• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Trotskygrad

Bullet penetration inconsistencies

1. Wood appears to be stronger than stone/plaster walls. During testing, I was able to shoot through 2 plaster walls but not 2 wood beams (the wood beams on firebase). I would decrease the resistant strength of wood to be in line with plaster 2. Barrels, connexes, cars, and the Gazebo on...
  2. Trotskygrad

Decouple variable zoom from the zero

IRL, changing the zoom on your scope shouldn't affect the zero. IMO, the variable zoom scope on the XM21 suffers from being attached to the zero, as most of the time you'll want to keep it on minimum zero, even on long shots where the zoom would come in handy. I'm aware it would probably...
  3. Trotskygrad

what's the benefit to folding the bipod?

from what I've seen, folding the bipod is pretty much useless and makes recoil undeployed, firing from shoulder, worse. IMO, it should be the same or slightly better (perhaps because the character is holding onto the bipod?) right now, it seems like a nice but pointless feature. Also the M60...
  4. Trotskygrad

Weapon Model Issues

M14 M14's barrel to flash hider ratio is off. Flash Hider is too long, and barrel is too short from between the gas block and the front sight. Should be a simple fix M16A1 M16A1's barrel profile is too thick it lacks the stepping behind the flash hider...
  5. Trotskygrad

I asked a Vietnam Vet of what he thought of the leaked trailer.

he said some stuff with implication for gameplay The M16 does not buck so much, very mild recoil. The AK fire was dead off, an AK makes a loud POP, once heard the sound is unmistakable and unforgettable. Balls out close combat in villages happened but was pretty rare. As a general rule most...
  6. Trotskygrad

Dragon spotted

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/529513838683089231/B530015002F9DD1209ACCA043E471ADE4C7EA5E7/ COULD IT REALLY BE??!
  7. Trotskygrad

PC Fingers clipping with model during EoTech adjustment animation

Category: Animation Reproducibility: Always Summary: Playermodel fingers clip with the L85A2's sight during the adjustment animation To reproduce: 1. Join server or start solo. Use the Constable model. 2. Acquire a L85A2 rifle by any means 3. Hit R until the animation plays where the sight is...
  8. Trotskygrad

PC AR Type Rifles: Animation Inaccuracy, bug or not?

One of the major selling points of this game is the level of accuracy of weapon animation. However, I've found a pretty bad bug or animation overlook. The bolt catch on AR-type rifles fails to function correctly when the weapon goes dry. On the Colt 9mm SMG it's in some limbo between...
  9. Trotskygrad

what's the difference between HE Grenade and Frag Grenade?

title says it all. Commando has an "HE Grenade", Support has a "Frag Grenade" I guess the frag does less damage over a larger AoE? and the HE does more damage in a smaller area?
  10. Trotskygrad

Autofire vs. Singlefire: Unrealistic AND unbalanced.

Seems to me at these 2 perks are unbalanced, I have no trouble shooting single shots (except on forced burst mode like on the Colt 9mm SMG), while the rifle is set on full auto. Seems to totally obsolete single fire, especially since on one rifle (AK-12), it's unaffected at all since both modes...
  11. Trotskygrad

Stats reset when?

Just would like to know so it's not an unpleasant surprise when the game releases
  12. Trotskygrad

Realistic Themes in KF2

Coming back from the other forums since KF2 is looking pretty amazing at the moment. I hope the weapons stay within the theme of the setting of the game. Currently the selection is looking pretty good, full size SA80 is very british, and the Benelli M4 is used by the royal army (and it...
  13. Trotskygrad

Official Dwarfs?! Axe Balance Thread

Is the axe balanced? IMO it's not, you probably can use it to insta-environmental kill specimens and on maps like suburbia you can abuse it to use raged flesh pounds to kill specimens for you simply by knocking them off the roof over and over, and they clear the route for you. Also like said...
  14. Trotskygrad

Tactics Mystical Warriors Challenge

Map: IceCave Class: Berserker Weapon: Dwarfs?! axe and Claymore, (knife for start) Difficulty: HoE Players: 6 first team to do this gets a cookie from me :)
  15. Trotskygrad

Tactics Z.E.D usage

I think it's definitely a support weapon, so medic is the best perk to utilize it however, what are your experiences using it with other perks? I find commando can be useful due to faster reload, and SS due to greater HS bonus (though it isn't very accurate)
  16. Trotskygrad

ROGame.exe has stopped working

last night, I was playing perfectly fine, enjoying the game. then this morning: I start getting this error I properly shut down the game last night so I'm not sure what It appears to be network related http://imgur.com/JGyA7
  17. Trotskygrad

Tactics How in the world do you use the Nailgun

it seems to be inferior to the shotguns in every way... a "joke" weapon at best. I'd put it slightly above the dual 9mms.
  18. Trotskygrad

M4/203 too much idle sway from hip

it's like the guy is putting effort into swinging it around fix it plz. (price too preferably)
  19. Trotskygrad

Christmas weapon DLC... what's coming

So I think it's pretty obvious that Christmas will result in another weapon DLC (probably paid) what do you think will be included? wot I think: MN1930 sniper rifle (it was found in the files afaik) Stun nade perhaps new zerker weapon another commando weapon.
  20. Trotskygrad

Special grenades for every perk

Since medic and firebug already have perk specific grenades I thought it might be an interesting idea to dream up more grenades. (This was being done in other threads, I figured a specific thread wouldn't be a bad idea) I think we should leave each perk at 5 regular grenades except for demo...