• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF A Killing Floor game on OUYA

As for the game name Im sure youll get better names but off the top of my head:
Killing Floor: Legacy
KF: Survival
KF: Escape
KF: Horde

Obvious I know... :p

Killing Floor: Watch out for Fleshpounds and Killing Floor: Masterson and the Dosh-O-Matic would be good, too. :D

All joking aside, I really can't think of a good name. I kind of like "Calamity", really. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a good name for, basically, Killing Floor Lite.

Ok, as stated elsewhere: this OUYA project is being built by Robin's team in Sweden. It doesn't distract us from base Killing Floor one little bit. As also stated elsewhere - we've got a bunch more surprises up our sleeve for KF, coming soon. We doing more than "a little more".

You know this, I know this and the sane ones here know that, but I'm afraid the "Zealous Fanboyism" perk has a 100% blindness passive effect. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
1. OUYA games are free.
2. I am not buying something that is not even delivered in my country.
3. 99$ for a console on which you play games made for your phone?
4. it costs 250$ with 4 controllers again for a console that is made to play games for phones on it.

Might as well put it on Google play. That way more people will be able to enjoy it ... most smart phones nowadays are more powerfull than this OUYA anyway ...

:D

Upvote 0
1. OUYA games are free. - Only free to try
2. I am not buying something that is not even delivered in my country. - That is a very good argument, but that might change
3. 99$ for a console on which you play games made for your phone? - How much did you pay for your phone.
4. it costs 250$ with 4 controllers again for a console that is made to play games for phones on it. - But that's only what's there now, it might get better once more people get into it.

Might as well put it on Google play. That way more people will be able to enjoy it ... most smart phones nowadays are more powerful than this OUYA anyway ...

-That's a good point, and I dont' play games on my phone, but what devices can access this on a TV?

Upvote 0
h2B637202

Upvote 0
Ok, as stated elsewhere: this OUYA project is being built by Robin's team in Sweden. It doesn't distract us from base Killing Floor one little bit. As also stated elsewhere - we've got a bunch more surprises up our sleeve for KF, coming soon. We doing more than "a little more".

:D I was a bit scared if this was the BIG suprise I've been waiting for soooo long time.

Can't wait!

Upvote 0
Agree that Calamity isn't a bad option. I'm thinking of other names to throw out there, but it's hard to narrow it down without knowing how this game fits into the Killing Floor lore. Are the events in this game happening at the same time as our beloved FPS Killing Floor? Are they happening in similar locations? Could this be considered a prequel or sequel?

As a side note, I wonder if the sharpshooter perk will be available. I'm assuming lining up headshots won't really be a factor in a top-down shooter. Oh! I just thought of a name.

Killing Floor: This Is How We Finally Fixed the Scrake Hitbox Bug

(I keed, I keed :D)

Upvote 0
KF: Calamity sounds really fun. Too bad, that it won't change my opinion on the Ouya. But who knows...
...maybe it will be ported some time.

Meanwhile I keep on waiting for the big surprises :D

Same. Even though the OUYA doesn't tickle my fancy, I kind of like Calamity and I think there's a lot of room for it. Like I said before, I think it would work great on Steam as a more casual version of KF and I think a lot of people would buy it, especially if they made it 25% off if you have Killing Floor and vice versa - and if you got a special character for owning the game, I think that would seal the deal for a lot of fans. Instead of paying $5 for one character, you could pay $10, get a new character and a new game! Who wouldn't go for that?

Plus, I think it could easily be sold on Xbox Live and other similar markets. However, if it is an OUYA exclusive, I think the sales opportunity is stunted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0