• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News From the Front

Dont download the beta... my RO stopped working after the download of the beta. So I have to uninstall all of steam and download steam and RO again....and I only have 0,5mbit so it will take some time.

I just hope that it will work perfect after, becouse RO is one of the best games i had...so I do not only throw crap on the game :p

But again, it sucks!!

Upvote 0
Still no change for me.
And I am happy with my 1 gb ram.
Don't want to buy more for now.
I would ***** but I like the game too much and respect the guys who made it, so I won't.
I'll wait till I get a better system or there is a patch for this.
Going back to counter strike source now.

Just so you understand how frustrating this is, I just joined a server, after waiting for over 2 min to connect to it, and the round ended about 5 seconds after I joined. :) :) :) :)
I disconnected and came here to write this.
Cheers.

P.S
The Beta worked fine for me, but I will re-install RO now, because after tweaking the .ini file I got this terrible stuttering.

Upvote 0
falconik said:
look wot it says wen i try tp paste this into my desktop shortcut Red Orchrestra
- C:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe-applaunch 1200 -beta ro" I click ok n it says the name C:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe-applaunch" specified in the target box is not valid. Make shore the path and the file name are correct

"C:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 -beta ro

try this line...

Upvote 0
look wot it says wen i try tp paste this into my desktop shortcut Red Orchrestra
- C:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe-applaunch 1200 -beta ro" I click ok n it says the name C:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe-applaunch" specified in the target box is not valid. Make shore the path and the file name are correct
thats because your command line is a bit off

Your line: "C:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe-applaunch 1200 -beta ro"

Correct Line
"C:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 -beta ro

See the differance?

Ok, il give you the answer. First of all the second qutation mark (") should be direct after steam.exe, not after the entire line with the tags. Second, you have to have a space betwen the path and the tags (betwen steam.exe and -applaunch 1200 in this case).

hope it helps

Edit: darn, rattus beat me to it.

Upvote 0
after installing the patch and playing the game once i shut the computer down and then reboot later on when i play ro again it keeps going back to version 1000 so i shut steam down start steam up and it installs the patch again have to do this everytime to get it to the 1001 version and everyone in the clan im in have the same problem does anyone know why this is happening???????

Upvote 0
wombledieh@rd said:
after installing the patch and playing the game once i shut the computer down and then reboot later on when i play ro again it keeps going back to version 1000 so i shut steam down start steam up and it installs the patch again have to do this everytime to get it to the 1001 version and everyone in the clan im in have the same problem does anyone know why this is happening???????

No, this is because ether one of these possibilityes
1) Your steam starts with windows, after you played with the beta patch before reboot and restarted you computer steam started up and then "downgraded" ro
2) You start steam withour the -beta ro option in your shortcut. (same scenario as above will happend)
3) You start Red Orchestra without the -beta ro option in your shortcut.

Sollutions
1) Desable auto start with windows for steam. Only start steam with the -beta ro option in the shortcut for steam. then start red orchestra with the shortcut that has the -beta ro option.
2) Only start steam with the -beta ro option in the shortcut for steam. then start red orchestra with the shortcut that has the -beta ro option.
3) Simply do not start steam at all, just double click on the Red Orchestra shortcut with the -beta ro option enabled.

This should help.

Upvote 0
wtf? I just tried to start RO and it re-booted my pc after updating yet again. I have played with the beta pach the last few days with no problem apart from it having to update most times I start it. Now when I try to start RO again it tells me I need to download and install it again. I think onf the .gcf files has been deleted for some reason. :(

Upvote 0
JDM said:
wtf? I just tried to start RO and it re-booted my pc after updating yet again. I have played with the beta pach the last few days with no problem apart from it having to update most times I start it. Now when I try to start RO again it tells me I need to download and install it again. I think onf the .gcf files has been deleted for some reason. :(

I believe the same thing just happened to me. :confused:

Well, I guess I'll be re downloading...

Upvote 0