• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Special grenades for every perk

Trotskygrad

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2011
on top of corner ruins
Since medic and firebug already have perk specific grenades I thought it might be an interesting idea to dream up more grenades. (This was being done in other threads, I figured a specific thread wouldn't be a bad idea)

I think we should leave each perk at 5 regular grenades except for demo, and add special grenades separately, similar to how M203 grenades are done.

Support could have some frag grenade that produces large tracer like effects (those should be removed from the regular grenade)

Berserker could have a flashbang that stuns zeds. Alternatively, throwing knives.

Throwing knives would be hilarious for Zerk. level 6 ones should invariably kill a single crawler, but have no penetration. Just a projectile. He would carry a max of like, 10, and they'd be recollectable and used just for raping the odd crawler or just thrown at a single trash zed's head so the zerk could stroke his e-peen.

Giving him STUN grenades would be ridiculously OP. We already know how bad stunning is for the zerk.

Suppie would have nailbombs that bounce/penetrate, with decent damage and be great for killing trash whilst not harming him or his doors. It won't have the classic nade stacking effect though, so he loses his supereffectiveness against fleshpounds, and rightfully so.

Maybe the commando could have stun grenades, that uncloaks stalkers/patty and stuns everything save for scrakes/fleshies for an amount of time depending his level.

Upvote 0
Throwing knives would be hilarious for Zerk. level 6 ones should invariably kill a single crawler, but have no penetration. Just a projectile. He would carry a max of like, 10, and they'd be recollectable and used just for raping the odd crawler or just thrown at a single trash zed's head so the zerk could stroke his e-peen.

Giving him STUN grenades would be ridiculously OP. We already know how bad stunning is for the zerk.

Suppie would have nailbombs that bounce/penetrate, with decent damage and be great for killing trash whilst not harming him or his doors. It won't have the classic nade stacking effect though, so he loses his supereffectiveness against fleshpounds, and rightfully so.

Maybe the commando could have stun grenades, that uncloaks stalkers/patty and stuns everything save for scrakes/fleshies for an amount of time depending his level.

I'd be for that, sounds like an interesting bonus for the commando that goes well with his perk.

and yeah throwing knives sound more fitting for the zerk

For sharpshooter, how about flares that illuminate an area making it easier to headshot?

Upvote 0
Commando was going to have concussion grenade
KFMod.StunNadePickup
Medic now has the MedicNade
Whitelisted this would be nice for Zerk (Throwing Ax)
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=84964
In the Killing Floor Mod v3, they were going to add molotov cocktail, that would be good for Pyro.
Support keeps the Frags.

As for Sharp/demo...this is what TF2 had in mind before thinking of "balancing" there game
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Nail_Grenade
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Dynamite_Pack

Upvote 0
Berserker could have a flashbang that stuns zeds. Alternatively, throwing knives.

Still feel tomahawks are more fun than throwing knives. It seems more fitting for a zerker to throw mini axes.

Anyway here is what i think

Support: Bloat Acid nades or some sort of makeshift nade that coats zeds in a scent which makes the swarm attack them (useful for fleshpounds if you want to make the wave your advantage). Or to be honest just ammo packs to be dropped by the support would suffice.

Commando: Flashbang sounds fine.

Firebug: Just as an alt grenade or maybe a change. Molotovs

Zerker: Tomahawks. Just small axes seem more right than throwing knives.

Demo: Anti tank nades they are nicknamed "stickybombs" they were made to stick on tanks and since alot of zeds have metal on them they could stick to zeds and make them a walking bomb.

Sharpshooter: Don't know.

Medic: Fine with health nades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Medics new grenades kinda remind me of
7810-707-Roach-Bomb-7_5oz.png

Upvote 0

I've loved the idea of throwing knives for Berserker ever since I first heard it. I think I'm in love with the stunning Commando grenades spoken of here. Stunning and temporarily revealing stalkers and Patriarch? That's like, genius. As for the Support grenades, I'm pretty neutral. Nail grenades seem alright, I suppose. +1 for Trotsy's thread :cool:

Upvote 0
Zerker: Tomahawks. Just small axes seem more right than throwing knives.

I like the idea of throwing axes, too, but then you question the idea of weight. 5 throwing axes, assuming that's all you carry, aren't light in reality, and wouldn't really match in terms of effectiveness. I agree the Berserker needs a nerf or two here or there, but an axe that kills never more than 1 lesser specimen isn't much compared to a grenade that can kill several, if used correctly. You'd have to carry more than 5 throwing axes if Tripwire desired to provide equal effectiveness. IMAGINE 10 THROWING AXES HANGING FROM YOUR BELT. lol Obviously this is a game and if you want TOTAL reality you can join your country's military forces or something, but some sticklers would probably complain and whine all over the place over this.

My only point for all of this is that 10 throwing knives is more justifiable in terms of weight. I do agree that throwing axes would probably be a bit cooler. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the idea of throwing axes, too, but then you question the idea of weight. 5 throwing axes, assuming that's all you carry, aren't light in reality, and wouldn't really match in terms of effectiveness. I agree the Berserker needs a nerf or two here or there, but an axe that kills never more than 1 lesser specimen isn't much compared to a grenade that can kill several, if used correctly. You'd have to carry more than 5 throwing axes if Tripwire desired to provide equal effectiveness. IMAGINE 10 THROWING AXES HANGING FROM YOUR BELT. lol Obviously this is a game and if you want TOTAL reality you can join your country's military forces or something, but some sticklers would probably complain and whine all over the place over this.

My only point for all of this is that 10 throwing knives is more justifiable in terms of weight. I do agree that throwing axes would probably be a bit cooler. :p

Well currently nades don't really have an effect on the weight in kf. So aslong as they stay in the nades category and not end up like pimp bombs. All will be good.

Upvote 0
really? support is for me because of flashlight.

support flares

sharpie nailbomb

commando stun

It's just that commando can see stalkers in the dark as if they're in daylight, and also see and easily hit any zed in pitch-black darkness thanks to his healthbar vision.

Why stun the trash when it's so easy to kill anyway?

Because he has small windows of opportunities to focus on larger zeds in the middle of the trash wave. For

Upvote 0