• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullet penetration inconsistencies

Trotskygrad

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2011
on top of corner ruins
1. Wood appears to be stronger than stone/plaster walls. During testing, I was able to shoot through 2 plaster walls but not 2 wood beams (the wood beams on firebase). I would decrease the resistant strength of wood to be in line with plaster

2. Barrels, connexes, cars, and the Gazebo on Compound are all 100% bulletproof. Kind of weird but I guess this isn't implemented yet

3. 5,56 has woefully little penetration. It's on the same level as .45. I'd recommend buffing it so it can penetrate a thick stone wall at least, it can only go through thin ones

4. the RPG is a bit absurdly powerful in it's ability to clear anything on the backface of the object it penetrated. I'm guessing it's using a sphere of damage on the backface. I'd look into using a cone or cylinder instead.

oh, and the Sapper mines are 100% broken

Credit to Jagdwyre for helping me test this stuff

Reactions: NorthDumpling
Regular lead cored 5.56 M193 ball round will not penetrate a thick stone wall, so it really shouldn't be able to ingame either.

The steel cored 7.62x39 ammunition for the AK47 however is another story, and it's one of the AK47's real life advantages that it can punch through some rather hefty cover.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unus Offa said:
Regular lead cored 5.56 M193 ball round will not penetrate a thick stone wall, so it really shouldn't be able to ingame either.

The steel cored 7.62x39 ammunition for the AK47 however is another story, and it's one of the AK47's real life advantages that it can punch through some rather hefty cover.

but 7,62x25 Tokarev out of a TT33 does?

Beskar Mando;n2287518 said:
Sapper mines are broken, how?

they don't detonate when a player moves over them. We tested on multiple surfaces, sprinting, running, proning, crouching over them. None resulted in detonation.

Reactions: NorthDumpling
Upvote 0