• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design AHz April Movie Release

Oooo - nice work! Do you have HE for the Zis-3s?? I can imagine the fun with a battery of 76s blowing the infantry to bits!

Yep. HE included and a map concept that will be more for giggles than not but... We just had that idea of battery-fire and had to try it. I shot twice what I included. It was so engrossing. Next arty project: 12-pound brass Napoleons!
:)

The cool thing is that mappers will have lots of options now.

The T34 with riders (T34R) is a 'proof of concept'. No promises until we get the Ok from TWI as there are server-side implications to consider.

The map: the guys liked it but it is far from done. Its scale is much bigger once I had players and vehicles in it and I think it will end up more 50/50 with infantry/tanks instead of more 75/25 infantry favor. Eventually I'll get back to it.

Upvote 0
Incredible work guys!!!! That Zis gun makes me want to start working on Voronezh again.

Quick question: will there be winter skins for all these models, including the 45mm Russian gun?

YES. Already done. I was going to show a 'vehicle park' with all the variants, but didn't want to extend the movie. Once you see the cool additional features TWI is adding to the AT gun code, you will have a great set of options to make much more dynamic maps.

Upvote 0
You guys are awesome. 2 ideas that popped into my head: Maybe make the spent AT guns shell last a little longer before it disappears, and also maybe give the ridable T34 a diferent color skin from normal (just give the stock skin a noticeably different color tint and maybe add some identifying markings to it) so people can identify immediately which ones they can hop on. I'm assuming based on what you said that if they were all ridable then that would strain the server too bad. Can't wait to have working AT guns (3 different ones no less) in many levels, excellent.

Upvote 0
The reason why I have the shell disappear so quickly is because it is connected to the barrel so that as the barrel recoils back when fired the shell starts its movement also. Since it is connected to the barrel and if it laid on the ground as the gunner moves the barrel to aim for the next shot the spent shell moves also and looks strange moving all over the place.

Lex

Upvote 0
The reason why I have the shell disappear so quickly is because it is connected to the barrel so that as the barrel recoils back when fired the shell starts its movement also. Since it is connected to the barrel and if it laid on the ground as the gunner moves the barrel to aim for the next shot the spent shell moves also and looks strange moving all over the place.

Lex
Ah, I get it.

Upvote 0