• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

May Patch Changelog

are the new vehicles and at guns available in the editor? or are they map related?

hoorray for new death sounds and new mainscreen!

All custom content will also be available in the editor for other community mappers to use including the at guns and new vehicles.

Great update, but why is the BT7 only in Berezina, it would be nice to see it in other early war maps (bondarevo?).

We're not adding any of the custom content to the official maps at this time. I'm sure you'll see lots of custom maps using this content in the future though.

Upvote 0
I have some questions about the music:

1. What kind of music is it? It better not be techno or dance music. War games need music that classical. You know like in COD we had great music, if it's anything like that I will be happy.

2. Will it be event driven? I know that in UT2004 we had the option of music getting more up beat in combat, and slow and steady in non combat.

Judging that it's "Red Orchestra" and not "Red Techno DJ" or "Red Rock Band," I think we can pretty much be sure we're getting an orchestral score.

Congrats TW! Now take a vacation.

Oh, BTW: On the lack of 3D sound for friendly voice coms. I would think the reason for this is you would loose coordination with your team. If you have 3D sound, you wouldn't hear what your teammate was saying when you're across the map (which admitadly is more realistic, but bad for gameplay). So it's either one or the other, and TW decided that gameplay would be the way to go.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify: The 3D sound thing refers to 3D when using the in-built commands.

They could, as before, have text pop up when soldiers say something. To have a voice, bang!, inside your head yelling, just confuses.

Just let the text come onto the screen, as always, but let the sound tell you if the yeller is near, and if yes, where he is. Then you listen... and act accordingly. It makes the sound into a meaningful element.

Right now, you hear "Greenaaaaaade!"... and just shrug. "Grenade you say? Heh! That could be anywhere. It's a big map, you see. Here, there, anywhere, I don't care." That's actually quite annoying.

Well, maybe it's a careless run'n gun attitude they want to nourish...

Upvote 0
Oh, BTW: On the lack of 3D sound for friendly voice coms. I would think the reason for this is you would loose coordination with your team. If you have 3D sound, you wouldn't hear what your teammate was saying when you're across the map (which admitadly is more realistic, but bad for gameplay). So it's either one or the other, and TW decided that gameplay would be the way to go.

when you hear an enemy insult, you know he is nearby and you will be carefull. but when a friendly screams "grenade", nobody knows where it is. and the guys on the other side of the map don't need to know what you are saying on voicemessage. important things are told by the teammessage anyway. ;)

Upvote 0
Much of this sounds very nice indeed. However, I didn't see that anything has been done with the lack of 3D sound for voice commands... The fact that u only hear the enemy in 3D sound. Is that the case? If so, why no change? If fixed... HOORAY!!!
Yes, WHY WHY WHY?!!! I have almost cried every time since the last three/four patches, when the team didnt change the voicecommands into 3D voices.. :(
I still dont understand why, such a simple task for implementing more realism, is that hard to do? Or is it hard? PLz anwer this.... I swear to my self and it gets me very annoyed every time I play the game.
Plz for the love of god, developement -team, make it like it was in the mod!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
don't know about you guys, but I know of no other computer game company that is as good as these guys at TWI. I mean, it's 14 months post-release and we are still getting great content and fixes and stuff.

the mod community is going strong as well. I just don't see a downside. someone pinch me! :D
And we're not finished yet :)

Upvote 0
Quick question: Is this the same soundtrack as the RO soundtrack that I blared for months while playing the game in... think 3.2. That with a few choice UT tracks made an excellent play list.

Completely new?
Some old tracks + new?
All old tracks + new (please)?

Edit: If you haven't heard it/of it, I found an active mirror with it.
http://www.fileplanet.com/filelist.aspx?s=100139&v=0

Last edited:
Upvote 0