• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

cheats/hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

[BW-UK]NorS

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Culdet find a tred about it, mightbe there are...:)

Iwe was a ro player for 3 years, but i just culdent bother any more. There are so many hacks out, and it ruend the game. Iwe done serch for hacks and found plenty of the, for those who says there isent. Enoug of that...

I sincerly hope ther will bee a good anti cheat system ! One that gets updated and acktualy works.

too many cheats and hacks in RO?! ive played for 4 years and ive never once come across anyone using a hack or cheat. i doubt we will see any in HoS

I would agree here. I'm not saying there weren't any, but I never ever suspected that anyone was even remotely using a hack or cheat. In other words, it was so rare that I would even consider it non-existent and definitely not a problem.

Upvote 0
Iwe done serch for hacks and found plenty of the, for those who says there isent. Enoug of that...

If you find one that actually works you can come again and report it to one of the moderators. (I would like a notice too though :/ )

To my knowledge all publically available hacks are not functional anymore. I fixed several once with the AntiBS mutator, which only some days later got fixed by TWI in a patch, and later on some with the Exterminator mutator.

There are cheats, but tbh. most who complain about cheating in RO wouldnt even know where to look for signs of cheats.

Upvote 0
The anti-cheat system used in Ost worked fine in the 3 years I played it, i've never seen/heard of anyone who hacked and got away with it, there was even a guy on ROL who changed his settings so he could see through some obstacles, but even he got caught

Yes, there were exploits in the game like being able to instantly bolt your rifle with a sprint trick and the dolphin dive, but those were corrected with updates

Then there were some things that seemed like cheats but were really just bugs in the game, like being able to see thru smoke if you looked through glass, and having no recoil for the ppsh if your fps was below 15 (approx), but again, these were faults in the game itself and these sorts of things are going to appear in games once in a while

Upvote 0
As much as the whole thread sounds like a troll, I personally haven't seen anyone cheating with 3rd party hacks or cheats in proper sense of the word and there has been only one (1) case I've had some suspicion over one guy in a public game in the past four (4) years, but even then I came to the conclusion he just probably had been playing the mod and the retail (overall) alot longer to hipshoot people at quite interesting ranges.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Saying there are no hacks goes a bit overboard, its just that the regular ones you google do not really work.

I know of some people that blatantly used a wall hack, yet to this day remain unbanned by vac. So there are definitely working hacks out there. Its just that you won't find them that easily by simply googling for them.

Vac is sufficient for public play and keeps most issues out of bay, however for competitive play some more extensive anti cheat would be desired. Like for instance X-ray anti cheat (http://www.xraygaming.com/) or DMW (http://www.dmwworld.com), where human admins can actually go and investigate into a player, after he's been accused for cheating or whatever. Especially certain configuration file settings can be annoying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So there are definitely working hacks out there. Its just that you won't find them that easily by simply googling for them.

I doubt anyone would deny that but rather point out that generally speaking when it comes to average public server and average player the odds to see a cheater are nonexistant compared to some other game E.G.

Competitive gaming is bit diffrent story, as I've also heard some cases where people have been using stuff like that.

Upvote 0
I never had the feeling someone had a wallhack/aimbot running in RO. Even thought there may be some hacks out there, RO:Ost simply is a game where conventional cheating doesn't give you a big advantage and is, in most cases, not even noticeable.

This can't be said about config "tweaking" (cheating) to see through smoke or other glitching.
And yes I'm looking at last one clan here. Additional FOV zoom when in Iron sights anyone? (this was in 2007, thought, the mentality stays the same)

Upvote 0
There's no universal experience in gaming with cheaters online, but they do obviously exist.

I can't understand the allure to cheat, as then one's gaming experience just becomes a parody of itself. Maybe there's less cheating in historically derived games like RO, because those that are drawn to them are wanting to experience that "suspension of disbelief". In this regards, I've personally never been drawn to fantasy/futuristc/sci-fi games for the very reason that I find it difficult to suspend my disbelief over something I already know is fantasy based. Not to highjack this thread, but I'm sure everyone is aware that the great trend in FPS games these days is to portray covert, or special force operations, either contemporary or "future" iterations. As I see it, the reason this has become so appealing to game developers, is that there's little need to substantiate the gameplay experienced in them against any fact-based measurables such as weapon performance, theaters of operations, politics, or the plauasability of their basic plot lines when they're about "covert", "classified", "special ops", or "futuristic" *combat*.......by design these games are beyond comparison (literally).

Again, perhaps this might be why there's less drive to cheat/hack historically-based games (as compared to the fantasy/futuristic/sci-fi genres), because in doing so the player's basis for any suspension of disbelief is jeopardized, which is something that other games have already dispensed with by the core basics of their designs.

(or maybe cheaters/hackers arejust attracted to the most popular genres......which for me is ok too) ;)

Upvote 0
cheats/haxs are hard to notice @ FFA, but some clans used many things... AFAIR few clans have been banned for using them (cheats) on Roladder.net but... what's the problem to get new RO and play again...

Well to play again after being banned is quite a bit harder than just getting a new version of the game, and making a new account. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.