• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

Thanks Miro..
I must say that too many people are focusing on the negative and missing the huge positives..

TWI like any other developer need to make money in order to provide not only for their own staff but to make enough to build new games.

Therefore they have built a new version of RO that will be far more accessible to a great many more gamers than the previous version.
And offer a real solid future to the overall franchise by making it that much more popular to the mainstream gamer.

Despite what others may be posting I don't believe that MW2 gamers will simply flock to this game because they'll be able pawn us all with a particular weapon.
The Red Orchestra series will remain for many, a game they can't just turn up and win immediately because it will still take patience and time to fully apprecitae the game and excel at it.

What I do believe however is that this game will be a complete revelation to many new gamers who do try it out after playing other games series like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honour and the other more arcade like shooters.
Simply because it will look and feel like any other true AAA title but provide so much more depth and complexity and that is the thing I believe that TWI have been clever in doing with this new game.

Many new gamers will look at all the new footage and screens and read all the info and say this game looks "Awesome" I'll pick up my gun and go rampaging through these maps and own everyone but in reality they pick up their gun and die 10 seconds later because they failed to find cover.

So now they have a decision to make go back to being "a one man army" on MW2 or learn to play ROHoS, a game that will offer them an incredible amount more with regards to gameplay depth.
I believe we'll see a huge amount of new players take that challenge up.
And I for one will welcome that boost to our overall community.

Diversity is the spice of life..So the more new RO players merrier I say..:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stop arguing about things that aren't even sure of being like you guyz are stating in a final product or beta stage.

There's no-one doing that right now. We can all draw our own speculations and conclusions only based on the information we have avaible for us, and that's the problem. We have only seem rough features which on paper can vary between being decent\great and being highly out of place, depending how they are implemented regarding their functions.

Or since when questioning about something that seems somewhat silly for the moment is stating it as the final truth? I am pretty sure everyone who is being somewhat critical about few features might be pleasantly surprised in the following months when they'll reveal more information. Our only sources of information are purely based on what TWI devs have said and what the Gamescon footage shows us in it's rough form and none of us have real gameplay experience how it truly works out. There is no final judgement passed anywhere, merely questions about are they really going to pull this one off properly as on paper (and facts based on the videos) it still has plenty of unpolished corners. Obviously if they fix the stuff for the release and it turns out to be truly great, there's no-one at loss. Sceptics are probably pleasantly surprised and the others can say "I told you so!" ;)

Upvote 0
Well said Butch. There won't be another game like ROHOS out there.

For everything I may have a concern about, there are at least 10 more things that are just going to be awesome.

This game should attract a much larger audience, much faster than ROOST did and that means more players, and more and more servers that will be populated with a variety of Realism and Relaxed Realism gameplay, spread out over a longer time period.

It also would mean more talent for the map and mod community. Looking back (way back) on COD/UO I realize now how quickly I would have become bored of that game were not for the mappers and the mod community such as the German Front Mod or AfterHourz with their large maps and their CNQ gameplay. I'm sure that TWI will offer the same great support to the creative end of our community as they did in ROOST and we can then expect great things on that end after the game is released.

It would have been nice to see some footage from the Realism standpoint however instead of just reading about those features. Maybe we will get lucky in the near future to see some of that gameplay.

Upvote 0
Show the devs some respect and stop whining like kids about every single aspect.
Either its someone complaining about the game being too realistic or someone complaining about it being too arcade... pathetic.

Just wait until you've had a hands on and for god sake we'll have server options, too what extent isn't known but customization will be there , rest assured.

Upvote 0
Oh, I saw a command rose, which is really a good thing.

Almost the same rose from Battlefield 2, which you didnt saw back anymore in Bad company 2 (major fail of that developer). I'm glad Tripwire takes good ideas from other games and try to really implement them.

Looking to the players that play ROOST at the moment...and how good they are, imagine the slaughter of tons of noobs by the old elite community in ROHOS hehe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the adjustable sights I guess there won't be any help do determine what the ranges are and we'll have to guess the enemy range? We'll probably get used to it though just like it was with tanks(after some training).
I would hope not. They didn't have laser range finders back then. :)

Edit: Now part one isn't working. Grr... :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have to say i'm in agreement with milo and butchcassidy.

We go off the deep end about things without ever checking or thinging, which would be fine if info was right - we had all the recon plane stuff then it comes out it will behave different in game as that it was just to demo it

Now we are off about weapons - doesn't anyone think that if TW took the trouble to vist grain elevator for research purposes they would have checked whether this or that weapon was avaible at the time - course they would - dont even have to vist russia for that info.

What i've seen so far goes way beyond what was expected, new gameplay modes look good and will add to game & if we dont like em or they dont play like expected well server op's will turn that mode off.

Graphically looks stunning, transposing danzig to stalingrad is fine by me - remember there will be loads of maps made once it's released.

Spotter planes - artilleiry looks good will have to wait for a beta to get a hands on feel for how it works - and wonder if this will be tied to player numbers - as was stated in a earlier write up that some things will only be available as player numbers are reached.

One thing about plane no ones asked as far as i can see is can it be shot down ?

The destrucable stuff sounds awesome - wonder if bazooka/ Panzerfa

Last edited:
Reactions: Miro! and DraKon2k
Upvote 0
Show the devs some respect and stop whining like kids about every single aspect.
Either its someone complaining about the game being too realistic or someone complaining about it being too arcade... pathetic.

Just wait until you've had a hands on and for god sake we'll have server options, too what extent isn't known but customization will be there , rest assured.

Yes, because feedback is crying!

Wait, no...

Upvote 0
I don't know why you all are freaking out at the recon plane so much. It's not going to appear instantly in the map, and (unlike CoD) it only detects units outside. I say this is way better than any other recon plane implemented in a game. PLUS, I bet all the commander abilities can be toggled via server admin???

Two quick questions about it though:

1: Is it going to be visible/heard?
2:Is there going to be a way to counter/destroy it?
Yes and yes :)

Upvote 0