• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Looks awesome from the preview!

I think Tripwire should potentially look into free online advertising such as leaking trailers and content on youtube. We all know how quick we found out about the existing videos. If a trailer were released on youtube it would be a major hit and everyone would enjoy it. Just make sure its not all cinematics, cause people actually want to see what the game looks like. And show some examples of interesting things that make RO HoS pop out from other FPSs out there.

Upvote 0
^ it's called social media marketing. it costs nothing more than to pay somebody to constantly update the systems being used to market to the masses. cheap, effective, and relatively easy way to advertise. mark my words, one day that lightbulb will go off and you'll see it happening and expect to see the massive benefits. it's one of the fastest growing trends in the business, even a small company like TW will pick up on it eventually ;)

Upvote 0
In the mod those 2 things didn't exist, and the game play change their addition brought to the game is one of the parts i truly dislike about roost. Those features destroyed the ability to use stealth in the game, and the tension of not knowing what the enemy was doing.

I do not want an automatic alarm going off when a single enemy soldier secretly sneaks in the cap zone to try and take down all the enemies from behind. I do not want an automatic alarm going off when some enemies slipped past the front line and started capping an objective the enemies neglected to defend.

Sure make it easy to report what things are going on, and perhaps report some things automatically. But keep the ability to be able to surprise the enemy.

Game helping aids should never tell you information before anyone would have possibly witnessed it himself. I'm OK with systems bridging the gap between player noticing certain events that are important to the team and actually forget reporting about them. But those systems should not report something before anyone ever noticed it.

And in the situations where real teamwork and communication goes on, as seen on some public server communities in the past, Iron Crescendo and Clan/Unit matches. That a server can decide that players need to actually communicate among themselves to get an idea what is happening.

Currently in those cases, the systems intended to increase the teamwork, will actually have an opposite effect. And restrict the freedom and ingenuity of the tactical aspect of the game. As the critical war for knowledge has been taken out of the picture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is why I hope that the "Realistic Realism" version will pretty much not tell you information that would otherwise need to be actually found out and shared among the team itself, but rather makes people find out for themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do not want an automatic alarm going off when a single enemy soldier secretly sneaks in the cap zone to try and take down all the enemies from behind. I do not want an automatic alarm going off when some enemies slipped past the front line and started capping an objective the enemies neglected to defend.

This is something that really needs to be addressed into HoS.

Upvote 0
I agree with Zetsumei.

I think this would be a good way to do it:

When you want to recapture a zone, there should be two capture "phases" (think Crysis Wars).

Say the Germans have captured an area. A Russian walks in, but nothing gives the Russian away.

If the Russian sits in the zone long enough, the area will no longer up under German control, but it won't be under Russian control.

At this point, a message should be displayed saying that the Germans have lost the zone/area.

The Russians then have to wait for another capture bar to fill. When the second bar is filled, the zone is then captured/considered Russian.

Upvote 0
Nah... the way us old fogeys used to do it was to actually have people inside the capzones reporting what is happening there... no blinkie maps to tell you something is being capped, no need for announcements or any of that other crap. Having to actually cover a capzone with soldiers requires teamwork and communication.. it plays out totally differently than what we have now.

What happens now is people stack and constantly pull up the map in order to see where the enemy is capping.. then they go rushing over to address the enemy. Magically knowing the enemy is capping a zone without anybody there is kinda silly and it definately changed the way we played the game going from the mod to ROOST. Features were added that allowed the player to act as a single entity.

Upvote 0
That could really **** up the gameplay though.

facepalm.jpg

Upvote 0
Fuck I wish people would stop using those godawful memes constantly. How about you say why you disagree with me instead of using some bullshit off 4chan?

I never played the mod so I'll admit I never tried it without. Maybe it would be better. More options is always best that's for sure.

I know I enjoyed playing on servers without a scoreboard and kill notifications. Now THAT was awesome. Encouraged teamwork and made it so you didn't know if that nade you threw killed the guy hiding behind the rock or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, for whats it worth, here's my two cents.
I would like to see the game have players rely on their teammates and instincts rather than maps and stats, etc.
I believe it would work and force,(if you will) communication and unite players. One side wins and one loses, that's it.
I've personally never been a fan or care much about how many kills, hints or any kind of easier softer way.
There is a certain beauty in simplicity and sometimes, less is more.

I've yet to find a WW2 era fps game with realism that I feel is right for me. RO came very close and so I have high hopes for HOS.

Upvote 0
i'm all for showing someone his kills etc on the scoreboard. But i prefer updating the scoreboard only when the round is over or when you're dead.

So that servers that disable death messages, truly stop a user from being able to see if he made a kill. As currently the +1 in the scoreboard gives it away.

Even though a lot of people like death messages personally I would prefer if the realistic realism mode would only show death messages upon death. So that death messages cannot be used to see whether you killed that person through the wall or not. Or at the least delay the showing of death messages for a few seconds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0