• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

Germans should have the faustpatrone for early war maps, while russians should have PTRD's and anti-tank grenades.

Faustpatrone production:
1943-1945

So it is a mid to late war weapon. This peticular weapon because of its odd shaped warhead had a tendency to deflect off sloped armor. This was later fixed on later models.

range:30m (100 ft.)
penetration:140mm (5.5 in.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Faustpatrone production:
1943-1945

So it is a mid to late war weapon. This peticular weapon because of its odd shaped warhead had a tendency to deflect off sloped armor. This was later fixed on later models.

range:30m (100 ft.)
penetration:140mm (5.5 in.)
Development of the Faustpatrone started in the summer of 1942 at the German company HASAG with the development of the smaller forerunner-prototype called "Gretchen" ("Little Gretel") by a team headed by Dr. Heinrich Langweiler in Leipzig.

We should atleast have it for 1942 maps.

Upvote 0
Development of the Faustpatrone started in the summer of 1942 at the German company HASAG with the development of the smaller forerunner-prototype called "Gretchen" ("Little Gretel") by a team headed by Dr. Heinrich Langweiler in Leipzig.

We should atleast have it for 1942 maps.

Keep reading heres the second part:

Other designations of this weapon were Faustpatrone 1 or Panzerfaust 30 klein; however, it was common to refer to this weapon simply as the Faustpatrone. 20,000 were ordered and the first 500 Faustpatronen were delivered by the manufacturer, HASAG Hugo Schneider AG, Werk Schlieben, in August 1943.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now it is getting funny. PzB 39 outperforms a Solothurn. Not bad.

I think although Im not sure of this the PTRD was based off the German ATR( both 39 and 38 had the same penetration) design. I am pretty sure the PTRD had 2 different ammo types i will look that up later.

P.S.: This thread is about RPGs.
Jawohl! The Soviet RPGs 40 and 43 would be a great add to the game thanks for posting this thread and for the detailed information.

-Happy Thanksgiving everybody-:)

Upvote 0
And of course, the germans used AT grenades as well.

Panzerhandgranaten 41

atg1.jpg

Panzerwurfmine and the Panzerwurfmine Kz

atg2.jpg

although, AT grenades were very impractical... and i hope they won't become some super weapon in game.

Upvote 0