• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea on how to combat players who fire directly into spawn.

TWB*JimMiller

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 15, 2008
Hello everyone, my idea would be to have reflective damage happen to anyone who fires directly into a enemy spawn zone. This isn't about accidental shots here and there, this is aimed to stop those that deliberately try to kill people who are spawning.

Regards,
TWB*JimMiller

I usually dont see spawn killing as much of a problem as in other games. I think RO is quite good in that most maps are made where the spawn in kept quite some distance away from the battlefield - the downside being that it is quite a trek to the battle, but upside is that usually enemies dont have the time or need to go to the spawn of their opposition because they're usually preoccupied with the more important objectives.

Some maps with the "minefields" (I think its predominantly custom maps with it) when you enter the enemy spawn can get quite annoying - many a time have I been holding ground and my allies have lost the point and suddenly I am alerted that I have "entered a minefield" (without actually moving) and suddenly blown to bits. I think if that system was to be implemented that it would have to be better - sometimes unknowingly you run into what you wouldnt think is a "spawn point" and the minefield warnings are usually insufficient.

Upvote 0
Make the maps work in the first place, like they do in the current RO, and it will be fine.

except that almost every stock map in RO has bugged spawn protection in one way or another......but it's like 90% of what it should be, so used as a base, then fixed to make sure it's bug-proof and there should never be problems for HOS

Upvote 0
That idea is not good. Yes I am not fun of spawn killing but if enemy is sly enough why not. If map design allow it, than it should be as it is.

War is unfair event itself.

I totally agree with PETERPANs, I'm not a big fan of spawn killing, but as he said if the enemy is sly enough, why not? It's up to us as skilled soldiers to remove the sniper etc from our spawn position.

Also it comes down to poor map design, but often I'm a last man standing/holding out, and the enemy has began spawning near by, what am I to do? Surrender? Or go down shooting? I'd rather be called a spawn camper then type suicide in the console...

Upvote 0
right, i also think it should be left up to mappers to design their maps so that the ability to spawn exit camp is limited. yes it's map design and of course, people can always choose whether or not they want to play the map depending on how "proper" the map layout is. i doubt clans would compete on a map where spawns have nothing to provide cover or keep enemies far enough outside a spawn area......:D

but something like protection within spawn should apply to any map that could ever be made, custom and stock alike. granted a mapper could make a custom and accidentally put a playerstart point outside of a protected area creating a vunerable spawn. this can happen and we've all seen it happen not just on custom maps but stock maps as well. a player spawning and can instantly be killed should never be possible. has nothing to do with exit camping, just whether or not spawn zones have proper protection or not.

of course there'll probably end up being spawn bugs on maps like there was in ROOST, but hopefully this time around all the stock maps are 100% confirmed BEFORE released, that players can't get spawn killed. testing exit camping will come as maps are played more and more by large numbers of players. and once bugs are found, which there's bound to be bugs, i just hope that for this game, we'll see them fixed much quicker than we did in ROOST.......remember, Zhitomir1941 church park russian spawn, Kuakasus first german spawn etc......some stock maps still have never been fixed :D

Upvote 0