• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-Zavod (screens)

Well, my puter is pretty high-end so i can't tell you much except I was 100fps + throughout.

What I did notice, however, were the following things:

When I was on the gantry looking at the windows opposite, I noticed that they had some weird effect on them - only when I stood up - from ground level they looked fine:

zavod2.jpg

In the basement there was a dead end and the light looked weird - I think lighteffetc needs to be set to LE_quadraticnonincident so that the walls are lit up equally:

zavod1.jpg

also the chimneys need lowering:

zavod3.jpg

and you prolly need a darker/grungier sky box.

Upvote 0
So i got some basic objectives and botsupport working and playtested it all tonight. I had a blast =)
Sorry if i sound like a big fan of my own map but Zavod is the EXACT map i've been wanting to play for RO for oh-so-long so excuse me for enjoying it ;)
Here are a few screenies. I only had one objective working but the bots knew what to do so it played rather well on that objective atleast.. Screens are from the time I was defending.

1op7.jpg

2pv3.jpg

4dl9.jpg

3sw3.jpg

5sa4.jpg

6hv4.jpg

7bz8.jpg

8fx2.jpg

9un9.jpg

Upvote 0
It's good to love playing your own stuff Drevlin.

I see and love the quality in your brush and texture work.
It looks superb to me. I do read it's very Unreal, well i never played
Unreal nor did i played the RO mod. So to it just looks great.

The terrain and the hills however doesn't make it
with this brush and texturework. I would love to see some contrast in the snow.
Like bombcrater and don't forget to add some snow on the factory roof.
Cause it seems like theirs a lot of snow lately but it missed the roof.

Anyway two thumbs up for this map.

1op7.jpg

Upvote 0
Wont have the beta ready for this weekend. Bots are behaving... you know when you cut off the head of a chicken and they run around like crazy?
Thats how my bots are behaving atm.
I'm gonna be without a monitor for the weekend so i decided to hang out with my gf for a bit. I'm hoping to have the bots issued resolved next week and then you'll beta.
sorry if anyone was looking forward to it

Upvote 0