• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News From the Front

Yes I did restart steam it updates RO and i launch it gives me that error. still cannot run the game. and I would like to know why. I reinstalled the game completely and added the shortcuts. Still doesnt work. :(

Great now i get this when i try 2 start the game thru the exe in system-

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2012 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (7777)

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

and this when i try 2 start through steam-

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2012 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video
SetFilePointer Failed 72/2748123: 72 The system cannot find the path specified.
History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I have yet to even see the start screen someone please help me I'm getting angry and upset.
It DOES update and gives me that other error - "program has requested to terminate in an unsual way please contact support team" I have been scince it came out I want to play the game I've been waiting a month and now even a patch snt working for me. Please help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Byte Me said:
Greylag, are you still stuck at 65%? If so, just cancel the download, restart steam, and try it again. I highly doubt you would have to reinstall, since the patch has to download and install everytime you start (or in this case, isn't even applied), which means it uninstalls everytime you exit steam.

YES still stuck at 65% here As far as i can see you can only pause the d/load--where if anywhere can i cancel the thing--HEEEEEEEEEELP

Upvote 0
Greylag, right click on RO (I'm assuming your looking under "My games"), then go to properties, got to the "updates" tab, click the drop down list, and change it to "Do not automatically update this game". If it still wont stop then exit steam, use task manager to exit steam if you have to (in case steam actually froze and its not just the download). Now start steam, it wont update, do the same thing I typed above, except the last step to "Automatically keep this game up to date". That should restart the download.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Byte Me said:
Greylag, right click on RO (I'm assuming your looking under "My games"), then go to properties, got to the "updates" tab, click the drop down list, and change it to "Do not automatically update this game". If it still wont stop then exit steam, use task manager to exit steam if you have to (in case steam actually froze and its not just the download). Now start steam, it wont update, do the same thing I typed above, except the last step to "Automatically keep this game up to date". That should restart the download.

Right back to 65% after selecting do not automatically bla bla then closing /reopening steam with new txt added

Upvote 0
ATIKO
They did warn you, as you did know it was a beta.
Yes I am fully aware it was a beta. The thing is I CAN'T stop the game from updating/patching the beta which means I CAN'T play at all. The update is SUPPOSED to be optional. As for the warning, the only thing I found was this.
We also have word that Zone Labs is working on a fix that should address the compatibility issues that ZoneAlarm has with Red Orchestra: Ostfront.
Which was meant for those already having problems. Which wasn't me till this "patch" came out.

Upvote 0
Well--just uninstalled an tried reinstallin via steam an guess wat--servers are busy ,surprise surprise.ALL AFTERNOON TRYING TO GET PATCH and when it dun d/load past 65% i give up an try a reinstall an get same crud"severs busy" superb really superb(sarcastic).Great game with a dodgy beta patch-If servers are busy thus causin d/load delays please would admin advise of said delays to guide members in the right direction because prev posts suggest this message is due to wrong key inputs onto your launch icon

Upvote 0
I know this question was asked in this thread, but I don't think anyone answered his question, because I am having the same problem. So here is the question. I know I updated something through steam for RO cause a little box appeared saying that it was updating something for RO after I added the "-betta RO" to the steam and RO icon in the properties section. After I restarted steam, the update still says 1000 when I go into muliplayer. Did I download the right thing or is this a problem that I should wait till the official patch fixes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
bobis82
I know this question was asked in this thread, but I don't think anyone answered his question, because I am having the same problem. So here is the question. I know I updated something through steam for RO cause a little box appeared saying that it was updating something for RO after I added the "-betta RO" to the steam and RO icon in the properties section. After I restarted steam, the update still says 1000 when I go into muliplayer. Did I download the right thing or is this a problem that I should wait till the official patch fixes?
1. The tag line was "-beta ro"
2. You only need to add it to 1 of your shortcuts.
3. Make sure you have auto updates on (it looks like you did before, but since it isn't doing it now, you better double check).
4. Do you have Zone Alarm? (you haven't gotten any BSOD, so assume not, but you never know what other problems it might cause).

Upvote 0
Byte Me said:
1. The tag line was "-beta ro"
2. You only need to add it to 1 of your shortcuts.
3. Make sure you have auto updates on (it looks like you did before, but since it isn't doing it now, you better double check).
4. Do you have Zone Alarm? (you haven't gotten any BSOD, so assume not, but you never know what other problems it might cause).

1. I did put it in the right way, I just copyied and pasted it, my spelling is that bad, lol.
2. ok, just one, I'm assumin the RO icon is the one I'll change it in.
3. auto updates are on.
4. I don't have zone alarm

Thanks for the help, I'll check it out. :)

I played it once and it froze 20 seconds into the game, I noticed that the server I was in was 1000 and not 1001 like me. So I went to try a different server that is running 1001, and it kept saying that the game is currently unavailable. I looked back in this thread to find an answer, and someone said to make sure that there was a space before the -beta ro, which there is, I checked, but the problem is still occuring. I'll just wait till the official patch comes out I guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is how you get the patch.

Launching the beta patch as a client:

To launch the beta patch as a client you need to add the following to the shortcut you use to launch either Steam or Redorchestra:
-beta ro

Here are a couple of examples:

1) Adding the shortcut to your steam shortcut:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -beta ro

2) Adding the shortcut to your red orchestra shortcut:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 -beta ro

Upvote 0