• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News From the Front

Wonderful news :D

So I clicked on the steam icon on my desktop and rewrote it to:
steam-beta ro

When I click on it then, it says that "Steam is temporarily unavailable, please try again."

Did I do it wrong? Or are there just a lot of people flooding the site?

thx,
Mac

(PS, if i don't rewrite it, it connects to Steam fine.)

Upvote 0
Pzt_Mac said:
Wonderful news :D

So I clicked on the steam icon on my desktop and rewrote it to:
steam-beta ro

When I click on it then, it says that "Steam is temporarily unavailable, please try again."

Did I do it wrong? Or are there just a lot of people flooding the site?

thx,
Mac

(PS, if i don't rewrite it, it connects to Steam fine.)

Make sure it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -beta ro with the space in there

Upvote 0
Must remember guys to close steam and restart it after changing the shortcut start lines.

I played last night on a 200 ping server and I had a great time (although the competition was very tough). The patch seems to have solved for me situations where I would fire at someone and my shots weren't registered even after using a full MP40 clip at close range.

Much happier now. Thanks Devs again. :)

Upvote 0
Have you a credit card???

The game is online via Steam. Demo not needed just break out your credit card and get online for some great fire fights.

If you want a pretty box, then search around or push your local retailer into carrying RO Ost Front. The game is the bees knees in online gaming. The patch just fixes a few little things to allow for a smoother blood letting experience.

Basically, buy online and enjoy... :)

Upvote 0
patch d/load shows as 65%!

patch d/load shows as 65%!

And it ain't moving --wats the problem guv!!:mad: Bin patiently sitting wondering if the servers be busy or i will have to reinstal everything--this is 1 thing i dun like bout patches in any game unless they have been tested properly-and please do'nt say that u do not have to use the beta at this point as the vast majority of servers are running it --if u dun have the game patched then u dun play-Please do not think i am disrespecting the game it is superb in comparison to the other ww2 shooters but if this d/load stays at 65% for ever then what am i to do??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I don't use any shortcuts to startup steam (I use the run command, starting it in below normal priorty, a fps boost trick for bad fps in DoD:S, don't know if it helps in ROOST though). However what will happen if I right click RO, under "My/Installed games", click properties, the select "Set launch options...", and add the -beta ro tag there? (I would test it out, but since I'm one of the few that had no problems with ZA, even before any patches, I would rather not try my luck and have to reinstall =\ )Thats what you normally do for all the HL/2 games, so you don't have to change you shortcut targets. Also, how many servers are running this beta patch?

Finswan
Yep i have credit card but if the game dont work on my pc i cant get refund.
It doesn't matter what PC your on, the game is tied to your account. As long a steam is installed a on ANY pc and you log in with the account that you have RO registered under, you can play it. Oh and yes you can't get a refund if you buy over steam, so I suggest getting the boxed version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0