipes directly underneath us both shot us directly into the ceiling four stories up ;_; would have made a great screenshot if I hadn't been so flustered in the moment

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Biolabs, HoE, 4 Pubs, Me, my friend Wolf.

Me and Wolf were both Sharpshooter, he had Mk23, .44, Bow and I had m14, HC, Mk23. The pubs were level 4 demo, level 5 support, level 2 sharp, and I believe a level 4 or 5 medic.

From wave 6 and on it was nade showers from the pubs at every Scrake and every FP. We asked them multiple times per round to not throw grenades at Scrakes and FPs, and they never listened. And at the start of wave 9 I even asked them to not even touch their grenade key anymore.

They raged everything and failed to kill tons of trash. The 4 of them died every wave, resulting in me, Wolf and sometimes 1-2 of the pubs having to kite. But they usually died along the way, and so did I because they would get me killed in silly ways.

For instance, I was kiting an FP with the m14, clearing trash around it, making sure I could take it without issue. And I shot it once, turned around to kill something, then the Medic with an HSG-1 starts spamming the FP raging it on me, getting me killed.

The grenades from them seemed infinite. I blame the support and demo bonuses to hand grenade quantity. Definitely one of the worst pub games I've ever experienced because we kept surviving through kiting. I've had games just as bad as this before, but it usually resulted in a hasty wipe, so the pain was like a quick bandaid rip. But this game went all the way to 10, so it was a slow painful experience.

Then a few games later, I was holding the front of the far tunnel on West London with a level 5 Demo. He would throw 3-4 hand grenades and dump all 6 m32 shots on Scrakes and then single m79 shot FPs. He shot directly in front of me too, making sure there was a lot of smoke and not a lot of deaths. Felt like I was being trolled that day. So many bad games.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

This was a few hours ago, he got admin kicked from the server, whoop whoop.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

This was a few hours ago, he got admin kicked from the server, whoop whoop.
>ever bragging about banning people
I feel sick to my stomach
Spoiler!

I don't know about you (actually I think I do but w/e), but I feel personally ashamed whenever I have to ban someone. Taking away their fun like some malevolent god just because we couldn't find common ground to enjoy the game.

Upvote 0