• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design AHz April Movie Release

The optics for the BT7 is correct and the pak40 used the ZF 3x8 sights which was used on the pak38 and other pak guns, but we heard that the increments may have been changed slightly for the pak40. We have not found out if this is true or not. Teufelhund bought a ZF 3x8 sights so that we could get the sights correct for the pak40.
The pak40 that is on the SdKfz22 is using the same ZF 3x8 sights that we have on the regular pak40.
As far as the Zis3 I am not sure if the sights we are using are correct, one of the other guys from AHz will have to answer that one.

Lex

Upvote 0
Great guns! This sure is going to spice up things.

I hope mappers will do justice to the guns and add camouflage (bushes, logs, etc.), sandbags, empty and full cases, empty shells and stacked unused shells ('cause as Lex says eject shells cannnot live longer) lying around, and so on - else they will look so "bare" all by themselves ...

Maybe one day Stug/PzIV riders too?

Upvote 0
The BT7 has the driver, commander, and 4 passengers for a total of 6 and for now the SdKfz22 has the driver and the gunner for a total of 2, there has been discussion about adding 2 more passengers in the back but we haven't decided yet if we will do that.

Yes the ZF 3x8 sights like I said before were used on many different artillery pieces. I stated that the etching may have been changed for the pak40 but we have not been able to find the changes. So if I remove the 2cm on the sights will that make it historically accurate? We don't know but what we do know is that removing the 2cm will not make the sights any better to bring in the targets. Historical accuracy is what we would like but until we know for sure what the etching changes were we will probable leave it like this because we know that the ZF 3x8 sights were used.

Lex

Upvote 0
On the sight. The zf 3x8 was used extensively from what we have gathered as a direct fire sight. However the reticule pattern varied depending on the application.

This reticule pattern is for a zf 3x8 20mm AA gun from my personal collection. Thus the 2cm. Another reticule pattern was probably used for the Pak38, 40, 43/41. What that is, we do not know. We have looked fairly long and hard for the proper sight. We talked with the curator of Aberdeen proving ground, even the Army War college in Carlisle (who actually have a Pak43/41 on display).

This is the closest we can get to historical accuracy now. If someone gets the correct pattern we will obviously change it. It could be fairly close to the zf 3x8 pattern on the pak40, we just do not know.

Hope this helps. If someone is in England and can inquire or go to the tank museum at Bovington (sp?) or even one of the many in Germany and give us a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0