• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

Grenades

Grenades

I think that grenades need to be totally revamped.

Well, not totally, but, they need to be more realistic in certain aspects.

For one, they need to make more of a noise when they hit hard objects. How many times have I died because I didnt get out of the way when no 'clink' was to be heard (as would be expected of a 1lb metal object slamming against concrete)?

Also, they seem to just stick to the ground where they are thrown. Realistically, they should bounce way more and perhaps even roll around a bit. It has the feel as if they are being thrown onto a mattress when they hit concrete or wooden floors. This can be annoying when the visuals are the only indication of a ball of death being hurled your way. Not only thay, but they are very static visuals at that, they dont roll around or move very much. Perhaps this would be hard to solve, but adding more of a clinking sound to them hitting hard objects would be both easy and benefitial, and above all realistic. Hearing the clink of a grenade is the best way to know you have to run away and fast. We dont get very much of that as it is.

Upvote 0
Greanade suggestions

Greanade suggestions

Increase the time switching to grenade,make it like it 3 or more seconds and/or avoid switching to nade while moving, thus preventing "ah enemy first let me throw a grenade" situtation.

Second ,i wonder why grenades have only two effects on players; one is concussion you hear your man moaning but nothing serious happens,second is you die...
Wouldnt it be nice if grenades could wound you in the leg hand etc. also,i its fragments are like poisoned right now, if one penetrates you u die i think it should be a little complicated than that....

P.S:I hate now the freaking grenade range,i know its been discussed before but look how beatiful the gameplay becomes in maps like Warsaw(no nade) then think warsaw with grenades and imagine how the gameplay would ****,and become a fragfest.

Upvote 0
I don't even play the no nade maps anymore. It irritates me that a perfectly legitimate tool for room clearing is removed.

As for what I wish they'd change, it'd be nice if nades bounced, rolled, and didn't have clipping issues. How many times have you tossed a nade next to an enemy only to have it explode and do absolutely zero damage.

Upvote 0