• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News From the Front

thecaptain_ps said:
Is there a way to uninstall or disable this beta patch? Myself and *many* others who installed it a few days ago are getting bluescreens/reboots (stop error in ntfs.sys) whenever we launch R.O., with or without the command line shortcut.

:(

Try deleting the file: \Steam\Clientregistry.blob, that helped for me.
My reboot problem desapaired after i did that.

If that helps any of you with these kind of problems (reboot, bsod etc) please reply here so other people can find the solution to

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you have trouble with the patch, make SURE steam dusnt start with windows (because the link windows uses to start up steam DUS NOT have the -ro beta line added.)

disable the 'start with windows' option in steam and from now on only use the short cuts to start steam it fixes most people blue screens.

DEV's could you maybe add a warning about that in the start post here? it would save a LOT of people a lot of grief i think.

Upvote 0

I am still getting

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2012 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video

SetFilePointer Failed 72/2748123: 72 The system cannot find the path specified.

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

when i TRY to start up RO I've put 2 posts in here and no one has yet to respond. i'm a little frustrated that I'm the only one still getting this. When it updates is it supposed to start at 99% and take about 2 minutes or should it start updating from 1%? Mine is starting at 99%.

Upvote 0
thecaptain_ps said:
Is there a way to uninstall or disable this beta patch? Myself and *many* others who installed it a few days ago are getting bluescreens/reboots (stop error in ntfs.sys) whenever we launch R.O., with or without the command line shortcut.

:(
Had the same problem. Changed the command from "C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -beta ro , which gave me the reboot error you guys seem to be getting TO THIS:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 -beta ro

Which does NOT give me an error (It will redownload the patch). Also it makes you steam shortcut immediately launch RO (which is fine for me).

Oh yeah and you definitely do not want steam launching with windows.

Hope this helps.

-Doob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mousey said:
Do I put it on the text line shown? Otherwise I have no idea where to put it if not there.

Again, if you can't see it, click on it, then in the new window click on it again.

no no, you were almost right last time:)

1.Make a shortcut of the steam.exe and put it on the desktop for example.
2.Then right click on the fresh shortcut.
3.go to "properties".
4.go to "shortcut"
5.add "beta -ro" like in the screenie below. Have a read in the very very first post for more info.

best of luck!:)

also, after you've done the stuff above I think you need to wait for steam to download the patch before you can play. You'll se a percentage progress bar in steam/red orchestra if that's the case...

Upvote 0