• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst weapon

I think it might just be that one guy.

A hunting shotty, in the hands of a lvl 6 support, one hit kills everything short of a scrake and a fp at point blank range. Including all 5 of your other teammates if ff is on. Or it would at least **** them up pretty badly.

It takes 3 alt-fires to down a suicidual fp even on SOLO. If a speciman is not up at your face, you wont aim for the head as you can down anything with alt-fire other than fps and scrakes. Ah, and you need the penetration power of shotguns.

If a fp or scrake is not up at your face, you wont choose to aim for the head as you just end up missing most of the bullets. Yeah, and you cant take down fps or scrakes on 4-6man suicidual game before they damage you without teamate's help.

The one who really do serious damage to scrakes and fps is sharpshooter. No other perks can do enough damage to the big ones on their own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It takes 3 alt-fires to down a suicidual fp even on SOLO. If a speciman is not up at your face, you wont aim for the head as you can down anything with alt-fire other than fps and scrakes. Ah, and you need the penetration power of shotguns.

If a fp or scrake is not up at your face, you wont choose to aim for the head as you just end up missing most of the bullets. Yeah, and you cant take down fps or scrakes on 4-6man suicidual game before they damage you without teamate's help.

The one who really do serious damage to scrakes and fps is sharpshooter. No other perks can do enough damage to the big ones on their own.
Yeah that's true. The hunty isn't overpowerd in any way.

Upvote 0

So...yeah. You basically rehashed what I just said. Lvl 6 support with hunting shotty alt fire kills anything in, more or less, one shot aside from scrakes and fp's.

the lawl by far.

I see what you did thar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh come on guys.
Hunting shotty? Really?
I don't think you understand the concept of this thread: it's about useless weapons.
Bad weapons. Weapons that are more likely to get you killed than the enemies. Like the LAW.
Obsolete weapons. Weapons with blatant upgrades so you'll never fall back to them. Like the machete.

The hunting shotgun is not such a weapon, if anything it's a prime example for a good weapon because each shotgun has a very distinct, unique function and neither of them is just an upgrade over the other.

Now try a little harder please.
The next person to mention the m14 wins a free roundhouse kick into the teeth btw.
We get that you don't like the m14 because it's too good but that hardly makes it useless now does it.
This is not a "baww I don't liek this weapons, its too good"-thread.

I do not think you understood me, I said IN MY OPINION. You can think that useless weapon is whatever, for me is hunting shotgun. When I fire and miss, I`d be preatty much dead before reload. Savi ?

Upvote 0
Ummm....I say proabably dual 9mm is the worst (even more than the LAW or machete).

The hunting shotgun is really not too good, but has its uses.

And there are some weapons that rent good, and even some bad ones in KF, but none of them compare to the pointlessness of akimbo 9mm.
I don't know, Dual 9mm is pretty tasty for getting a lot of spam headshots. the only reason i don't use them is because i'd rather use 4 blocks for a handcannon or dual HCs rather than the dual 9mm

Upvote 0
Grenades, they have a tiny blast radius specimens can easily avoid them and even if they are at the feet of something they only take out like clots, crawlers and stalkers which is ridiculous considering there price on higher difficulties. Also they have really bad collision and often rebound off team mates instead of flying over them.

Upvote 0
Dual 9mm are not so worst especially if you don't use it, if you found one you can just sell it to trader to make some money.

The presence of the Machete is fun, so isn't useless ^^
Also using machete or axe can change from the katana when you play berzerker a lot.
Note that only the axe and katana have extra range, 90 and 95, all other melee weapons have a reach of 70.

Ak unaccurate? Use iron sight -50% spread, use single shot -15%, crouch for another -15%. (this is valid for almost all ranged weapons, but not sure)
Though not recommended without the commando perk and the recoil reduction.

I agree with chainsaw and law.

Upvote 0
LAW, in terms of damage and effective-ness, perk weps are superior.

Grenades, not completely useless, but i wouldn't rely on them.
I use them to break welded doors , Clear a pathway making use of the "Avoid nade" AI pathing + its blast radius. Can actually push an fp or scrake down a ledge, which is cool if ya ain't a sharpie and in o crap situations or if there's an fp wailing its arms and there's no sharpie, its not bad to spam nade to soften it up even more before it starts charging. It may also make it run around in circles if u block it's path giving ya time to spam wateva ya have.

Chainsaw, too much weight, slows ya down and in terms of damage, katana seems to be superior.

And on the hunting shotgun note... Its not useless, its ma fav wep in the game. There's nothing better than blasting 8-10 zeds in one alt fire / taking on a raged fp/scrake and blasting them 5-8 feet away. Its probably the way you use it or when you use it, give it time, learn the gun and you'l probably see it in a different light. Not saying you suck, but its just as good as an m14 for sharpie/ scar for mando/ katana for zerkers. Hell i prefer it over the aa12, and i've completed many hard and suicidal games with just pump action + HS.

Dual 9mms are imba, if ya know where the center of ya screen is and pull off consecutive headshots, then it is, Otherwise, there are better options such as Dual HCs.

Machete, got more range than a knife, less than an axe/katana/chainsaw. Usefulness? not much since the range isn't that significant, its just free 100 dosh.

So..my votes are LAW ,machete, chainsaw

Upvote 0