• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Adjust the Husk's aim based on certain factors

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
Right now he's a total aimbot, on any difficulty. Here's a couple of suggestions regarding this, with the latter more something I'd like to see:

1. Give him lower accuracy on lesser difficulties.

2. If he takes damage while charging up his attack, his accuracy is affected by either the amount of damage taken or the frequency of the damage (fast firing pistols and automatic weapons would lower his accuracy more).
Of course the second option would add a little bit more depth to the gameplay, though it would require more work. Note that I'm not suggesting the Husk be 'nerfed' as such; if necessary his fire rate or damage could be increased to compensate. I'm just interested in something that will add a little bit of variety to different difficulties or the gameplay in general.

Thoughts?

Reactions: sverek and _Duke_
Its Murphy's Law, he can only hit you: -
- when you are on 40 HP and desperately trying to get out of sight to heal
- on the very second you click heal so half of it is lost
- at the exact moment you go for a headshot on a Fleshpound
- right at the start of the round (from anywhere) so you only have 50% armour left
- when you jump near a window and get propelled outside by the blast

All other times they will miss.

Upvote 0
Its Murphy's Law, he can only hit you: -
- when you are on 40 HP and desperately trying to get out of sight to heal
- on the very second you click heal so half of it is lost
- at the exact moment you go for a headshot on a Fleshpound
- right at the start of the round (from anywhere) so you only have 50% armour left
- when you jump near a window and get propelled outside by the blast

All other times they will miss.

Seconded.

Upvote 0
Well, he's aim is... uneven. He can predict normal player movement with aimbot accuracy, even on great distances. Even with lots of strafing and jumping, usually you'll get some of the splash damage from the projectile exploding near you.

Then, all you have to do is jump on a car or get on a ledge and stand still, he'll miss every time no matter how little the distance is. Also, when in close quarters, his shots are ridiculously easy to jump over.

Upvote 0
Well, he's aim is... uneven. He can predict normal player movement with aimbot accuracy, even on great distances. Even with lots of strafing and jumping, usually you'll get some of the splash damage from the projectile exploding near you.

Then, all you have to do is jump on a car or get on a ledge and stand still, he'll miss every time no matter how little the distance is. Also, when in close quarters, his shots are ridiculously easy to jump over.

Yes, high grounds is the best protection against husks. I would like to see a change to this one

Upvote 0
For real? I've always found his fireballs pretty hard to dodge since he leads his target, and the fact that they do AoE damage.

Bah.

Like said, they lead their target but that can be used against them. Just before he fires you simply start running to the opposite direction and his shot goes the wrong way. That of course depends on the range, if he is very close by its rather impossible to avoid being hit unless you can get behind an obstacle, but on longer distances its pretty easy to dodge.

Also, if you are on top of an obstacle that is high above the ground, he simply cant hit you because there is no surface for the projectile to collide with. Because, from what Ive seen, husk projectiles only collide with level geometry and static meshes, but not players. So, you could be sitting on a traffic sign and he couldnt hit you, unless there was a wall right behind you.

It would be great if the fireball WOULD collide with players so you couldnt avoid being hit simply by being on higher ground.

Upvote 0
I donno, I'm pretty sure I've seen people get directly hit with a Husk blast. Hell, I think I've eaten one in the face before.

Anyway, I think a lot of games train the intuitive reaction to shoot someone about to attack you (like, say, coin-op gun games), so I've caught myself trying to unload on a Husk that's charging up a shot either at me or a teammate. It'd be a nice addition but not necessary.

Upvote 0
I donno, I'm pretty sure I've seen people get directly hit with a Husk blast. Hell, I think I've eaten one in the face before.

Anyway, I think a lot of games train the intuitive reaction to shoot someone about to attack you (like, say, coin-op gun games), so I've caught myself trying to unload on a Husk that's charging up a shot either at me or a teammate. It'd be a nice addition but not necessary.

Haha, yeah... too much Virtua Cop, Area 51, Lethal Enforcers, Generation X, Terminator II gun games!

I do the same thing rofl.

+1 for bringing me back down to memory lane!

Upvote 0